- Silver screen Halloween: movie characters in costume
- Cuddly pumpkin templates for your geeky jack-o'-lantern
- Dos and don'ts of coloring your hair at home
- Girly Elmo birthday party: throw a Sesame Street soiree
- Instant Fall classics to add to your closet
- New ways to decorate with your flatscreen
- Save money on groceries without coupons
- Energy-boosting snacks to send away the afternoon slump
- Kate Hudson carries baby Bing close during a family day out
- Video: Jessica Simpson crosses coasts in another bump-baring ensemble
- Bringing home the troops: 7 reasons to date a military man
- Circus cats find love beyond the big top
- Aww-dorable owl cupcakes are a hit with kids!
- PopSugar NYC: frightfully fun Halloween parties to check out!
- Mediterranean quiche is great morning, noon, or night
Posts for October 24th 2011
When it comes to decorating your home, sometimes all you need to anchor a room and make a statement is a decorative area rug. Join designer Elaine Griffin as she shows you how to pick the perfect rug for your bare living room floor without breaking the bank.
Zara is one lookbook we devour at first sight, and the latest arrivals have given us more reason to love its affordable on-trend clothing and accessories. For its TRF October lookbook, the retailer showed us plenty to swoon over: colorful boiled wool coats, tweedy jackets, textural jacquard trousers, and sheer blouses all top our must-haves list. Furthermore, we spied some sleek ankle boots and point-toe pumps to add to our Fall footwear repertoire. Read below to see our favorite ensembles, then click the slideshow to see the rest of the gorgeous and affordable collection.
Diana Payne looked red-hot while cooking up her latest scheme in episode five of Gossip Girl. Diana donned a cap-sleeve Emilio Pucci dress, which we styled with snakeskin pumps and a two-tone Alice by Temperley cape. If you are loving this wickedly fierce ensemble, shop here to snag similar pieces.
Photo courtesy of The CW
To help put an end to our wardrobe malfunctions and forever eliminate the phrase "I have nothing to wear" from our fashion vocabularies, we've culled our style-savvy community and editors' sartorial wisdom for the quick-hit tips we need to whip our outfits into shape. Today's lesson is all about one of our favorite statement colors: add a pop of red.
- Red is a powerful statement color that's also having a bit of a moment right now. Denim, in particular, has never looked so fresh or on-trend as it does now in candy-apple red hues.
- Red isn't occasion-specific; it functions both as a great everyday accent to brighten up your working wardrobe or on a little dress for a big night out.
- This kind of outfit accent doesn't come with a hefty price tag or special stipulations. All you need to pull it off is the right tone for your complexion; then choose whatever form you're drawn to, whether it's a Fall sweater, a silky red blouse, or a great pair of red pumps. There are no rules; just experiment with the color as you see fit and in the doses you like.
Blair Waldorf was picture-perfect getting cozy with her fiancé, Louis, in this week's episode of Gossip Girl. Blair looked like a princess-in-training in her floral D&G blouse, high-waist Tracy Reese trousers, and Valentino bracelet. We added platform loafers, oversize onyx earrings, and pink lipstick to finish off Miss Waldorf's adorable ensemble. Shop now to copy this ladylike look.
Photo courtesy of The CW
If you can't shake tweed's connotations of skirt suits and ladies who lunch, take a look at Hailee Steinfeld, Olivia Wilde, and Chloe Moretz in these trend-driven tweed looks. Fall's call to layer up works perfectly with rich, woven tweed textiles that act more as accent pieces than outfit basics. The tone's a little bookish the way Hailee outfits it in deep berry tones and a complementary white button-down while Olivia's version shows off its modern ladylike appeal on a chic coat. Still, our favorite might be Chloe's incarnation with a buckled miniskirt and neoprene-textured topper — this girl has "next style star" written all over her. The trend is strong on the runway, too, from the masterful, timeless tweeds at Chanel to the mixed-material tweeds at Alexander Wang and the brightly hued versions at Thakoon. Feeling inspired to try the trend? We've culled the best on the market right here — just click our editors' picks to shop.
Whether they are promoting their next big project or lunching with friends, celebs' ensembles are documented daily, so they always have to look their best. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Middleton, and Cameron Diaz are just a few stylish starlets who have been seen rocking J Brand cropped skinnies, cords, and colored denim all over Tinseltown. Shop our exclusive J Brand offer now to save on your own celeb-inspired looks.