- 6 ways to send holiday cards online or from your phone
- Filet mignon crostini: an easy, elegant Thanksgiving app
- How to get a gorgeous, sexy Victoria's Secret makeup look
- Take a look back at the Radio City Rockettes
- Make the skies friendlier with these Holiday family travel tips
- Essential work pieces that aren't totally tired
- This Thanksgiving, add glam metallics to your tablescape
- Godly good looks: hot immortals & warriors in movies
- Find out when stores open on Black Friday this year
- Video: Jessica Simpson worries that her baby will be "too much like me"
- Try traditional Thanksgiving side dishes with a vegan spin
- How foster families can help furry friends
- Find out where Guy Fieri is visiting next on Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives!
- PopSugar SF: this holiday, gift cookbooks from famed SF chefs
- Blake joins Jessica, Chace, and more at the Versace for H&M blowout
Posts for November 9th 2011
Darren Aronofsky, acclaimed director of Black Swan and The Wrestler, teamed up with The Meth Project to direct four public service announcements depicting young adults in horrifying situations following meth use. Watch one of the four here, and visit methproject.org to view the rest and read more about the awareness campaign.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley played up her mile-long legs with leather pants and two-tone Christian Louboutin pumps at the Christian Louboutin book launch party at Barneys New York in Beverly Hills. Rosie topped off her chic look with a brocade blouse, Christian Louboutin clutch, and berry lip. Shop now to snag Ms. Huntington-Whiteley's exact clutch and shoes in a darker hue.
Even with Winter on its way, these chic celebrities make quite a case for slipping into pretty floral prints right now. If you're envisioning the garden-party variety, you'll want to take a closer look. Felicity Jones and Kirsten Dunst outfitted themselves in bright Dolce & Gabbana prints, while Liya Kebede, in romantic velvet florals, took a moodier approach. We've gathered 10 gorgeous celebs flaunting ladylike dresses; some have retro-inspired full skirts and bold prints, others feel entirely more modern in sophisticated, printed sheaths. It's a totally feminine look that's worth primping up for, and it has timeless appeal. We found some pretty options to shop — find yours too when you flip through our lookbook and shop the key pieces on the last slide.
Let's face it: dressing for the office can be a challenge. If you're lucky enough to work in a creative space, you may feel more pressure to keep your looks exciting (and not take total advantage of the lax dress code). If you're in a pretty corporate professional environment, it's even more likely that you'll be surrounded by ensembles that are duller than dishwater. Luckily, there are a few easy pieces that can ensure you look polished and powerful — whether you're working with a base salary or something a bit more bountiful. From an anything-but-boring blazer to a punchy pair of pants, click through to see and shop 10 pieces that will bring some serious cool to your cubicle.
The Versace For H&M fashion launch in NYC last night attracted a fashionable crowd and celebrities like Emma Roberts, Jennifer Hudson, and Nicki Minaj, who arrived decked out in the new collection. We spotted a few of our favorite pieces from the line on Jessica Alba and Selma Blair — Selma even revealed that a few of her favorite moments have taken place wearing designs from the famed Italian fashion house. Watch to see our coverage of this stylish soiree, and make sure to check out our favorite picks from the Versace For H&M collaboration. Then enter our giveaway for your chance to win a Versace For H&M handbag and bracelet!
The annual Victoria's Secret fashion show extravaganza is happening tonight, and we're more than excited to go. The show apparently cost $12 million to produce this year, so we're expecting nothing short of amazing — dazzlings wings, jeweled bras, and performances by Kanye West, Maroon 5, and Nicki Minaj are all on the list. The VS Angels — Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr, Lily Aldridge, and newcomer Karlie Kloss to name a few — are prepping for their big night as we speak, and we got the photos for you to peruse. Also, don't forget to follow us on Twitter for photos and updates from tonight's event.
We're excited to announce our new partnership with one of our favorite sites, Fashionista. We'll be bringing you some of their best fashion finds, shopping stories, and style news. We're kicking it off with these fabulous handbag finds under $300:
Sometimes it feels like everyone in New York City is carrying either a Proenza Schouler PS1 or a huge Chanel bag. While dropping $2,000 on a bag is an “investment” for some people, for others it’s just plain out of reach. We were convinced that there had to be fantastic, high-quality, well-designed bags out there for less than $300 (which don’t make you resort to buying Kardashian knock-off bags.) And we were right!
From the high street stores to some of our favorite designers — like Alexander Wang and Marc Jacobs — we found 10 bags to fit most budgets (we’re talking $300 or under here) and pretty much any style.
Be sure to click over to Fashionista for the complete story.
More stories from Fashionista:
- Street Style: Erin Wasson Has 22 Tattoos (and Looks Insanely Beautiful Without Makeup)
- The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show by the Numbers
- Chloe Sevigny Says She’d Be Happy If Snooki Wore Her Clothes, but Not If Paris Hilton Did
- The Top 10 "Shopaholic" Cities in the US (The Results Will Surprise You – New York Didn’t Make the List)