- Killer app: bite-size twice-baked potatoes
- Video: Gisele Bundchen's bikini and samba-filled Carnival!
- Lady Gaga's nail artist dishes on the star's "Born This Way" nails and life with Gaga
- New dating site will find your twin
- Mardi Gras cupcakes fit for a king
- FabSugarTV: lady retro looks at Fall 2011 Milan Fashion Week!
- PopSugar City's beauty beat: I've got Georgia on my mind
- Recycle your wedding: eclectic DIY and vintage finds
- True Blood: your first look at footage from season four!
- Save money on groceries by learning how to price match
- Get wow arms with this yoga sequence
- Apple: new iPhone 5 rumors and iPad 2 data plan pricing
- Savory sights: BBQ pulled pork egg rolls
- Kate Hudson brings her white bikini south to Mexico with Matt and Ryder!
Posts for March 7th 2011
Full of python prints, retro, '70s looks, and chic colorblocked pieces, the Chloé Fall 2011 collection stayed true to designer Hannah MacGibbon’s signature style. A few standout pieces from the line include a silk python print dress and a colorblock poncho – plus a very daring leather jumpsuit. Check out our video for more from the designer at Paris Fashion Week.
Vanessa Bruno's Fall '11 collection is another masterful lesson in the art of layering, giving us an interesting mix of '70s chic and '90s grunge. Thick wool coats look cozy and cloud-like; long, languid skirts take on the shape of the wearer; and airy blouses play romantically against plush mohair crew-neck sweaters. Moody floral silk dresses fare well with turtlenecks and knee-high boots, while long, drapey coats look downright dreamy when paired with silky separates and sharp tailored trousers. The painstaking attention to detail that Bruno takes when styling each look is evident, and the Fall collection is pretty and polished, yet still effortlessly undone.
- Trends: Metallics, freeform stripes, fur accents.
- Colors: Cream, burnt sienna, charcoal gray.
- Key Looks: Laser cut fur panel jacket; oversized mohair striped sweater with fox-fur shoulder pads.
- Accessories: Slouchy knit hats, structured tote bags, leather boots with knee-high socks.
- Who Would Wear It: City girls that crave relaxed, low-maintenance chic.
After refreshing on Spring's best trends, it's time to start stocking our wardrobes with the seasonal staples to carry us through the upcoming months in style. So, as we start shedding our cozy Winter layers, we'll all be needing lighter jackets in the form of cool blazers, soft, lighter-hued leather, lace, and denim jackets to top off our floral minis and stripes. If you haven't started thinking about the Spring-styled jackets you'll be wearing, click through for 10 Fab-approved picks, ready to shop now!
It's safe to say Hannah MacGibbon kicked rumors — that her contract is up after this season — to the curb after showing an ultra-chic '70s-inspired collection for Chloé today in Paris. Staying true to her signature throwback aesthetic, the designer upped the ante for Fall with a heavy helping of python prints made into diaphanous silk dresses, maxi dresses, wispy blouses, skirts — some even dyed a vibrant jade hue — and more structured pieces via sheath dresses and trench coats. For those who aren't privy to all of the hissing, MacGibbon broke up the reptilian theme with a colorful collage of colorblocked ponchos and skirts along with denim skirts and wide-leg leather trousers injecting a vibrant touch to the collection. And if you're looking for the ultimate statement piece, check out those cool leather dungarees.
- Trends: '70s, reptilian prints, colorblocking.
- Colors: Ecru, brown, jade, mustard yellow.
- Key Looks: Silk python print dress, colorblock poncho.
- Accessories: Oversized hobo bags, platform boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Women looking for chic pieces with a twist.
Hopefully you've already voted on all your favorite hair and makeup looks from this weekend's NAACP Image Awards — and now it's time to weigh in on who had the most fab dress of the evening. It was a night of moody blues and bold brights, where the Old Guard — Halle, Angela, Vanessa — shook things up and looked just as sexy as their up-and-coming counterparts. Click through to cast your vote for each gorgeous gal on the red carpet.
Anna Paquin looked adorable in a cheetah print Stella McCartney frock at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills. Her bevy of black — Alexander Wang blazer, Alaia corset belt, and Sergio Rossi pumps — was anything but boring. Anna kept her makeup fresh and natural, along with her nude nails. Shop now to get Ms. Paquin-Moyer's dress, pumps, and blazer.
Gisele Bundchen is a powerhouse to be reckoned with: she's already locked in as Emmanuelle Alt's first issue cover girl, graced the Spring '11 campaign for Balenciaga, posed sexy in V Magazine, and is also Muse's cover girl. And the new mom shows no signs of slowing down postbaby with her latest endeavor for H&M's Spring '11 campaign. Gisele looks effortlessly styled in florals and high-waist denim for the brand's aptly named, '70s-inspired Spring Awakening campaign. We love it, do you? Click through to see the supermodel pose pretty for the new ads, then tell us what you think.