- Fabulous and functional tech clutches
- Learn how to pickle. . . anything!
- Use pencil eyeliner to get smoldering eyes for day or night
- Love at Cannes: kissy and cute couples and costar moments
- PopSugar City NYC: 7 sample sales to shop before Friday
- Get your burger on: weelicious burgers for hungry tots
- How to dress for Summer on a budget
- Unusual decorating ideas that make a bedroom shine
- Get a sneak peek at the hot new shows picked up by NBC
- Learn the trade secrets of getting freebies from an expert
- Post-workout vegetarian snacks that are packed with protein
- Chris Colfer loves his pooch, Bob Marley Merlot!
- Penelope Cruz rocks a swimsuit and sheds a tear of happiness in Vogue
- Video: Brad and Angelina have a romantic date night in Cannes before his big premiere
Posts for May 16th 2011
It's day six, and the Cannes Film Festival's glamorously clad celebrity crowd shows no signs of slowing down. The red carpet was dotted in Armani, Valentino, and Stella McCartney as the fashion pack made its way to today's The Tree of Life premiere. We spotted Zoe Saldana showing off two looks for the festivities, Gwen Stefani bringing the sparkle, and Anna Dello Russo in another fabulous hat. Of course, there's plenty more Cannes eye candy — just click through to see who else we spotted on day six!
Over the last week, Penelope Cruz has been turning up on red carpets around the globe — not to mention the cover of June Vogue — to promote the latest installment of Pirates of the Caribbean, and leaving us no shortage of fantastic premiere style. She kicked off the tour in a feathered and crystal embroidered black Marchesa for the movie's world premiere, then jetted to Moscow, where she debuted a velvet, knee-length Pucci. From there, it was only more glam in the form of a lacy, white Givenchy in London, followed by a pretty lavender embellished and tulle Marchesa gown in Cannes. Now, from the actress's latest stop in Munich, we get a fiery red Armani Privé. So after eying all of the couture — tell us, which look is Penelope's best?
Ever since the royal wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William, Pippa Middleton has taken on her own kind of stardom. We can see why: the younger sister of Kate is effortlessly beautiful, and pretty stylish to boot. Like her sister, Pippa likes to lie back in jeans and boots for casual occasions, but it's the dressier occasions that really highlight her fun style. Peruse the slideshow to see all of Pippa's different looks throughout the past couple of years, and tell us what you think.
When we spotted Jena Malone out this weekend, we thought to ourselves, this is how you wear a midi skirt. The actress's spot on combination of a fitted, almost corset style top, midi skirt, and platforms is practically a no-fail formula for how to wear one of this season's hottest hemlines — the midi skirt. This is why it works:
- The fitted bodice style top flatters your frame and defines your waist, while the full calf-length skirt floats away from the body and balances your top half.
- It mimics natural feminine curves, and on a boyish frame helps to define and create those curves where the structured top meets the defined waistline of the skirt. You don't want to add bulk to your top half with a billowy blouse or one that covers your waist.
- The length is generally an easy one to pull off, exposing the thinnest part of the leg. Adding a platform or wedge helps to elongate your legs and make you appear taller, which is key to executing this style. Especially if you're on the shorter side you'll want to avoid pairing the midi skirt with flats.
Now, just shop the outfits below to get the look!
Penelope Cruz had a baby in January, which makes the fact that we're looking at these stunning pictures of her in the June issue of Vogue all the more incredible. Looking sun-kissed, relaxed, and perfectly proportioned in Dolce and Gabbana's Spring collection, Penelope reminds us that she is one hot mama. Click the slideshow to see a sneak peek from the Mario Testino-lensed shoot, and visit Vogue for the complete story.
With designer collaborations a dime a dozen, how do you keep it exciting? By adding a third to the party. Collaboration king (or queen) Opening Ceremony is partnering with Lane Crawford on a pop-up shop, and they enlisted designers Alexander Wang, Pamela Love, and Band of Outsiders to design exclusive pieces to mark the occasion. Here's a sneak peek at the pieces from each designer — Alex Wang did a tee-shirt, Pamela Love did a skull necklace, and Band of Outsiders did ties. If you won't be in Hong Kong for the pop-up shop, you can always shop it online.
If you could put together the ultimate designer collaboration three-way, who would it be? Tell us in the comments!
Zoe Saldana mixed fabrics and patterns like a pro while signing autographs at the Nice airport. Her striped tee, tweed Lanvin cardigan, and vintage-wash skinnies were perfect for traveling. She jazzed up her effortless ensemble with a wool fedora, metallic espadrilles, and a two-tone Lanvin bag. Get Zoe's exact bag with other like items now.