- Geeky cookies for an out-of-this-world party!
- Check out the Gossip Girls' stylish outfits before the new season starts!
- Sneak peek: Missoni Home for Target
- Jessica, Hilary, Kate, and Tina share big baby news
- Make the most of tomato season with ripe recipes
- Three (nearly) effortless ways to get gorgeous hair when it's hot
- Detective dames prove mystery-solving can be sexy
- Take a seat: kid-sized chairs to covet
- What's the best book you've read this year so far?
- Report card: study says the best job training happens in preschool
- 45 never looked so good: Halle Berry's arms and shoulders bikini workout
- Does your pooch ride with its head out the car window?
- PopSugar City NYC: all the details you need for a fun Fashion's Night Out
- Reese wears a bikini and shows her stomach tattoo during a Hawaiian vacation
Posts for August 15th 2011
We'll give it another week before we grudgingly accept that Summer is all but over, and while we're sad to see the season go, we're excited to start dressing for Fall. To get you ready, we suggest you swap out your current rotation of casual cotton frocks for more standout renditions comprised of graphic prints, long-sleeved minis, textural knits, and even some leather. Ready to start shopping? Click the slideshow to see 15 amazing transitional dresses from Diane von Furstenberg, Zara, Tibi, and Isabel Marant now.
Photo courtesy of i-D Magazine
Ashley Tisdale looked adorable in a pumpkin-colored Joie dress and ruched Christian Louboutin booties at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills. The frock complemented her sun-kissed glow and showed off her gorgeous gams. Loose curls, nude nail polish, and a simple gold necklace finished off Ms. Tisdale's lovely look. Get the exact dress with other like items now.
Leave it to Rachel Zoe to bring a simple, monochrome look into sophisticated evening territory. The superstylist attended a movie screening in a classic black maxi tank dress, wide brown belt, chocolate Gucci clutch, and heels — and elevated the look for a chic Summer night, just by adding a great statement necklace. Her bright gold spiked necklace was the perfect accessory; it pops nicely against the black dress and adds a bit of edge and intrigue to an otherwise casual look. Feeling inspired? Click below to shop similar necklaces.
- See the full Rodarte for Opening Ceremony Fall '11 collection — Fashionologie
- Christian Louboutin plans to "fight like hell" for his red-sole trademark — Vogue UK
- The new Coco Chanel biography won't diminish her impact on fashion — The Daily Beast
- Meet the newest Victoria's Secret PINK model — Modelinia
- Robert Pattinson is thinking of starting a clothing line — The Cut
- This J.Crew dress is a must-buy — Lucky
- See Kate Middleton's purple sweater triple take — InStyle
- Pierre Hardy's Fall bags are piping hot — Bag Snob
- How to wear the new neon — The Inside Source
- Paisley is popping up again — Vogue Daily
- Inside jewelry designer Jennifer Meyer's stunning studio — Refinery29
Fall's prim and proper theme has a deliciously subversive undercurrent; lurking under the Peter Pan collar blouses and sock-filled loafers is one sexy bombshell waiting to come out. Case in point: Gisele playing the rebellious schoolgirl in i-D mag and Mila Kunis embracing a sex kitten vibe for Glamour UK. It's fun to see the theme played out in the pages of a fashion mag, but little skirts, socks, loafers, and bedroom eyes might be tougher to pull off in real life. Will you wear the trend this Fall?
Sex and the City ruled our lives, and inspired endless fashion inspiration, from '98 to '04 so naturally, we jumped when we heard rumors that the show is set to return to television, with Sarah Jessica Parker as the producer. However, the thought of tuning in to a weekly dose of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda's entertaining lives — and equally amazing shoes and clothes to go with it — sounds a little too good to be true. We're still curious, are you excited about the possibility of Sex and the City back on TV?
Jessica Alba gave birth to a baby girl, Haven Garner Warren, on Saturday, August 13th. We couldn't be happier for the gorgeous family, and it was only days ago that we were busy digging Jessica's chic maternity style. In honor of Jessica becoming a mom again, take a look at her chic maternal style from the past nine months.
As tempting as it may be to hide your pregnant body in baggy sweats and oversize sweaters, baby bumps actually look chic and adorable swathed in fitted knits, empire-waist frocks, and bright, bold hues. Jessica Alba nailed maternity style with confidence and an effortless aplomb, whether she was hitting the red carpet or hanging in LA. Regardless, she made it look easy and cool alternating between an off-duty uniform of wide-leg denim and Prada stripes, then stylish via appearances in Dolce & Gabbana maxis and bright Summer hues. Click through for the breakdown and see Alba's impressive spin on maternity style — then shop our inspired picks.