- 5 classic Summer dishes, and modern updates to go with them
- PopSugar NYC: where to find friendship bracelets from local designers
- How to get a graffiti nail art look
- Say I do, again: get inspired to renew your vows
- Tori Spelling shares the secrets of stealing time with your kids
- Back-to-school special: Fab's college intern shares her Fall shopping list
- New ways to complete a successful speed cleaning
- Buzz discusses why the Sex and the City prequel will work better as a TV series
- Quick tips for negotiating a salary for a new job
- Stand up and dust yourself off: ways to get back on the fitness wagon
- What do you know about your dog's eyes?
- Calorie counter wants to be your only diet app
- See a Sugar reader's before-and-after kitchen remodel
- Video: Ryan Reynolds vacations with Sandra Bullock — are they dating?
- The road to Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries's wedding!
Posts for August 17th 2011
Meet Areeba, our I'm a Huge Fan: Anne Hathaway winner! Areeba is a big fan of Anne Hathaway, and now she's off on an adventure in NYC to go through a series of challenges to get into the mindset of the Oscar-nominated actress before interviewing her. Areeba and her sister are whisked off to the Big Apple and immediately immersed in the world of Anne with a trip to her favorite bakery, BabyCakes. Then, it's time for a fashion makeover thanks to the fabulous 25 Park boutique. When she has the perfect outfit picked out, Areeba has to conquer her fear of performing by learning a Broadway number at Cap21. Big thanks to La Gazzetta, the Andaz Hotel, and Virgin America. Check out episode one, stay tuned for the rest of I'm a Huge Fan: Anne Hathaway, and check out Anne's movie One Day, which is out on Friday.
Zooey Deschanel was runway ready donning a ruffled Moschino dress to the LA premiere of Our Idiot Brother. Zooey paired her crepe frock with suede Yves Saint Laurent pumps and carried a black metal clutch. Her tousled bun and cheeky makeup were the perfect finishing touches to her chic ensemble. Get the exact white and black sleeveless dress with other similar items when you shop now.
If this Summer told us anything, it's that celebs don't shy away from the iconic white Summer dress. Miranda Kerr might have won our award for favorite LWD; her lace Lover frock is supposed to hit Shopbop.com in a lighter shade of red at the end of this month, and we're definitely snapping that up. Other stars include Blake Lively looking dreamy in Chanel, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in sleek Max Mara, and Mila Kunis looking very much like a white swan for a Friends with Benefits appearance. The best part of white dresses? They're no longer just for Summer — we plan on making our white dresses cold-weather worthy with chunky tights and oversized sweaters. Click to see who got our nod for the best white dresses of the Summer season, and tell us: who gets your vote for best white dress look?
Pippa Middleton strolled around London looking Summer chic in a navy silk blouse and colorblock Zara skirt. She accessorized with suede peep-toe pumps, desaturated blue sunglasses, and a brown croc Modalu bag. Unfortunately, Pippa's exact skirt isn't available online, but shop our editor's picks now to re-create this lovely look in a lighter color palette.
It's a very ladylike way to add sparkle to your outfit: show it on a sharp collar. Found in the Fall '11 collections from Givenchy, Miu Miu, and Valentino, the look is surprising versatile and definitely statement-making. Emma Watson paired the collar with a sequin jacket in her most recent editorial for i-D mag, and Hailee Steinfeld looked adorable in a beaded sheath at a Miu Miu party. While a pearl-embellished top from Valentino is available now ($1,090), we expect it will be a short matter of time before this trend pops up in more affordable versions. Wear it on its own, with the blouse tucked into slim trousers or a pencil skirt for a polished look. For a more offbeat approach (the way we would do it!), layer it under a crew-neck sweater or sweatshirt, skinny jeans, and oxfords for a back-to-school look that is totally cute and unexpected.
We're currently using the new season as an excuse to buy new footwear, but we all know that's a farce. It takes little coaxing (or reasoning) for us to drop our credit cards for a shiny new pair of shoes, and we think we just found our latest lust with Brian Atwood's lower-priced line dubbed B by Brian Atwood. The celeb-favorite shoe designer — his heels have been worn by the likes of Rachel Bilson, Olivia Palermo, and Emma Stone, to name a few — just released the collection, ranging from $275 to $995, for preorder online, and we're already eyeing a pair, or two, to add to our Fall wardrobe. Here are our top three picks:
- These glittery Liese metallic peep-toe booties, seen above, had us at hello — we love the slim ankle-wrap detail.
- We can already picture these Edeline wine-hued booties with cropped dark denim skinnies and an angora sweater for a chic understated look.
- The exotic detailing on these Blayne peep-toe pumps would go perfect with a scintillating holiday-party ensemble.
Now click the slideshow to see the rest of the collection.
The colorblock trend was seen on both the Spring and Fall '11 runways; we're taking notes on its minimalist structure and bold effect. It's a standout ensemble that only requires some creative color combinations, and for inspiration, we're looking to celebrity style. A whole week of colorblocked cool looks is not as hard as you might think. The proof is in this batch of celebrity styling — a call to try colorblocking every day of the week. Click through to see how it's done, and how you can pull it off, too.