- Fab's 25 favorite small bags for Fall — at every price
- Brad Pitt holds hands with Knox and Vivienne following a movie matinee
- 10 brown-bag lunches to try
- How to update your ombré highlights for Fall
- Lady Gaga's gender-bending alter ego, Jo Calderone, steals the show
- Baby gifts perfectly suited for Beyoncé and Jay-Z's new addition
- Add dramatic drapes to your chic space
- Watch the Britney Spears music video tribute at the VMAs
- Tips to becoming a productivity superstar
- Cheap fitness gear to reward and motivate yourself
- What do you know about French Bulldogs?
- Funny sites that will instantly lift your mood
- PopSugar Chicago: 5 must-try restaurants this Fall
- Video: Beyoncé celebrates her pregnancy at MTV VMAs with Jay-Z!
Posts for August 29th 2011
Sarah Jessica Parker wowed in a lace Prabal Gurung dress at an I Don't Know How She Does It photo call in Moscow. She styled her sophisticated shift with Yves Saint Laurent cap-toe pumps and minimal accessories. Loose locks, light makeup, and clear nail polish finished off her ladylike look. Snag Sarah's identical dress pronto before it's gone.
Ashley Tisdale looked adorable in a vibrant Tibi mini and black cage booties at the Candie's 2011 MTV Video Music Awards afterparty in Los Angeles. Ms. Tisdale accessorized her floral frock with a Dana Rebecca cocktail ring, hot pink lip gloss, and nude nail polish. We added a deep blue clutch to complete Ashley's party style. Get her exact dress in a different cut when you shop now.
As we hang up our slouchy woven and canvas bags and eye the Fall handbag bounty, we're reaching for bags that touch on all of our favorite trends. This season, the shapes are smaller, structured, ladylike — and most importantly, make us entirely more efficient with on-the-go crossbody styles. As for the details and finishes, hands-free, smaller satchels are textured and embossed, darker in rich berry and shades of midnight blue, and come on chains or classic leather straps. To make your Fall shopping just a little easier, we've curated our top 25 picks at every price point. Before you click through, keep these key takeaways in mind:
- Invest in a classic leather saddle bag in a rich brown or berry color. This will become your neutral, everyday bag that you can wear with everything from '70s denim to your midi skirts and Fall dresses.
- Look for subtly luxe details like embossed snakeskin, leopard calf-hair, or chainstraps for a day-to-night style.
- Opt for midnight blue bags as an alternative to black; they'll add more interest and dimension to your look.
Tick tock, we have exactly nine days until Zara unleashes its US ecommerce. As if we needed more reason to anticipate the online launch, the brand just released its August lookbook (better late than never) filled with enviable Fall transitional pieces. The latest offering stays true to Zara's infatuation with minimalism, showing waxed jeans, tailored blazers, print blouses, and sweaters dipped in rich jeweled tones. Perfect for your everyday getup, but if you're looking for extra pizzazz, Zara also has you covered via fur vests, shaggy coats, and sequined dresses. Check out our top three pieces from the lookbook below:
- This forest green jacket — we love the sleek tailoring — is perfect for those chilly Fall days around town.
- We can't wait to get our hands on this Chloe-inspired reptilian print blouse.
- A cozy sweater is on top of our Fall must haves list; this textural black and white rendition is so chic.
Now check out the complete Zara lookbook.
As far as Fall-specific wardrobe staples go, we look forward to changing up our bottoms for something a tad cozier. This season, we're embracing the return to the same retro-cool we saw outfitted on Miu Miu and Tory Burch's Fall '11 runways with decidedly '70s cords. In rich plums and rust hues, with high-rises and bell-bottom flares the feel is utterly cool and vintage-inspired. Of course, if that's not your thing, there are subtler ways to go — a skinny fit in black or red feels entirely more modern, and a slouchy boyfriend pair is perfect for crafting a relaxed off-duty look. Inside, we've culled our favorite labels and cuts; just click through to shop.
If your Fall must haves list includes striped sweaters, colored jeans, and a star-print piece, look no further. Mango just released its City Wear lookbook featuring beauties Anna Jagodzinska, Jourdan Dunn, and Ming Xi wearing covetable, on-trend autumnal pieces from the affordable Spanish brand. We'd wear every piece to work in our casual offices, but if your 9 to 5 requires a stricter dress code, we have cues on how to incorporate some of these pieces into your workwear. Check out three ways to inject a little cool — without compromising the chic — into your business casual wardrobe.
- We love the idea of pairing this star print sweater with a fitted black midi skirt, point-toe pumps, and gold jewels for an elevated work ensemble.
- Dress up this black fur vest with a silky bow blouse and flared trousers for a power lunch with the bosses.
- Pair this tweed jacket with a printed top and sleek shorts for a polished mixed print ensemble.