An all-star model cast including Karen Elson, Jess Stam, Arizona Muse, Karlie Kloss, and Lindsey Wixson hit the runway for Anna Sui's '40s-inspired Spring 2012 collection.
An all-star model cast including Karen Elson, Jess Stam, Arizona Muse, Karlie Kloss, and Lindsey Wixson hit the runway for Anna Sui's '40s-inspired Spring 2012 collection. With ladylike silhouettes, sweet, full-bodied prints, an electric palette — and turbans to top every look — Sui's Spring looks bright, polished, and marked with feminine charm in every detail. Nods to the womanly, the glamorous — and the very Parisian — were made throughout, in everything from the bold red lips to the lace veils, and the music transporting the crowd — including front-rower Sofia Coppola — to a bouncy dance scene in retro Paris. Indeed, the models themselves seemed to bounce along the runway in a peppy celebration of womanly clothes and colorful accents. Lindsey Wixson smiled flirtatiously, Karlie Kloss perfected her sultry half-smile, and the parade of beauties all done up in a mix of prints, socks, and sequins played perfectly to Sui's witty recreation of vintage style.
- Trends: Ladylike, sheer, lace, florals, prints, sequins, turbans.
- Colors: Purple, black, white, red, yellow florals.
- Key Piece: Karlie in the electric purple floral print frock and matching turban.
- Accessories: Cat-eye sunglasses, floppy hats, turbans, crisscross sandals, embellished tights, socks, and Sui's luggage for Tumi.
- Who Would Wear It: Witty, whimsical types who favor femme silhouettes and a taste for the retro; Kirsten Dunst.