- Men in uniform: 25 sports movie hunks
- Fantastic apple recipes for Fall
- See the best hair and makeup from London Fashion Week
- Practical items to add to your baby registry
- Is seafoam green the new black?
- Get inspired by a vintage-themed Autumn wedding
- Watch the trailer for Sam Worthington's Man on a Ledge
- Budget travel: rooms around the world for under $100
- Power brunch: healthy pancake recipes
- Who knew? Beluga whales like music too!
- Netflix alternatives to online streaming
- Justin and Selena spend a romantic day making out on the beach
- PopSugar Chicago: 5 fab food events you must attend!
- Video: Jennifer Garner talks baby names, thongs, and Ben's sweet side
Posts for September 25th 2011
The sexy, slightly boho, total glamour of Roberto Cavalli's younger line was on full display for Spring 2012. There were flirty minidresses, slim beaded jackets paired with chiffon blouses, skinny, ultra low-rise pants with exaggerated leather stitching, and billowing chiffon printed gowns. We loved the slim, tailored silhouette of the denim, making it a chic evening option when elevated with the appropriate textures — lamé, ornate beading, chiffon. Like Olivier Theyskens did with Theory, Cavalli executed here: making urban everyday wear just a bit more dressed up.
- Trends: beading, fringe, the dressy jacket, chiffon gowns.
- Colors: Peach, gold, baby blue, yellow.
- Key Look: A peach and gold pants/jacket combo, the baby blue beaded jacket.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who love effortless day-to-night transition wear with some glam thrown in: think Rihanna or Kate Moss.
Missoni delivered its trademark color and prints for Spring 2012; this time with textural intrigue, giving way to ruffles, fringe, and tassels adorning knit dresses layered over tailored suit separates. The changes and updates to Missoni's zigzagged knits, on their own, don't feel that dramatic; but in viewing the collection as a whole the evolution is clear. Brown fringe and looser, more abstract prints feel less typical of the brand, and a touch more exotic. Ruffles on asymmetrical dresses, blouses, and even, suiting feels Flamenco-inspired and beautifully femme.
- Trends: Ruffles, fringe, brights, sheer.
- Colors: Yellow, blue, fuchsia, orange, brown.
- Accessories: Gold chain and fringed necklaces, charm and chain necklaces and earrings, zigzagged knit bags and clutches, fans.
- Key Look: A pink and yellow zigzag print knit dress layered over a bright yellow suit.
- Who Would Wear It: Sexy boho types; Margherita Missoni
Bottega Veneta's Tomas Maier debuted a Spring 2012 collection that focused heavily on color and texture — and we're not complaining. Goddess gowns of billowy chiffon appeared in jeweled hues of purple, ruby, and rust, and cocktail dresses had geometric embellishment that gave them a slightly tribal feel. There were draping and pleating done in ways to give the clothes volume without sacrificing the most important element of warm-weather dressing: breeziness. Finally, this is Bottega, so we expect a fine showing of accessories. For next season, expect a continuation of exotic skins like lizard, ostrich, and crocodile, but with treatments and embellishments to take them to the next standard of luxury.
- Trends: pleats, tribal, fringe, rich color.
- Colors: Emerald, purple, orange, ruby.
- Key Look: An emerald green pleated dress; the red embellished dress, the chiffon goddess gowns.
- Accessories: Exotic skin bags in ostrich, crocodile, and lizard.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave luxury, polish, with a touch of modern eclectic — this could be anyone from Kate Bosworth to Julianne Moore.
Between the Emmys, the end of London — and the beginning of Milan — Fashion Week, if you've missed a moment, you've missed a lot this week. And, really, that's only the beginning. Between the runway shows and the red-carpet glamour, we're on the hunt for the best in Fall shopping, breaking down the Spring '12 trends, and keeping up to date with any fashionable celebrity happening, like, for instance Nicole Richie's 30th birthday. Click through to shop, peruse the news, and get all caught up right here.