It's the last day to enter our giveaway! Fall shopping is in full swing, we're changing up our wardrobes, and our sixth sense for those covetable must-have items is sharper than ever. We're craving glamour for Fall, via a lace dress, embellished purse, and the season's most indulgent fabric: velvet. On the flip side, we're catering to our more casual, edgy-cool side for pieces that will carry us through the everyday — an insanely cozy Helmut Lang sweater, snakeprint oxfords, a unique bracelet, and just about the coolest investment piece we've seen: Thakoon's oversize tweed vest for layering and statement-making. Click our editor's picks to see what we can't live without this September. Then, at the end, vote on your favorite to be entered to win a selection of our September must haves plus a selection of monthly favorites from other PopSugar sites. The giveaway ends TODAY, Sept. 30 at 11:59 p.m. PDT, so don't procrastinate! Get detailed rules and start voting.
Posts for September 2011
Stars literally sparkled from LA to New York to Paris, where the onset of fashion week brought out a particularly high dose of total glamour. Among the standouts, we spotted Bar Rafaeli glowing in a cutout gown, Margherita showing off Missoni's signature sequins and color, and Crystal Renn — who literally made our jaws drop — in a slinky gold Zac Posen. Of course, there are more inspiring style moments inside — we're looking at you, Miranda Kerr. Click through for Miranda's standout street style in Paris, Kate Bosworth's perfect Fall denim and loafers, and lots more of our fashionable favorites.
We're smitten with Jordana Brewster's bold polka dots — but even aside from the adorable Madewell sweater, the actress outfits a look that just begs to be worn on a crisp Fall day. It's an effortless mix of comfort and style, thanks to her printed top, relaxed denim, and a pair of walkable — and totally on trend — Tory Burch booties. To finish, she adds a pair of impeccably cool gold-tipped shades and a trusty leather tote. The results make for one of the chicest casual looks we've ever, ahem, spotted. Just shop our picks to channel the same pulled-together street style.
With a boxy bag in tow, Fab reader noreese gave her look a ladylike spin. Starting with a silk blouse and easy trousers, she complements with a pair of sandals and shades — then surprises with a sophisticated, boxy satchel, proving that sometimes all it takes is one chic accessory to change up your look.
Congrats to noreese!
Everyone else, submit your looks, and we might feature you on FabSugar!
We all have different relationships with our hair. Whether the two of you are friends or foe, we all could use a little nourishment. Is it too dry and unpredictable, or does it become rough and frizzy? Can it even indicate the level of humidity outside? Since Dove Hair knows your hair can have a mind of its own, it is hosting the "Make Friends with Your Hair" contest to help you transform your look! Enter the contest and tell Dove Hair about your unpredictable relationship with your hair by bringing it to life in a creative video. Your video could land you the chance to star in a Dove Hair TV ad, plus a VIP trip to NYC and hair transformation from celeb stylist Mark Townsend! Enter now and be sure to use Dove Nourishing Oil Care to stay on good terms with your hair.
- Buzz backtrack: the best and worst of September entertainment
- How-to: fix errors on your credit report
- Video: Ashton Kutcher speaks out amid rumors of a split with Demi Moore
- Paris Fashion Week: amazing street style shots
- Which celebrity has your design style?
- Try a tasty new recipe next time you tailgate
- Now you too can have lips like Kourtney Kardashian
- Get fruity: snacks under 200 calories
- Silly goose! See cute photos of majestic geese
- Cable companies may offer à la carte freedom
- Movie boyfriends not worth a second chance
- Prince William wraps up a mission to open the Oak Center For Children with Kate
- PopSugar Chicago: 5 best spots to go apple picking this Fall
- Fall foods the kids will love
“I always resented the idea of radical silhouettes or exaggeration being confined to the runway,” said Owens, when describing his Spring collection. “That kind of extremity should be accessible all day long.” That said, wearability was key for Owens, as seen through the simple cotton and leather fabrics he juxtaposed into a '60s couture-inspired line. Long, lean pillar skirts were the focal point, paired with a range of structured and voluminous tops. Most notably were the array of modern patchwork jackets and exaggerated bell-sleeved renditions. Meanwhile, flowy draped skirts and intricately ruched gowns provided a softer touch to the collection. The color palette stayed true to his aesthetic, featuring predominately black, white, and gray hues, but there was also experimentation with a warm clay hue. “There’s no irony," said Owens. "It’s not particularly witty. There’s no menace. This time, it’s really pure, simple grace.” More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Minimalism, pillar skirts, draped skirts, patchwork jackets, volume.
- Colors: Black, white, gray, clay.
- Key Look: The patchwork jackets with bell sleeves and pillar skirts.
- Accessories: Minimal platform sandals.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave strong, yet minimal looks.
All the romance and delicacy of Nina Ricci was present for Spring 2012, with a healthy dose of overt flirtation added in. Slim dresses were dolled up with soft ruffles, drape, and pretty florals; floaty peplum tops, peeking from tailored cropped jackets, danced above miniskirts; and then there was lingerie. Designer Peter Copping had played with lingerie themes in his Resort collection; here it was taken a new level: models walked the runway in pretty bras, some underneath jackets, others simply with a swingy skirt. Slipdresses of silk and lace seemed cut apart and stitched back together. It was playful and seductive, but most importantly it was pretty.
- Trends: ladylike, boudoir, lingerie, florals.
- Colors: pink, white, black, lavender, blue.
- Key Look: the lace and silk slipdresses, the floral prints that came from the Nina Ricci archive.
- Accessories: minimal platform sandals, stilettos.
- Who Would Wear It: feminine, polished girls — Cameron Diaz, Nicole Kidman, Jen Aniston.