- Wedding style inspiration from Beyoncé, Britney, and more!
- Video: go behind the scenes of Vanity Fair's gorgeous Hollywood Issue!
- Game on: healthy Super Bowl chili recipes
- Get your craft on! Fun Valentine's Day projects for tiny tots
- How well do you know your Fashion Week catwalkers?
- Try an Italian dish for your next cozy Winter meal
- Video: Find out why you'll fall in love with facial oils
- Kristen Stewart dons a ballgown for her chicest shoot yet
- Turn your home storage into fine design
- Recap the best and worst of January entertainment
- 5 ideas to increase your income this year
- Super Bowl bites for your four-legged friends
- 32 cases to spice up your iPhone's routine
- Stock up on Winter Kate must haves before they disappear!
Posts for January 2012
With New York Fashion Week only a couple of weeks away, we're admittedly preoccupied with what we'll be wearing. Sure, the runways take center stage, but killer street style is half the fun. To that end, we're handpicking our favorite pieces to pack for the action because you never know when you might get snapped. Here's a little fodder for your outfit planning and a peek at the essentials we'll be packing this season:
- Keep your outerwear functional and stylish by investing in a go-with-anything anorak. A piece like this transitions seamlessly from day to night and pairs well with just about everything, trust us.
- Look for added luxe in a great pair of earrings. High necklines and layers might cover up a pretty necklace, but a gorgeous pair of drop earrings will lend a glam touch that won't get lost in your look.
- Ditch your blue jeans in favor of slick leather. A pair of leather pants looks infinitely more polished than your faded denim — think of this as your Fashion Week basic, then add on your cozy knits to contrast.
- As far as footwear is concerned, keep it practical. A pair of strappy heels might look great, but chances are you'll be pretty chilly. Swap out stilettos for a bootie with a substantial block heel or a walkable platform. Keep a cool loafer or oxford on hand for staying stylish on the run.
From the runways to real life, polka dots have been spotted all around the globe. The latest destination is London, where British singer Pixie Lott chose to sexy up the usually playful print with a peekaboo ASOS maxi skirt. Her leather jacket, chunky black ankle boots, and cross necklaces bring edge to her fiery look. Whether you're donning a speckled sweater, dress, or hat, dots inject major flair into any ensemble. They're an easy trend to work into your everyday wardrobe, and Pixie proves that they don't necessarily have to look innocent.
There's a reason why everyone loves Glee's Naya Rivera. The Puerto Rican, African American, and German beauty plays the role of the tough girl — causing drama in her inner circle and sleeping with Rachel's boyfriend are just the tip of the iceberg in her role as Santana Lopez. However, it's her red-carpet style that we're highlighting today. Over the past few years, the actress has upped her style IQ in an array of sexy minis, chic cocktail dresses, and elegant gowns for all of her premiere and award season appearances on the red carpet. Want to see her transformation over the years? Just click the slideshow to see Naya and all of her standout red-carpet looks now.
Reese Witherspoon is busy overseas promoting her new movie This Means War alongside her dapper costars, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy, and she looked lovely in Louis Vuitton while doing so. Reese selected a moody black and green sparkly number for the premiere, which she complemented with classic black pumps. Watch today's Fab Flash to see Reese shine. On Allison: Topshop blouse, Stella & Dot necklace.
Unless you've been in hardcore hibernation, you know that Kate Bosworth has been creating jewelry with stylist pal Cher Coulter for over a year now. Their vintage-inspired, trend-conscious pieces for JewelMint are not only breathtakingly beautiful, but only $29.99 each! It would be silly not to partake. At a recent JewelMint press breakfast at LA's Soho House, where JewelMint's new short films were revealed for the first time, we caught up with Kate — clad in Altuzarra and Jimmy Choo — and asked her about her jewelry personality and personal style. To find out what the darling actress-slash-designer told us, and to shop her essentials, step right in.
Carey Mulligan has a master way of mixing ladylike with boyish without looking like she tried too hard, and her latest ensemble in Sydney follows that rule to a T. The actress sported a mustard blouse, which she tied at the bottom, with navy trouser pants that are relaxed and dressy at the same time. Her Tory Burch loafers — here's a similar, less-expensive alternative — take the look to a preppy place, but she still manages to look cool. For a more resort-like feel, ditch the loafers for a pair of espadrilles, or to winterize the look, throw on a pair of gray lace-up booties and a gray peacoat.
Fashion Week is on the horizon, and designers, celebrities, and models alike are scurrying to secure final details and schedules. We, on the other hand, are looking to test our skills when it comes to some of the more prominent runway stars — and we're inviting you to do the same. How well do you know your Fashion Week catwalkers? Take our quiz to find out now.