- Fashionable workout essentials to keep you motivated
- 20 items to make on your own this year
- January's most charming new nail polishes
- Tale as old as time: Beauty and the Beast's history
- Bow-tastic! How to throw a Minnie Mouse-themed birthday bash
- Check out the complete Jason Wu for Target collection!
- Organize your bedroom in the new year with these helpful tips
- Gossip Girl sneak peek: see Blair's royal wedding album!
- Savvy tip: create a yearly bucket list
- George Clooney shares a sweet story about his dog, Einstein
- Ooh la la: get excited for the HP Envy 14 Spectre
- One reader gives a gastronomic review of the Seattle food scene
- Video: Angelina says she's "proud" of Brad whether or not he wins an award
- Look back at People's Choice highlights with Aniston, Cruise, and more!
Posts for January 10th 2012
We love how January fashion shows a mix of pieces you can wear now and later into the season once the weather warms up. Anthropologie is on board with the concept in its new January catalog, highlighting (the cutest) polka-dot rain jacket, macramé dresses, and pretty blouses. Check out the slideshow to see our favorite looks from the catalog, along with quick and easy styling tips to breathe new life back into your wardrobe. With just a few key layering pieces, maybe you can wear that cute printed dress in the Winter.
Don't think a cleanser can go beyond the basics? Carrie Underwood begs to differ. Olay 2-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths thoroughly cleanse skin deep down to the pore, removing dirt, oil, and makeup — even your super-duty-waterproof mascara. Don't believe it?
Take it from Carrie:
"It's hard to find eye makeup remover that doesn't burn your eyes. The Daily Facials don't burn anything and take off all of the layers of makeup I've managed to put on my face for concerts."
So take off your makeup each night by combining soap-free cleansers and conditioners infused with beta hydroxyl that go beyond basic cleansing to gently exfoliate and condition skin with essential Olay moisture (score!).
Angelina Jolie stylishly stepped out for the New York Film Critics Circle Awards yesterday evening in an effortlessly elegant ensemble. Donning head-to-toe Ferragamo for the occasion, she toughened up a pretty blouse with a leather pencil skirt and added a personal touch via an emerald pendant necklace. This get-up is perfect for dinner or drinks, so today we're going to show you how to re-create this polished look. On Allison: Topshop jacket, J.Crew top, Lia Sophia necklace.
Just because it's cold outside doesn't mean you can't take matters into your own hands — heat up your look with some seriously bright hues. By breathing new life into well-loved clothing items, you don't have to worry about breaking the bank to fulfill your styling needs. Today's 60-second revamp? Bring back Summer's colors, but give it a Winter whirl: don neon jeans for a seasonal pop.
- Channel an unexpected polished vibe with these vibrant tones. Wear a neutral cable-knit sweater over a collared shirt, and for bonus points, add a diamante choker, too. Or pair your colorful jeans with a nautical-inspired blazer. You can play up multiple style personalities in one go.
- Have fun with your shoe choice. Whether you throw on some equally wild pumps or opt for a knee-high boot, a bright pant will complement even the boldest accessories.
- Since your jeans are a big statement all on their own, don't feel pressured to go overboard in other styling departments. Simple layers and subtle jewelry offer up a soft juxtaposition to their louder counterpart.
At the Critics Circle Awards in NYC, Angelina Jolie put a chic spin on the leather trend, pairing a silk blouse with a leather pencil skirt, both by Ferragamo. Her black patent pumps and matching clutch were the perfect finishing touches to her sleek style. The entire look was flawless, but our favorite piece was her emerald pendant necklace. Shop like items here to re-create this understated ensemble.
When you're getting ravaged by wind, rain, and even snow, it can be difficult to keep fashion as your top priority. You need to focus on layering up and staying warm — and in some cases, your feet are all you can see! Lucky for all of us, there are some great shoes out there that seamlessly blend polish and practicality — all while keeping your feet protected from the elements. We've rounded up 10 cool, functional Winter shoes that are still the utmost in style, so put your best foot forward and click through to see and shop them now.
Cute couple alert! Emma Stone snuggled up to boyfriend Andrew Garfield in NYC bundled in solid staples while toting a chic Lanvin bag. The red-hot siren paired a simple white tee with red J Brand jeans and topped it off with a long black peacoat. Her striped Rag and Bone scarf, patent black flats, and two-tone fedora pulled the whole look together. Get Emma's exact skinnies, scarf, and bag to help you snag a superhero of your own.