- Fit's getting in shape with running snowshoes and new activewear
- Yum's cooking up homemade waffles and fresh baked baguettes
- Bella's resolving to get rid of flaky skin and under-eye circles
- Tres can't put down The Accidental Feminist and Girl Land
- Fab's feeling asymmetrical hemlines, neon, and leather accents
- Lil's lusting for designer crib sheets and bright booster seats
- Casa's updating interiors with bright tile and artful pieces
- Buzz is saying hello to midseason replacements and farewell to Chuck
- Savvy's setting their spending goals and checking their credit reports
- Geek's going gaga for camera gear and fitness trackers
Posts for January 3rd 2012
With New Year's resolutions made, we've culled a fresh batch of street snaps to inspire your style sense and help meet your goals. These 15 stylers offer every iteration of seasonal fashion — from the ultimate in bundled-up ensembles to the lightly layered and utterly cool. Sometimes all it takes is a little stylish influence to get you back on track — click through for all the snaps, then get in gear with your own Winter wardrobe.
What better way to ring in the New Year than with a tropical vacation? Celebrities like Jessica Alba, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Elle Macpherson all ditched the cold and slipped into some super cute swimwear to celebrate 2012. We're totally inspired by Jessica Alba's hot pink suit and post-pregnancy bod. Watch to see all three of these cute suits. On Allison: StyleMint top, Topshop jacket.
Your 2012 mantra may be "out with the old, in with the new," but we think there's something to be said for recycled treasures. Case in point: today's one-minute makeover pulls from what you already have in the back of your closet and breathes new life into a tried-and-true wardrobe piece. We're feeling the (faux) fur vibe, so if you've got it, flaunt it: style yourself with a flash of fur.
- Don't just opt for a traditional fur coat — get creative with trapper hats, plush collars, vests, and subtle lining.
- Add texture to any ensemble instantly. The natural color variations of fur — black, brown, gray, white, and more — make for a dynamic burst of movement and layering. Try a long fur vest with a button-up top, cable-knit sweater, and dark skinny jeans for an updated silhouette.
- By injecting a bit of fur into your look, you've upped your glam factor a couple notches. The luxe material is an easy way to dress up a daytime look or transform a pretty evening ensemble into old Hollywood red-carpet-worthy.
- Bottom line: it's cold outside and a little fur can go a long way. Cozy up with a faux fur jacket, a colorful fur cossack, or a pair of fur-lined mittens. Any way you spin it, this furry tip will help you survive the Winter months.
Spring '12 is filled with a range of bold trends to try out this coming season, but sometimes, the designers make it look a lot easier to wear them on the runway than the streets. To make your life easier, we culled five chic and wearable trends for you to breathe new life into your wardrobe. First up are peplum details; this embellishment is not only flattering, but also adds just the right amount of femininity to just about any look. Just click the slideshow to see more easy Spring trends and how you can easily translate them into your current style profile.
Kourtney Kardashian showed a lot of leg in a sequin Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress while celebrating the new year with a dapper Scott Disick at Chateau Nightclub in Las Vegas. The pint-sized fashionista styled her gorgeous gown with sky-high Christian Louboutin pumps and a Judith Leiber clutch. Shop the look here.
When in doubt, opt for a classic pointy-toe pump. The elongated silhouette lends a bold shape to any outfit — casual or formal — and there's plenty of room for playful detailing. Whether it be via exotic textiles, wild hues, or edgy embellishments, we've spotted a handful of stylish pointy-toe pump renditions on the red carpet. Most recently, Rihanna rang in the New Year in black pointy pumps and a keyhole cutout Tom Ford creation; Hilary Rhoda donned downtown cool layers and leopard-print pants to offset a classic pair of black heels; and Camilla Belle went glam in a silver sequined and fringed Salvatore Ferragamo dress and matching two-tone pumps. For more celeb-inspired ways to wear them, keep clicking — and don't forget to shop our editors' picks at the end of the slideshow.
Sienna Miller donned suede and fur while strolling arm in arm with Tom Sturridge in Paris. Sienna paired her dark denim skinnies with a fur-trimmed toggle jacket, double wrap scarf, and warm hat. Her red Rag and Bone booties and suede Louis Vuitton tote completed her shopping style perfectly. Snag these rockin' boots with other like items now.