- Books to read in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Our favorites from the New York City Wine & Food Festival
- All the pictures of Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's PDA reunion
- Ways to wear something blue this fall
- Play kits for imaginative kids
- A guide to Temperley's Spring '13 bridal collection
- Versatile carafes for every sipping style
- See pictures of American Horror Story season two
- Video: Top pop-culture Halloween costumes — Fifty Shades, Game of Thrones, and more
- Sweet candy dishes for the office
- How to put the fun in running
- CelebStyle: Katy Perry works two fab looks for her NYC date with John Mayer
- Handmade heaven: Etsy launches gift cards
- Cozy pet sweaters to usher in the Autumn elements
- Affordable bags to carry for Fall
Posts for October 17th 2012
Lauren Conrad has already penned one book series, L.A. Candy, and now she's on to the next one, releasing the second book in The Fame Game series called Starstruck. To kick off her book tour, she stepped out in a cheery yellow dress by Yoana Baraschi with nude Aldo heels. Watch now to hear all the details on her look, and find out more about Lauren's busy schedule! On Allison McNamara: Theyskens' Theory jacket, Banana Republic top, Elizabeth and James earrings. Hair and makeup by Kasia Bohos. On Kirbie Johnson: Top by Closed.
Winter wedding season is here, and to help you avoid that last-minute "what do I wear?!" panic, we chose 21 dresses that are perfect for every type of wedding. Better yet, we've got every budget covered, from super luxe to amazing under-$125 finds. So what do you wear to a Winter wedding? Think jewel tones, brocades, moody floral prints, and rich textures for a seasonally appropriate and festive look. However, it's important to not go overboard on the sequins and shimmer (save those dresses for the holiday party), and make sure you complete the look with the right coat or jacket. Remember, nothing looks worse than pairing a puffer with a black evening gown. Read below for more styling tips, then shop all of our guest dress picks in the slideshow now.
Winter Wedding Styling Tips:
- Outerwear: How to stay warm and stylish in your Winter wedding guest ensemble? Finish off your look with a fur chubby or capelet. Drape it over your shoulders for a polished look, and complete the outfit with antique-inspired jewels. If you're looking for a more modern appeal, opt for a tailored tuxedo blazer and architectural accompaniments.
- Footwear: Instead of open-toe sandals, we love the idea of pairing dresses with ladylike pumps. Leather pumps are a timeless choice, while satin and silk pairs emote a more festive tone.
- Accessories: Tights are a necessary accessory depending on where you live, but instead of a solid dark opaque pair, opt for a sheer black panty hose instead. The results? A slightly seductive yet season-appropriate look.
Colorblocking vibrant hues has been on the rise, and our latest color-combo obsession comes courtesy of Elisha Cuthbert. The actress wore a chic Anna Catherine navy silk sleeveless shirtdress with fuchsia pumps and matching earrings at an event in LA. She finished off with a couple bangles and light blue nails. You can re-create Elisha's fabulous color mix via this navy Equipment shirtdress ($308) with these fuchsia Ash pumps ($93, originally $108). You can also pair a fuchsia blouse with a navy skirt or pants or a navy blazer over a fuchsia dress.
Kate Winslet was all business, working a black-on-black ensemble with a white contrast-trim Helmut Lang blazer on her way to a meeting in London. The actress's monochromatic look — black blouse, matching skinny jeans, and pointed leather boots — was the perfect canvas to make her sleek white topper pop. Oversize gradient sunglasses, a beige leather shoulder bag, and a few gold accessories completed Kate's latest London look. Work this almost-identical contrast-trim Tobi blazer ($80) with a black top, black skinny jeans, and leather ankle boots to nail Kate's streamlined style.
We don't need glasses to see how amazing Victoria Beckham looks in the cover shoot for French Elle, which she shot with Karl Lagerfeld on the iconic Chanel staircase at 31 Rue Cambon in Paris. Victoria shared some shots on her Twitter page, calling the shoot "a dream come true." From the looks of it, the cover will be minimal, with Victoria donning hot pants, heels, and glasses from her new optical line. It's sexy secretary to the max.
The eyewear collection, which is slated to hit stores in January 2013, came out of Victoria's own need to wear glasses — she's nearsighted and talked about having a hard time finding flattering frames in a recent interview with WWD. Not only are we excited to see the six-piece collection (a collaboration with Cutler and Gross) next year, we also can't wait to see more gorgeous photos from Victoria's Parisian-inspired shoot. Click through to see the images now.
Katy Perry and John Mayer had a day-and-night date in NYC, and for the special outings, Katy wore two equally chic looks that are easy to re-create. During the day, the singer styled this sweater-sleeved Free People denim jacket ($198) with neutral basics and a black Panama hat. Then at night, she channeled her inner glamour girl, working a floral sheath dress with yellow Charlotte Olympia ankle-strap pumps and a yellow chain-strap bag. Get a closer look at Katy's NYC styles, then shop her looks for yourself.