- Healthy pumpkin recipes that'll give you a taste of Autumn
- Silky tops to dress up your Fall style
- Beer tasting for beginners
- See Jennifer Aniston's huge engagement ring
- Does trimming your hair make it grow?
- What we might expect from Lena Dunham's upcoming book
- Solve your maternity clothing crisis with MoM's chic Fall line
- Adventurous design for every budget at the Lloyd Hotel
- See tons of pictures from Happy Endings season three
- Video: Katie Cassidy says she hopes to "kick some ass" in Arrow
- Get in the spooky spirit with a look at the most haunted places in the US
- CelebStyle: Jessica Biel doubles up on leather jackets for two Parisian-chic looks
- Sprint offers vanity cell phone numbers
- Mythbusting realities about shelter dogs
- Take a walk on the wild side in printed leggings
Posts for October 8th 2012
Kate Middleton is testing out Fall's must-have color trend: burgundy! The Duchess of Cambridge stepped out alongside Prince William at the Middle Temple Treasury, where they launched a program for law students from disadvantaged backgrounds, and Kate styled up a gorgeous bordeaux skirt suit for the occasion. She made this jacket and skirt number by Paule Ka even more Fall-appropriate by styling it with black tights and suede heels. Watch today's Fab Flash for all the details. On Allison McNamara: H&M top and necklace.
Herbal Essences celebrity stylist Charles Baker Strahan shows how to get the "Honey Bun," a look inspired by Nicole Scherzinger’s hairstyle from her latest commercials and print ads with Herbal Essences. It's a fun twist on a top knot.
Do you dare to repair? Get 10x stronger* hair in just one wash with the Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong hair care collection. This formula coats each hair strand to help repair the protective outer layer and provide strength against future damage.
*strength against damage vs. nonconditioning shampoo
When your day revolves around online shopping — rifling through the virtual racks, checking out the latest collections, styling the latest trends — it's impossible not to actually shop when your job depends on knowing what's what in fashion. Naturally talk at Fab quickly turns to what everyone's been shopping (especially when the purchaser shows up to work with her new piece). Lately, that's high-tops. From style director Noria Morales's sweet white Isabel Marant lace-ups (a recent acquisition from Paris Fashion Week) to associate editor Chi Chau's Marant high-top addiction, this season's obsession with sneakers has spread to Fab HQ. If you're on the fence, here's what made us high-tops fans: first, models, fashion insiders, and celebrities showed off designer iterations of the old-school favorite with a fresh twist, and now classics like Nike are giving their versions a stylish update with Liberty florals and colorful finishes. The best part? These kicks are as comfortable as they are cool (if you can wear them at Fashion Week, you can wear them anywhere), and they're the perfect alternative to Fall ankle boots. Click below to shop the ones we're loving right now.From top left: Isabel Marant Betty Leather and Suede Wedge Sneakers ($665), Nike Dunk Sky High Liberty Hidden Wedge Sneakers ($135)
Jessica Biel has been taking the fashion world by storm and on a recent trip to Paris the actress donned not one, but two, noteworthy ensembles that are trés chic. Jessica mixed textures and proportions in a black-on-black number complete with a staple Chanel bag while arriving at her hotel, then later that day the fashionista went rock-chic in a studded Isabel Marant ensemble — red leather jacket, sheer embellished blouse, and black leather pants. While each look was stylish in its own right, they both shared one Fall essential piece, an edgy leather jacket. Get a closer look at Jessica's across-the-pond style, then shop each look for yourself.
Gwen Stefani has the fashion chops to pull off any look, from red-carpet goddess to punk-chic icon, this style chameleon turns heads in whatever she wears, and her latest West Hollywood look didn't disappoint. The blond stunner styled a black-and-white sheer-back sleeveless top with distressed Levi's boyfriend jeans and gray suede ankle boots, mixing trends, fabrics, and proportions like only she can. Our favorite fashionista finished off her party style with a white leather Chanel tote, embellished belt, and bevy of silver accessories. Take a cue from Gwen and dress up your boyfriend jeans with a sweet-cum-sexy sheer-back top, suede ankle boots, and a classic leather tote.
What is it about leopard print that always looks instantly fabulous? No matter how you wear it, the pattern always manages to look cool and edgy — and it's one of the easiest ways to spice up your Fall ensemble. As you can see from these chic street stylers, leopard print can be donned in small or large doses, so whether you play it safe with a scarf or clutch, or go all out in a printed coat or top, there's really no wrong way to rock these spots.
- To achieve a laid-back leopard look, adjust your thinking: once you start to consider leopard print as a neutral, it will be infinitely easy to inject it into your current wardrobe. Start mixing your leopard pieces like you would anything else — a leopard scarf with a striped tee, spotted heels with floral pants, etc. It will look cool, hip, and totally effortless.
- A high-impact way to make your leopard print pieces feel fresh for Fall is to put them against a basic color palette. We love the look of an LBD topped with a leopard coat, and conversely, a leopard-print dress looks sleek and modern with a pair of red shoes or cinched at the waist with an emerald-hued belt.
- One of our favorites ways to get a jolt of leopard in a pinch is with a pair of printed shoes. A chic pair of flats — like Gap's Calf Hair Ballet Flats ($50) — is a simple way to get in on the trend, and makes a t-shirt and jeans look infinitely cooler.
For more ways to amp up your look in one minute, just click here.
Sometimes all it takes is the perfect weekend equation to bring about a veritable parade of covet-worthy dresses. Case in point: the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic in LA inspired more than a few starlets to come to the polo field wearing their Saturday best. Mandy Moore's purple Lela Rose number catered to Fall's textural intrigue, Ashley Greene showed off a sexier bondage-infused side in an Antonio Berardi LWD, Alessandra Ambrosio's colorfully pleated BCBG maxi dress reminded us there's always a way to keep Summer's softer side intact, and Lauren Conrad, in her own Paper Crown design, proved that polka dots can be totally chic, too. Beyond that we've got an enviable lineup not to be missed courtesy of Ashley Madekwe, Rachel Zoe, Selma Blair, Ali Larter, and more. Click on for the complete star-studded fashion rundown from the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic.
Taylor Swift was all smiles in a blue plaid button-down, knee-patch Ralph Lauren riding pants ($290), and her staple Mark Cross satchel ($2,350) while leaving her hotel in London. The blond beauty has always been privy to smart styles, but recently perfectly preppy ensembles, like this colorblocking number complete with a strand of pearls, have become her style go-to. Taylor completed her school-girl-gone-cool look with blue leather oxfords, a no-fuss updo, and au naturel makeup. Nail her well-groomed London look by pairing her exact pants and bag with a blue plaid button-down and matching brogues for a lunch date with friends.