- Unlikely but adorable pet friendships
- Get perfect holiday waves in 10 minutes
- A healthy hors d'oeuvre alternative for the holidays
- Frequently asked questions about Kate Middleton's pregnancy
- The most stylish celebrity pregnancy moments of 2012
- How to become an online shopping pro
- Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, and more stars at the Les Misérables premiere
- Favorite moments from the modernism project photo challenge
- Try a new twist on your recipe for latkes
- Who is the best TV villain of 2012?
- Affordable DIY holiday decorations
- Add Nina Dobrev's red toggle coat to your Winter wardrobe
- Why the Gmail update for iOS is pretty fantastic
- Go neutral with your Winter makeup
- Suburgatory's Carly Chaikin talks about going blond for the role
Posts for December 5th 2012
Marie Claire took "ladies who lunch" one step further, playing host to a Hollywood dinner that pulled in quite the A-list set. Dressed in one of the chicest wrap skirt iterations we've seen in a while, Zoe Saldana wore a look from Bottega Veneta's Resort '13 collection, pairing it with Yves Saint Laurent pumps. This has "office sophisticate" written all over it. Also in the mix? A print-clad Elizabeth Olsen, Lea Michele in a non thigh-high slit ensemble (and we're loving it!), and a ruffled-up Olivia Munn. What we wouldn't give to be a fly on that wall . . . on second thought, we've got your insiders' head-to-toe look at the fashionable guests right this way. Be sure to tell us whose outfit you like best in the comments below!
Cyber Monday may be over, but the online holiday shopping madness hasn't even hit its tipping point. And while we don't doubt your prowess when it comes to snagging a great deal in 10 clicks or less, this is a special case of seasonal sale overload. Bottom line: we don't want you to miss a beat as you scour the web for gifts. So, consider this an early present from us to you — all the "best practice" tips you could ever want when it comes to online holiday shopping like a pro. Free shipping? Check. Promo codes at the ready? Done. The insider scoop on how to save big on your favorite sites? Yours for the taking. It's all here, trust us; just keep reading.
- Tuesday is the jam. For some reason, Tuesday seems to be the universal day that ecommerce sites post new sales and update their merchandise. And if you plan on scouring your favorite online destinations on Tuesday, start your clicking really early. Most sites post these discounts and goodies in the wee hours of the morning, so your best bet has everything to do with the saying, "the early bird gets the worm."
- Promo codes are your best friend. If you're really serious about online shopping (generally speaking) or you're just looking to score a great holiday deal, you should never be without a promo code. Quick ways to snag these discount-inducing passwords? Head to Retail Me Not for up-to-date coupon codes; do a general Google search for what you need (example: Shopbop discount code); or subscribe to your preferred brands and online retailers' emails for early access to sale promo codes. We've learned that Shopbop, ASOS, Net-A-Porter, and LOFT are great at notifying us with new discounts promptly.
- Know your free-shipping deadline. Mark it: Dec. 17 tends to be the last day most online retailers offer free shipping and guarantee it to arrive just in time for Christmas. Sure, you can spring for the more expensive same-day shipping if you're in a bind, but plan accordingly, free is always better.
- Addendum: you should never pay for shipping. Where there's a will, there's a way, and where shipping is concerned, you shouldn't have to shell out. This means you'll have to do some extra digging, but if you follow our promo-code tip, you'll most likely come across a coupon that will give you the gift of free shipping.
You know it's going to be a good day when you kick it off with a glamorous Hollywood breakfast. This chic crew of style setters gathered in Beverly Hills for The Hollywood Reporter’s Power 100: Women in Entertainment event this morning to celebrate the publication's annual list of the industry's most influential women. On the guest list? Favorites like Cat Deeley, Kerry Washington, Ashley Madekwe, and Elizabeth Banks, who all turned out their own respective takes on "ladies-who-lunch" ware. Cat opted for a classic white button-down and lean trousers; Kerry slipped into a statement making Carven fit-and-flare dress with (holiday-appropriate) red accents. Meanwhile, Ashley opted for a flirtier white minidress by BCBG and open-toed booties and Elizabeth proved that a well fitting LBD is always a do. Now it's time to cast your vote — which of the star's chic styles is your favorite?
Anne Hathaway hit the red carpet at the Les Misérables world premiere in London decked out in a gorgeous Givenchy Couture beaded gown. Nothing short of jaw-dropping, the dress featured intricate rhinestone embellishments, draped sleeves, and a skin-baring cutout back detail. With the light reflecting off her shimmery gown, Anne was literally shining. No doubt, it's a daring look, but we think she pulled it off. Her sleekly cropped 'do showed off the spiked halter strap detailing, and we loved how she opted for minimal accessories, allowing her dress to shine through. See every stunning angle — then tell us what you think in the comment section below.
Nina Dobrev's red toggle coat from American Eagle ($100, originally $130) rivaled her cheery demeanor while out shopping for Christmas trees with her boyfriend, Ian Somerhalder, in Atlanta. The actress's bundled look — festive coat, dark denim, and brown lace-up Charles David boots ($275, originally $395) — was perfect for a day of holiday errands. Score Nina's exact cozy and bold coat to pair with everything from denim and boots to skirts and ankle booties.
You don't have to be a bibliophile to appreciate these books. Who doesn't love a good read? Or at least a beautiful coffee-table book? If you're having trouble picking out gifts for your friends and family, consider getting them one of the latest and greatest fashion and art tomes. We've included something for everyone: the iconic Grace Coddington's own memoir, a little styling guide revealing the fashion secrets straight from Paris (perfect for any aspiring fashionista), an A to Z book for the art rookie, and more of our favorites that would make any recipient smile. Just step inside for way more awesome books even the non-bookworms will love.
Kim Kardashian may have donned this sassy black-and-white ensemble for a Miami lunch date with friends, but we think the chic leather and fringe combo is perfect for the holiday season. Kim layered a white fringe Marni top over a black pleated leather skirt, then slid on a pair of strappy python sandals to take her sexy style to new heights. She kept her accessories simple with a black box clutch, sleek ponytail, and natural makeup. Make a lasting impression at your holiday soiree by working a white fringe top with a black leather skirt and killer black sandals, then complete the look with a red-hot lip for added cheer.
When the Winter chill zaps out all of your styling inspiration, look no further than Poppy Delevingne for an instant pick-me-up. The jet-setting beauty was in Scotland for Chanel's Métiers d'Art collection Pre-Fall runway show — her gorgeous sister Cara walked the runway — looking sleek as ever in her Chanel (of course!) cold-weather getup. For an outfit that's both functional and chic, Poppy paired her long Chanel tweed coat with a luxuriously cozy fur cossack and lace-up boots. A gold embellished dress peeks underneath her warm outerwear, while a blue quilted Chanel clutch and fur lined leather gloves complete her look. It's easy to re-create this look for your next holiday party outing; just top off your party dress with a long Winter coat and tack on the stunning accessories — don't forget the bright red lip. Shop our editors' picks below to get the same look.
After spending the night with new beau Harry Styles at her hotel in NYC, Taylor Swift emerged looking adorable in a dark-red beanie and brown skinny corduroys. The singer completed her preppy style with a polka-dot sweater, topped over a peter pan collar blouse, a navy coat, black oxfords, and her go-to Beara Beara brown messenger bag. Mimic Taylor's latest style by sporting a knit beanie with a pair of skinny cords, then finishing off with a navy coat, menswear-inspired oxfords, and a leather messenger bag.