- 20 ways to save the date with your engagement shoot
- Get the secrets for model-perfect skin
- Is diet or exercise best for losing belly fat?
- Your ultimate field guide to Chinese dim sum
- Check out sweet new shoes for your soon-to-be walkers
- How to pull off the sheer trend like a pro
- Color palette: shades of style from J.Crew Fall 2012
- See the movie roles that made us fall for Reese Witherspoon
- The most beautiful travel adventures to take around the world
- Top dogs: breeds with a winning tradition at Westminster
- Inspiring Instagram accounts to start following
- Video: Reese Witherspoon laughs about her incarcerated cousins and Jim Toth's tumbles
- Angelina Jolie makes a floral statement at her Paris premiere
Posts for February 16th 2012
Ralph Lauren's Fall 2012 collection was an ode to English fashion, full of menswear and vintage glamour. Pieces we found especially delightful included a fuchsia satin gown, a gold-painted ostrich feather cape, and plenty of double-breasted herringbone jackets. Check out the full collection here!
Calvin Klein designer Francisco Costa showed pieces that prove you can be sexy without showing off absolutely everything — the designer sent loose, hourglass-shaped frocks and pleated pants down the runway, sticking to a chic, sensible color palette of black and off-white, with a few pops of red thrown in. The perfect wardrobe for working women — or the girl who wants to invest in one piece to wear forever — Costa's Fall collection was decidedly modern, with a hint of mystery and subtle seduction. Check out the full runway show here!
Considering this morning's news that Occupy Wall Street protesters were planning to shut down the show, it was nice to see that Calvin Klein's Fall runway presentation went off without a hitch. Francisco Costa showed pieces that prove you can be sexy without showing off absolutely everything — the designer sent loose, hourglass-shaped frocks and pleated pants down the runway, sticking to a chic, sensible color palette of black and off-white with a few pops of red thrown in. The perfect wardrobe for working women — or the girl who wants to invest in one piece to wear forever — Costa's Fall collection was decidedly modern, with a hint of mystery and subtle seduction. Get the breakdown below.
- Trends: Textured wool, leather panels, hourglass silhouettes.
- Colors: Black, bone, red.
- Key Piece: The poppy-hued, wool-mohair collarless coat cinched with a simple silver belt.
- Accessories: Modern, minimalistic waist belts; classic court shoes.
- Who Would Wear It: Feminine, minimalist types; Michelle Williams, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Rooney Mara (who sat front row).
Thanks to the Fall and Spring runways — not to mention a surge of street style — sheer fabrics are having a style moment. Since sheer means it's also practically see-through, the trend can be an intimidating one to try on your own. We're out to change all that with five easy ways to keep sheer sexy and cool — and never, umm, too transparent. Click through to see and shop our favorite ways to wear it — and, please, do try this at home.
Photo courtesy of Phil Oh
Light-colored clothing can be bland when paired with other neutrals, but during a recent night out in LA, Haylie Duff proved that fair hues can pack a punch when styled correctly. Instead of wearing the same-old-same black leather jacket, Haylie started with a soft pink leather jacket, which she paired over a silk gray blouse, black skinnies, and nude Christian Louboutin pumps. Her Balenciaga bag brought extra texture, while her gold link bracelet added a bit of bling. Rock a similar look for your next outing by layering a soft pink leather jacket — here's something faux for way less — over a neutral tank and skinny jeans.
Fashion month just got started but we've already spotted a burgeoning trend: blanket stripes. Designers like Michael Kors, Rag & Bone, and Richard Chai all used the rustic print on a bevy of silhouettes, ranging from cool caped ponchos to sleek suiting. We love this cozy, textural effect for winterwear and if you do too, check out the slideshow for more blanket stripe spotting on the runways at New York Fashion Week.
The always-stylish and wildly talented Elizabeth Olsen turns 23 today! Let's wish her a happy birthday by paying homage to her most outstanding ensembles. She has many, but there are five in particular that we are hardcore crushing on. And though some of them are many months old, her style is timeless enough to be mimicked now and all year. Click through to see how to re-create the birthday girl's five uniquely stunning looks.
Miranda Kerr was all smiles in a simple yet polished ensemble while out and about in Sydney. Her coral trousers and strappy nude sandals dressed up her basic white tee, while her emerald Bulgari bag — which we are lusting over — injected a pop of unexpected color. Celebs everywhere from Jessica Alba to Leighton Meester have been spotted totting this luxe bag, too. Channel your inner style icon and pair your favorite green purse with riding pants and a tee for the day, then throw on a plush fur vest for extra warmth at night. Score Miranda's exact bag, or get a similar but less expensive version here.