London Fashion Week is off to a good start; in addition to checking out the gorgeous runway collections, we're also spotting a bevy of celebrities making their mark on the stylish scene. Hollywood girls and fashion insiders, like Kate Moss, Rihanna, and Alexa Chung, all flocked to Stella McCartney's intimate Fall '12 dinner presentation — complete with a fashion flash mob — looking fresh and modern in their sleek and sexy attire. See who else attended the fashionable fête in the slideshow now, then check back later to see Stella McCartney's Fall '12 collection.
Posts for February 18th 2012
Temperley London's opulent Fall collection showed an array of beaded and silk gowns, gold lamé, and intricate embroidery. Inspired by the "sumptuous colors and decadent subjects of the religious paintings and tapestries" from the Renaissance, designer Alice Temperley created a decadent fairytale filled with grandeur and glamour. Adorned with luxe fur cossacks, models walked down the runway dressed in an array of long-sleeved floral and beaded gowns, some of which were Oscars-worthy contenders, in addition to shiny pant suits and full-skirted silhouettes. Standouts included an elegant black slitted gown with a draped back and the floral-patterned tops and dresses. Meanwhile, velvet separates and chic leather skirt suits provided a modern and textural twist to the line. More details from the beautiful collection below.
- Trends: Full skirts, gold lamé, florals.
- Colors: Black, gold, ivory, red, navy, blue, brown.
- Key Piece: The floral embellished pieces and silky black gown were the standout pieces.
- Accessories: Suede platform sandals and ankle boots, colorful jewelry, fur cossack hats.
- Who Would Wear It: Women looking for unique, yet polished look like Kate Middleton and Thandie Newton in addition to front row attendees Poppy Delevigne and Minnie Driver.
Moschino Cheap & Chic channeled some of the more notable psychedelic '60s styles with an updated twist. Our favorite in the mod mix? Patchwork lace — it looks way prettier than it sounds — was pieced together into long-sleeved blouses, pencil skirts, and one totally covetable cocktail dress. Pair that retro vibe with military-inspired accents and an overarching beauty motif, and you've got the brand's Fall '12 ethos in a nutshell. The blend of tougher outerwear with rainbow fur add-ons, brightly-hued quilted accessories, Audrey-Hepburn worthy flats, and Grandma's hand-crocheted squares artfully sewn into the bodices and shoulders of cozy toppers showed off a girl who's both flirty and strongwilled. To polish off the femme affair, Moschino sent out beauty-themed prints and cotton ball-cum-pom pom details, as if the contents of one's makeup bag had been splashed onto the front of a cute daytime sheath. Get the breakdown below.
- Trends: Patchwork lace, colorful crochet-enhanced sweaters, military-inspired silhouettes, pointed collars, and beauty-themed graphic prints.
- Colors: Orange, light pink, pale blue, beige, lime green, forest green, and lemon yellow.
- Key Piece: Patchwork lace pieced into pretty ladylike pieces, like the multicolored dress version.
- Accessories: Rainbow fur, pointy-toed flats, afghan appliqué, pom-pom details, satin headbands, and colorful quilted bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Front-row attendees Olivia Palermo and Alexa Chung and other quirky-minded fashionistas like Zooey Deschanel.
This week's fashion inspiration came from four ultra-stylish celebs making the rounds at New York Fashion Week and one effortlessly cool model keeping it fresh in Sydney. Each day, we gave you the outfit breakdown on each look with our editors' styling tricks and key pieces to shop, but now it's your turn to answer the style-setting questions. How well do you remember who they were and what they were all wearing — let's find out. Quiz time!
- Daphne Guinness reveals her plans for Isabella Blow's wardrobe — The Fash Pack
- Transform your look from sweet to edgy, like Rooney Mara — Beauty and the Budget
- Malin Akerman goes Valentine's Day-chic on the red carpet — The Fashionable Teacher
- Magdalena Frackowiak bathes in jewels for Vogue Paris — Sandi in the City
- The classic black blazer, under $100 — Cheap Chic Daily