- Hunger Games ideas for your wedding, bachelorette party, and bridal shower
- 11 geeky tees to rock this Spring
- Recipes to leap for this year
- Tips to save on early bird plane tickets
- Adorable dingo pups
- How the style pros rework their closet staples
- Video: Get Brooklyn Decker's bikini body with yoga
- Easy ways to keep mascara off your eyelids
- Get the most out of your maternity work wardrobe
- Tour a Bay Area artist's home and studio
- Watch the new Avengers trailer!
- How to deal with a sports injury
- Kristen Stewart jets to Paris for Fashion Week
- DIY succulent planters
Posts for February 29th 2012
Gwyneth Paltrow recently wore a smashing ensemble consisting of a black Boy. by Band of Outsiders jumpsuit — here's a similar one from Forever 21 — and a one-of-a-kind Loree Rodkin wing pendant. While we can't all have jewelry made specially for us, we can mimic Gwyneth's look by purchasing a ready-made wing necklace — there are so many fabulous ones in various price points. Like Gwyneth, you can rock your wing necklace with a plunging neckline, or for something more casual, throw it over a v-neck tee or sweater. If long necklaces aren't your thing, you can get a small wing necklace that sits closer to the neck for an everyday approach. If you love Gwyneth's wing necklace, shop our favorite alternatives below.
After a weekend of getting glam in Gucci at the Vanity Fair Oscar afterparty, we spotted Olivia Wilde out lunching with a friend in LA wearing a lovely, laid-back get-up. The Tron actress selected a breezy black and white chevron-striped Ella Moss maxi, which she expertly paired with a slim-fitting leather jacket and cool Converse. We think Olivia struck the perfect balance of casual polish, but what do you think of Olivia's look? See her entire outfit in today's Fab Flash! On Allison McNamara: StyleMint top.
For Rochas's Fall 2012 collection, Marco Zanini culled inspiration from the midcentury ceramics of Swedish artist Wilhelm Kåge, highlighting a range of colorful suits and separates. While the focus was on ladylike dressing, Zanini injected a quirky touch into every look, pairing printed tights with boucle coats, patterned pencil skirts, and the geek chic glasses to match. Highlights included the well-tailored suits and skirts; the latter featured a range of full and form-fitting shapes. For gowns, Zanini created decadent voluminous gowns made out of thick washed silks — we can totally picture celeb style setters like Tilda Swinton wearing one of those creations on the red carpet. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Printed suits, ladylike dressing.
- Colors: Blue, mustard yellow, purple, camel, lavender.
- Key Piece: The printed suit sets immediately caught our attention.
- Accessories: Printed tights, tribal necklaces, oxfords, shawl scarves, satchel bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave polished quirk, like front-row attendee Olivia Palermo, and Tilda Swinton.
- ShopStyle Mobile: We like to think of ShopStyle as our Google search engine for all things related to shopping, and it's not just because ShopStyle is a sister site in the Sugar Network! If you've ever wondered where we find all of those amazing shopping products for you, here it is. Not only does ShopStyle mobile cull clothing, shoes, and accessories from over 500 ecommerce sites — ranging from big retailers like Barneys to smaller boutiques — but this handy app also lets you put "sale alerts" on your favorite items and will let you know once the piece goes on sale. Pretty genius if you ask us.
- Vera Wang on Weddings: Planning a wedding? Let Vera Wang provide inspiration for your big day via photo galleries of cakes, flowers, and real weddings along with style boards where you can see Vera's take on different bridal styles. Additionally, you can load images in the app from your own photo library and insert them in your own interactive inspiration board and share them with friends and family.
It's a safe assumption that our favorite celebrities have some of the most enviable closets on the planet — but that's not to say that when a style setter finds an amazing piece she won't stick with it. With each of these celebrity looks there's one common denominator: we've seen one of the pieces before. Our favorite trendsetters, like Kate Bosworth, Alexa Chung, and Miranda Kerr, all make use of a few strategic outfit elements to perfect their signature style. Whether it's a killer pair of leather pants or an amazing pair of metallic heels, these celebs prove there's no shame in wearing them more than once. Click through to see how these style pros work their closet staples two ways — then shop the wardrobe essentials.
While spending quality time with Brad Pitt's mom and her twins in LA, Angelina Jolie sported an ensemble that's classic chic and far better suited for a boardroom than the streets. What we particularly admire here is how Angelina opted to not tie her tie-front Stella McCartney blouse, making it appear less stuffy, more effortless. She completed her sophisticated look with a black blazer, black pants, knee-high boots, a Ralph Lauren Bedford bag, and aviators. Next time you have an important business rendezvous, or are just looking for classic office wear, look to Angelina. Feel free to swap the pants for a pencil skirt if you want something more dressed up. Then to take this ensemble to afterwork territory, throw on a brown leather miniskirt or skinny jeans with booties.
As far as transitional looks go, Jessica Alba got it just right, topping her flares with a preppy-cool striped blazer for an event in LA. We love that this style setter's knack for outfitting street-chic translates so easily into our own wardrobes. This one's especially perfect for the change of seasons and walks that line between casual and sophisticated, thanks to easy separates with a dressier feel. A bow-tied blouse feels infinitely more polished than a basic white tee, tucked into a pair of high-waisted denim. Throw on a striped blazer like Jessica's and finish with a little arm candy and a pair of platform booties for a style you can take to the office and right out to dinner. Love the easy-chic feel? Shop our editors' picks to channel Jessica's style.
Now that all of the awards have been handed out, the real competition begins! We gathered the most glamourous, gorgeous, and daring looks from the 2012 Oscars red carpet and created a bracket game so you can help us pick the best dressed of the night — the winner will be announced this Friday.
Here's how it works: There are 64 stunning stars in the running, and we need your help to crown the winner. Start by clicking on the image above, and go through the first-round matchups by picking your favorite gown each time. Once you've done that, we'll take your favorites and pair them against each other. Continue to click on the best look until there is only one star left standing. At the end of the week, we'll tally up your votes and crown best dressed. Get started by voting for your favorites here!