- Yoga partner poses for lovers and friends
- The Victoria's Secret Angels share advice on dressing for Valentine's Day
- Nina, Ian, and Paul strip down for a steamy Vampire Diaries magazine shoot
- Drop a Valentine's Day hint by cooking up engagement chicken
- Rachel Zoe's hair and makeup guru Joey Maalouf answers your Twitter questions
- 11 quotes from Rick Santorum that are worrying for women
- The founder of NurturMe's tips for sneaking fruits and veggies into kids' food
- Made with love: last-minute Valentine's Day gifts from Etsy
- A sneak peek at Jeremy Renner taking over for Matt Damon in The Bourne Legacy
- Tax tips every newlywed should know
- How to build a winning online-dating profile
- Angelina and the kids touch down in Berlin
Posts for February 8th 2012
We always love a good airport-chic ensemble, and Victoria Beckham's outfit at LAX yesterday definitely made the cut. She opted for a short-sleeve maroon sweater by Miu Miu, which she paired with a navy plaid skirt. She polished it off with black tights, superhigh booties, and her daughter Harper Seven in her arms! Victoria made her way to NYC from LA to get ready to show two collections at Fashion Week, Victoria Beckham and Victoria Victoria Beckham. We can't wait to see what she puts on the catwalk for Fall 2012! On Allison McNamara: Isabel Marant sweater, Rebecca Taylor coat.
Not only did Molly Sims brighten up the red carpet at the NYC premiere of Safe House with her pregnant glow, but also via her red-and-pink BCBGMAXAZRIA maxi dress. The marriage of red and pink isn't entirely breaking news, but it is totally relevant at the moment since we're all trying to find the perfect Valentine's Day ensemble. One option is to buy a red-and-pink dress like Molly's, or you can re-create the look via separates. Tuck a pink tank into leather shorts or a skirt. Or what about a red top paired with pink denim? Tees, tanks, miniskirts, maxi skirts, pencil skirts, shorts, jeans . . . the combinations are truly endless, so play around. Then, when you've picked the perfect red-and-pink look, finish off with a black blazer and strappy sandals like Molly's Jimmy Choo pair ($750).
With New York Fashion Week starting today, we can only imagine the frenzy that comes in the weeks beforehand. If you've ever wondered how fashion insiders stay sane, beautiful, and calm during this hectic month (maybe they don't), listen up. We spoke to some of New York's most tenured about their Fashion Week essentials, beauty product go-tos, and, for our pure curiosity, their special hidden talents. Just click the slideshow to get up close and personal with Olivia Palermo, Rachel Roy, Rebecca Taylor, and more now.
Now that you're all caught up with This Means War's wardrobe stylist Sophie De Rakoff, it's time to get down to another very important matter: exactly what Reese Witherspoon wore in the flick, which comes out on Feb. 17. First, De Rakoff describes Reese's character Lauren's style as "sexy, chic, modern, and confident." That means she put Reese in only the most fabulous pieces from amazing designers like Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Ports 1961, Isabel Marant, The Row, Parker, Black Orchid, Theory, and way more. Before you hit the theaters next week, step inside to find out exactly what Reese wore in This Means War and how to re-create her onscreen looks for your offscreen life.
Derek Lam's new venture, 10 Crosby, has fulfilled its cool-girl status for Fall '12. The third collection from the line, 10 Crosby showed plenty of bold prints, sharp tailoring, and just the right amount of femininity to please every downtown girl. Inspired by the classic holiday flick Home Alone, Lam and design director Liz Giardina envisioned what the 10 Crosby girl would wear on a snowy Winter day. With that thought in mind, the two created silky printed palazzo pants, cozy peplum cardigans, fox-fur vests, and pajama-inspired tops tempered with tailored poplin shirt dresses and sharp trousers. We especially love the chambray shirt dress and chunky peplum cardigan combo. More defining moments below, then check out the complete collection lookbook, starring Belgian beauty Hanne Gaby Odiele.
- Trends: Bold prints, palazzo pants, sheer, plaid, peplum.
- Colors: Red, nude, gray, green, brown.
- Key Piece: We love the chic structured shirt dress and gray peplum sweater combination.
- Accessories: Loafers, ankle-strap sandals, pumps, skinny belts, sling-back platform mules.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who like polish with an edge like Olivia Palermo, Amanda Brooks, and Kate Bosworth.
It may have something to do with Michelle Williams's ladylike award-season looks or Jason Wu's adorable offerings for Target, but we've got pretty pieces, like sweet Peter Pan collars, on the brain. It's not just how darling they make us feel; admittedly, they're one of the easiest ways to freshen up our look in a flash. Swap out your tired tees and top any pair of denim, a favorite skirt, or even your working wear with one of these little standouts for an instant revamp. Click through to see and shop the ones we're loving right now.
Victoria Beckham and baby girl Harper donned matching tartan ensembles en route to NYC for Fashion Week. The posh mom styled a short-sleeve Miu Miu sweater with a Peter Pan collar over a tartan miniskirt. Opaque tights added to her schoolgirl style, while her suede Walter Steiger booties lent a touch of sophistication. We completed Victoria's edgy look with a rose-gold watch and a quilted shoulder bag. Mimic this trend by pairing your favorite plaid pieces, from blouses to pants, with a saturated solid to balance the look.
When it comes to Valentine's dressing, there are of course the cliches: minidresses and heels, red and pink, and some slinky lingerie. While we're all reaching for some unexpected twist on the look, a quick chat — even just a glimpse of the girls in body-con Hervé Léger — may just be the argument to embrace the super-sexy albeit more predictable wear. We caught up with the gorgeous Victoria's Secret ambassadors Doutzen Kroes, Lindsay Ellingson, and Adriana Lima to find out exactly how some of the sexiest women on the planet prep for Valentine's Day, and now, we're newly resolved to keep it just as uncomplicated. Read on for their tips to getting the look just right, then shop our picks to channel the bombshells' V-Day 101.
- Don't be afraid to wear red: "Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday so I love to get dressed up with a red dress, heels — the whole thing. I'm a little cheesy that way, but I love it." — Lindsay Ellingson
- Slip something sexy underneath: "Whatever I wear, I would wear something super sexy underneath, like a lace corset or a garter slip because just knowing you have it on makes you feel confident and sexy." — Doutzen Kroes
- There's nothing wrong with playing up your assets: "I haven't figured it all out yet, but it has to be something tight and sexy, like this [Hervé Léger bandage dress]." — Adriana Lima
Take a minute to digest the girls' get-sexy rules, then shop our picks to channel the same knockout style for your Valentine's date night.
From Isabel Marant's cool, colorful layers to Alexander Wang's perennial sporty-girl swagger, the runways were rife with easy, athletic pieces in hyperchromatic hues — playing the perfect juxtaposition for Spring's otherwise sweet, feminine fare. Fluid racerback tanks and bikini tops were paired under flouro mesh tees at Rag & Bone, and there was no shortage of slick, skintight knits on Wang's runway. It's a youthful, confident look that doesn't skimp on the sex appeal — and luckily, you can achieve the sporty-chic trend for Spring without breaking the bank or a sweat. Click through the widget below to shop our under-$150 picks now.