- Inspired wedding invites for geeks in love
- Get grilling with these yummy recipes
- Mix up your Spring essentials to create over 35 outfits
- Celebs on their moms: who said it?
- Gift your mom with a handmade terrarium
- Summer shows to get you through the break
- How walkers can benefit from going barefoot
- Simple tips to trim your wedding guest list
- 100 memorable celebrity tattoos
- CelebStyle: See the stars that are obsessed with yellow blazers
- The "perfect pair" baby shower for twins
- Learn how to do a Dutch braid
- Spot the difference between leopards, jaguars, and cheetahs
- Video: Johnny Depp denies split from Vanessa Paradis
Posts for May 10th 2012
Dove has helped over 8 million girls build their self-esteem. Dove invites all women to join us in creating a world where beauty is a source of confidence, not anxiety.
Don't Trust the B---- in Apt 23 actress Krysten Ritter has a knack for styling flirty ensembles that have us totally smitten, and that's why we love the most recent look — a blue cutout Lyn Devon dress with lace-up Aldo espadrilles — she donned at a boutique benefit in Santa Monica. The length of Krysten's frock is perfect for any age, but what really makes it pop are the side cutouts and bold blue hue. Her neutral espadrilles, gray leather Sud De Sur clutch, and circle drop earrings by Elizabeth Wells complemented her retro style flawlessly. Work a sassy cutout dress with Krysten's exact shoes for a bridal shower, or test-drive a black cutout number with caged sandals for a sexy-yet-sophisticated date-night look.
The key to an amazing wardrobe is owning basics you can constantly recycle, and restyle, over and over again. To help you achieve Spring fashion success, we created over 35 outfits out of 15 must-have pieces. Think white skinny jeans, that perfect warm-weather LBD, day-to-night sandals, and a classic nautical-stripe t-shirt for starters. Trust us, you'll be amazed by the sheer versatility of these pieces; we were. Whether you're looking to style up your bright denim shorts with something silky on top or you're not sure how to make the most of your slick white boyfriend blazer, take a look inside for over 35 ways — we also included a few accessory suggestions to complete the look — to maximize what's in your closet. Just click inside to see how to narrow down your Spring-to-Summer shopping list to its must-have core and get to the fun part: styling. Then, let us know which outfit you like best in the comments!
Jessica Alba has been on fire lately, donning astounding street-chic styles around the globe, and the actress didn't disappoint when she took her monochromatic NYC look to new heights via classic accessories — a straw Tory Burch fedora and white Proenza Schouler PS1 bag. The clean lines of her neutral-palette look — elbow-patch Joie sweater, crisp button-down, cuffed creme trousers, and matte Casadei pointed pumps — are so sleek, so fresh. Re-create Jessica's latest street style by shopping her exact hat and bag to pair with your monochromatic looks or work her staple accessories with anything in your closet.
ABC's new show Don't Trust the B---- in Apt 23 starring Krysten Ritter and Dreama Walker debuted in April. Dreama plays June, a Midwestern girl who relocates to NYC for a job and moves in with Krysten's character, Chloe, a total party girl. Judging from those polar-opposite characters, you can imagine that June is all about prim and proper cuts and fun colors, while Chloe sticks to dark hues and edgy styles. Before you tune in, step inside to get to know and shop June and Chloe's style.
Photos Courtesy of ABC
With her supporting family in tow, Zoe Saldana celebrated her cover on the first issue of Cosmopolitan Latinas last night at the Press Lounge in NYC looking gorgeous in a frothy mauve Elie Saab Couture dress, Bottega Veneta clutch, Brian Atwood pumps, and Irit Design jewels. Between her infectious smile and down-to-earth personality, it was hard not to fall in love with the beautiful actress. At the event, the actress let us in on her style secrets, not being a "pink girl," and why she loves being in her 30s:
- On where her style comes from: "My stylist Petra Flannery, she is my must have. I work so hard and I am nonstop that sometimes taking time to think about what I am going to wear is overwhelming. She is one of my closest friends and her taste is exquisite. I literally just show up at her door and if I have time, I love just staying with her one entire afternoon and see what I've been missing, like all of the collections in Paris, New York, or London. Petra Flannery is my go-to, my must."
- On her organic style process: "I will say no to certain things; I am not a pink girl. This [dress] took years for Petra to get me to wear — feminine, pretty colors, and pastel. I always want things to be hard and poignant and sometimes, you need these things because they mellow you out, you know? They really help you feel so great."
- On three words that describe her style: "Unexpected, emotional, and weather-oriented."
Fresh off a glamorous weekend at the Met Gala, Jessica Alba stepped out in NYC in an effortless off-duty look while lunching with friends at the Soho Grand. She styled up a breezy, monochromatic ensemble that's spot-on for transitioning into warmer months, pairing a lightweight gray sweater with white cropped pants and nude heels. Watch today's Fab Flash to get all the outfit details. On Allison McNamara: Topshop blazer.
No one ever said it was easy being a woman, and certainly NO ONE ever dared to say that it was easy to find your perfect makeup foundation shade (too light, too dark . . . it's easy to feel like Goldilocks!). But fortunately for us, we're living in a L'Oreal Paris True Match™ world, and we are all about to become L'Oreal Paris girls. L'Oreal Paris True Match™ can help make each morning just a little simpler by blending seamlessly into your skin coloring, leaving you with a flawless face and an even better day ahead.
Want to find your perfect True Match color? Visit L'Oreal Paris True Match™ and find out your exact shade, whether it's Light Ivory or Warm, and you can bask in your easy and perfectly matched makeup mornings too.
Be on the lookout for your chance to be part of L'Oreal Paris True Match™ Makeup's BellaSugar Sample Squad!
As our favorite weekly programming — namely Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, and Revenge — head into season finale territory, we're soaking up every last bit of love triangle drama, devious plotline fodder, and of course, the characters' super enviable wardrobes. Whether it's Rachel Bilson's downtown-cool style showcased in the likes of Alexander Wang and Chanel, or Zooey Deschanel's signature brand of quirky-cum-cute frocks, we've come to expect our favorite characters to forecast the season's best looks. Likewise, we're taking styling cues from Revenge (think polished pieces, suitable for Hamptons society) and emulating the retro prints and sheer-sleeved silhouettes courtesy of Mad Men. To catch up on the latest Spring TV fashion, click the slideshow to see the closets we're coveting the most. Have another show to share? Leave it in the comments.