- 80 indoor activities for rainy Summer days
- Summer calls for tasty no-bake desserts
- See what your favorite stars looked like in school!
- Baby steps to blond: how to go light without the fright
- Take Tres' survey and tell us what it means to be a modern-day woman
- Perfect dresses for the day after you say "I do"
- Must haves for a beautiful farm wedding
- Watch Denis Leary play our Andrew vs. Emma game!
- Find out why McDonald's burgers look better in ads
- Don't get grilled! Find out how many calories you're actually eating at a barbecue
- iPhone apps for creating a bokeh photo effect
- CelebStyle: stars make one-pieces look hot
- Video: get the details of Kate Middleton's party plans for Prince William's 30th
Posts for June 21st 2012
Summer styling should be a simple exercise in culling effortless pieces into one breezy look. Thus, we rely on quick tricks to inject dynamic into an otherwise laid-back outfit — and today's ensemble pick-me-up? Put a twist (literally) on your top. It's not quite an exaggerated wrap or a dramatic accent like ruching, but by tying up your button-up blouses or knotting your softest tees, you punch up the texture factor exponentially on even the most basic pieces. Not to mention, you can go for retro siren with complementary high-waist shorts or a denim skirt à la tie-front enthusiasts Eva Mendes, Kirsten Dunst, and Taylor Swift. See how these starlets add interest to their summery tops with tie-front prowess, then shop your favorite iterations at the end of the slideshow.
You may think you need to have the legs of Cameron Diaz or Gisele Bundchen to pull off shorts this Summer, but you'd be totally wrong. Making your legs look a mile long is easy once you know the appropriate tricks, and we're letting you in on them just in time for Summer's warmer weather. Check out our tips below on how to elongate your legs and streamline your silhouette.
- Invest in a great pair of nude heels. We've already let you know that nude shoes are a must have for any woman's wardrobe, and no matter how light or dark your skin is, there's a pair out there for you (we especially love these Jimmy Choo Nova heels ($665) and Madewell's patent-leather wedges ($198), which look great on darker skin tones). Also, if the goal is to lengthen, opt for a slingback over an ankle-strap — ankle-strap heels have a tendency to visually cut off the leg and make you appear stumpier than you really are.
- Try an asymmetrical hemline. A-line skirts can often give you a "chopped in half" look, whereas a pretty asymmetrical or diagonal hemline works to make your legs look infinitely longer. This Asymmetrical Bird-Print dress from Topshop ($76) is a perfect example.
- The ultimate combo for creating a leggy look? A pair of high-waisted jeans or shorts teamed with sky-high wedges. Not only is it a cool, '70s-inspired Summer look, but it'll help to create the illusion of those coveted supermodel stems by making it look like your legs start higher than they really do (and with just two simple pieces). The other great thing about high-waisted styles is that they pretty much force you to tuck in your shirt, which also elongates your frame. The Mellow Drama Jeans by Mother Denim ($220), paired with L.A.M.B.'s Inesa Wedges ($345), make for the ideal Summer leg-lengthening look.
Photo courtesy of Planet Blue
BellaSugar's latest Instagram challenge asked you guys to snap a pic of your strong, beautiful hair before heading out for your #BestNightEver! Photos of your terrific tresses are in and we're loving all of your beautiful hair. Need a little inspiration for your next big night out? Check out these pictures of real-life reader submissions and don’t forget to Instagram a pic of your hair and tag it with #BestNightEverBella to be entered for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card so you can have your #BestNightEver.
Click here for more information.
At only 24, Emma Stone is a style-setting Jack of all trades. She's got impeccable comedic timing, can hang with the guys, and has the red-carpet styling skills of a seasoned pro. While we first took notice of Emma as Jonah Hill's high-school crush in Superbad, she's quickly added to her résumé with standout roles in Easy A, The Help, Crazy, Stupid, Love, and The Amazing Spider-Man. Today marks the release of Emma's latest film Gangster Squad, and to celebrate, we're taking a look at her remarkable red carpet style.
Emma's style and ease on the red carpet has garnered some well-deserved attention from the fashionably minded. She's not afraid to go for the wow factor with bold color and embellishments from labels like Lanvin, Jason Wu, and Balenciaga; she knows how to channel her sexier side, opting for a stunning Gucci number at the Paris premiere of The Amazing Spider-Man; and she's mastered the art of sleek minimalism via cool Martin Grant sheaths. Now, we're taking a closer look at how this blonde-cum-redheaded beauty has emerged stylishly victorious since making her silver screen debut. Click through to see how she makes it all work, and don't forget to check out Emma's '40s-chic ensembles in Gangster Squad this weekend.
Florence Welch, Solange Knowles, and Rita Ora may not have a lot in common at first glance, but all three stylish celebs were spotted rocking bold-printed colorful jackets. Florence worked her eye-catching satin-trim blazer with cropped black trousers and ankle-strap platforms, Solange layered this vibrant Roberto Cavalli blazer ($2,196 originally $3,660) over black basics, while Rita paired a sequin, printed Roberto Cavalli piece with a rocker tee. A bold jacket meshes well with everything from jeans and a tank to leather pants and a graphic tee, so shop our favorite colorful styles to inject major spunk into your everyday looks.
Diane Kruger showed off her penchant for taking fashion risks at the NHL Awards last night in Las Vegas. For the red carpet event, Diane posed alongside her beau and wore a design by Alessandra Rich composed of a black minidress layered under a vibrant pink lace skirt overlay. To keep her outfit from looking too boudoir-inspired, Diane accessorized with suede platform sandals, a matching clutch, jeweled statement earrings, and an elegant updo. While Diane can do no wrong in our eyes, we want to hear from you: do you think her look is sheer perfection or should she go back to the drawing board?
You did it! Your nuptials went off without a hitch, so now only one question remains: what are you wearing today? The day after the wedding is your chance to show off your style savvy without any pressure. There are no guidelines to this look, save to say you'll probably want something comfortable and cute — remember Kate Middleton's post-wedding day Zara dress? — to enjoy your first full day of matrimonial bliss (wherever that may be). So, whether you're headed to the farewell brunch, meeting up with family, or catching a plane to your exotic honeymoon locale, we've scoured the market for 10 little dresses that are easy and chic — and perfect for any new Mrs. Start clicking to see and shop them all.
Solange Knowles is a guru when it comes to wearing brights, so we're looking to the multifaceted star for pointers on wearing one of the season's trickiest trends: the printed blazer. When wearing such a statement piece up top, it's important to keep the rest of your outfit simple. At the See What Unfolds event in NYC last night, Solange smartly tempered her standout Roberto Cavalli blazer with black separates, cute gold earrings, and clear-strap sandals, while a bright pink clutch added just the right amount of flourish to her party ensemble. Want to get the same look? Just read our quick styling tips, then shop for your own cool printed blazer in the widget below.
- Before buying your own printed blazer, make sure the silhouette is cut close (not tight) to your body. Prints can sometimes add bulk to your shape, so a tailored fit is essential to getting this look right.
- Solids look best paired with this look, but if you're looking to go the extra fashion mile, experiment with a complementary patterned top for a quirky, mixed-print ensemble.
- Accessorize lightly. We love how Solange gave her outfit an extra pop with her hot pink clutch, but kept her sandals and jewels to a minimum.