To put an end to ever uttering the phrase "I have nothing to wear," we've culled our editors' styling tips to bring you a wealth of one-minute, change-up-your-wardrobe styling tricks. Sometimes you only have a minute and in those moments, it helps to have a few quick techniques on hand to steer you straight through a style conundrum. Read on to crib some simple style solutions to use when you're pressed for time.
- Layer up with a vest. A vest is an easy way to transition from day to night — just add a denim or leather version for a cool, downtown vibe over a dress or top.
- A bold bag can literally be a bright spot in an otherwise corporate wardrobe. If your office dress code doesn't leave lots of room to indulge your stylish side, a splash of color on your bag might be the best way to get your fashion fix.
- Add a statement necklace — it instantly dresses up a look! The addition of a bold jeweled necklace even on a dull tee or tank instantly draws the eye in and makes your basics feel infinitely more special. Forget the t-shirt lurking under that standout necklace — everyone else will too.
- Rule of thumb this season? The bolder, the better. After seeing wildly fun versions on the runways of Erdem, Prabal Gurung, Peter Som, and Jason Wu, we know that a great graphic print is versatile. Style a colorful floral blouse paired with a slick leather skirt for a more evening feel or go daytime polish in cropped kaleidoscope-hued pants with a casual button-up.
- Cinch your look at the waist. By adding a textured, embellished, or bold belt, you're not only injecting a cool accessory into the mix, you're also adding extra shape and dynamic to your silhouette. Let's put some stock into the saying, "if you got it, flaunt it."
Check out five more helpful tips when you keep reading.