- Buzz is excited to see Rock of Ages and Magic Mike
- Yum is craving artichokes and sea salt popcorn
- Bella's in the mood for coral hues and beach waves
- Fab is featuring jumpers, cutoffs, and neon
- Casa's chilling out on cozy blankets and vivid patio furniture
- Savvy is serving up helpful travel tips
- Lil's discovered whimsical lights and adorable dishes
- Très's reading Winning Balance and Seating Arrangements
- Fit's flipping for hemp granola and new yoga gear
- Geek's going gaga for Dr. Who gifts and camera accessories
Posts for June 4th 2012
The 2012 CFDA Awards have wrapped, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were named Womenswear Designers of the Year for their line The Row, and there's still a whole lot of covet-worthy red-carpet looks to catch up on. As one of the fashion industry's most glamour-filled evenings, the CFDA Awards unsurprisingly delivered nothing less than a veritable caravan of stylish arrivals. From Hilary Rhoda's jaw-dropping Rebecca Minkoff dress and Mary-Kate and Ashley's statement-making ensembles from The Row to Zoe Saldana's supersexy Prabal Gurung gown, don't miss a moment of the award-show action. Click through to see who wore what now.
Ashley Tisdale sparkled in sequin Free People board shorts ($448), which she paired with a gray Free People cable pullover sweater ($98) and tan Sam Edelman sandals ($65) at a Colgate event in West Hollywood. We love how she dressed down her shiny bottoms with a cozy sweater and neutral sandals, then accessorized with beach waves, a pendant necklace, and a quilted Chanel bag. Score Ashley's exact shorts to pair with your casual basics for day, or work them with a silk tank and sky-high pumps for a night on the town.
The CFDA Awards take place this evening, and we can't wait to find out who takes home the coveted awards! Creatures of the Wind, Suno, and Altuzarra are the labels up for the Swarovski Designer of the Year Award, while style veterans Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen for The Row are contending for Womenswear Designer of the Year. Let us know who you think will win this year! On Allison McNamara: StyleMint.
Before the big day comes the wedding rehearsal (and subsequent dinner), and you want to look equally as chic as you will for the real thing. Your rehearsal look should be pretty and sophisticated, but more lighthearted and less formal than your gown — after all, it's a nice dinner, but not that nice. We got great rehearsal dress shopping tips from some of our own experts. See what they had to say:
- PopSugar's (and esteemed Sugar bride) Lauren Turner on tradition: "A lot of brides wear white to their rehearsal dinners, but some don't. I went with a fitted cobalt blue cocktail dress because I wanted something that looked nothing like my wedding gown. It's really a personal preference."
- TrèsSugar's Tara Block on her rehearsal dress: "It had a bejeweled Peter Pan collar that made it a bit dressy, but overall it was pretty casual. I was even able to wear it again to the [Sugar Inc.] holiday party."
- TrèsSugar's Tara Block on using your rehearsal as an excuse to give your wedding shoes a spin: "I know some brides that wore their wedding shoes to the rehearsal dinner, to break them in before the big day. Basically, the bride shouldn't be afraid to be the dressiest one there!"
Smart tips, right? So whether your dinner is a five-star restaurant, casual eatery, or backyard BBQ, you shouldn't be afraid to shine. We've rounded up 20 rehearsal dress options — some white and some bright — that are sure to set you apart during your run-through celebration. Click through to see and shop them all now.
The Fifth Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic took place in Jersey City over the weekend, bringing out a bevy of stylish starlets. Rachel Zoe wore a printed maxi dress with her signature floppy hat, Zoe Saldana opted for an edgy all-black ensemble, and Hilary Rhoda wore a chic Fendi dress with Stuart Weitzman espadrilles. Draw Summer-style inspiration from them and more best dressed stars from the 2012 Polo Classic.
Thigh-High Slits, Striking Silhouettes, and More — A Look at Angelina Jolie's Red-Carpet Transformation
Today, Angelina Jolie celebrates her 37th birthday and we want to know — what's her superwoman secret? From devoted mom of six, to newly minted director, to tireless humanitarian activist, we're taking a closer look at one of Hollywood's most celebrated — and beautiful — actress's red-carpet style evolution. Since Angelina has grown up in the public eye, we've seen her morph from gangly girl in her teens to gothic princess in her 20s through motherhood and her relationship with Brad Pitt. The current Angelina impresses us regularly with her affinity to thigh-high accented Atelier Versace gowns (her now memorable Oscars 2012 appearance was not her first foray in leggy territory), slinky Jenny Packham numbers, and classically chic Ralph & Russo creations. Click our slideshow to see Angelina's style transformation now.
As much as we love Jessica Alba in colored denim on the streets, we also adore her in a chic dress on the red carpet. While in Beijing for a gala for the world premiere of Montblanc's concept store, the actress stunned in a white cutout Narciso Rodriguez dress from the Pre-Fall 2012 collection, strappy white sandals, and a matching white box clutch. If you don't have a white cutout dress in your collection yet, it's the perfect time to get one now that Summer is almost here. This Silence & Noise white cutout minidress ($60, originally $79) can be dressed up or down, while this BCBGMAXAZRIA white cutout tulle gown ($348) is a dressier version for fancier affairs. For a monochromatic look like Jessica's, wear either with white sandals and a white clutch. For a pop of color, ditch the white accessories for a colorful pair of sandals and a bright clutch.