- Fifty Shades of getaways inspired by Grey
- See Damon's best smolders from The Vampire Diaries
- A Comic-Con must have that's seriously functional
- A quick and healthy way to prep kale
- Jessica Alba shows of her bikini-ready body in Italy
- How to deal with online shopping gone wrong
- Which common ear shape does your furry friend have?
- 10 white celebrity bags to carry all Summer
- Sweeten your day with cotton candy-inspired beauty
- Five newborn items to invest in
- Dive into deco with decor inspired by The Great Gatsby
- Put your LWD to good use with these foolproof looks
- 7 healthy waffles to jump-start your morning
- Video: Nicole Richie talks charity and Summer style
Posts for July 11th 2012
Attending a lot of parties and Summer soirees is never a problem in our books — unless you have nothing to wear. That said, we scoured the virtual sale racks and found pieces you can instantly add to your black-tie attire arsenal. From pretty lace sheaths from Christopher Kane to knock-'em-dead footwear from Yves Saint Laurent, you don't want to miss these deals. Did we mention some of our picks are marked up to 70 percent off? Now that's a deal.
Leave it to Kate Moss to exude a too-cool vibe even during a Mediterranean vacation on a yacht. The supermodel wore a one-piece black bathing suit for a swim, but it's her outfit prior to taking a dive that we're digging. Kate wore a black vest over a white tank, then threw on black mini denim cutoffs. And she didn't leave her accessories at home; she finished off with a tan belt, dangly hoop earrings, a silver necklace, and a couple of chunky silver rings. To mimic Kate's vacation look during your next getaway, shop similar pieces below. Then throw on a pair of chunky heels to take your look from day to night.
Left to right, there's a noticeable difference in Victoria's Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel's bikini looks — and we're not just talking about the color scheme. As a bodacious babe on the pages of Victoria's Secret, Candice doesn't seem to be lacking up top. However, when we spied the supermodel hanging off duty in the Miami surf, her bikini told a different story, leading us to one pretty awesome conclusion: a little lift on a Victoria's Secret bikini top goes a long way. The retailer's long been known for its figure-boosting bra silhouettes, and its swim styles offer the same famous lift and support. Moral of the story? If you're looking to play up what you've got, it doesn't take too much to make it happen (especially since so many of the VS figure-enhancing styles are now on sale).Shop the suits below, and remember these keys to playing up a small bust:
- Flaunt what you have, and fake what you don't. If you're looking to create more cleavage, opt for an underwire bra top. It will help shape and support your breasts without being too over the top. You can also pump up the volume on top with ruffles, bold prints, and light, well-placed padding (just don't overdo it!).
- If you're happy with your bust size and just want to show it off, your best bet is a triangle top. They're notorious for enhancing a small bust in a natural way by lifting and separating.
- Tops with bold prints, ruffles, and embellishments add intrigue and feminine flair and can create the appearance of more curves on top.
Karlie Kloss may only be 19 years old, but she's already opened and closed runways for some of the most prestigious fashion designers, snagged numerous high fashion ad campaigns, and strutted her stuff in her first Victoria's Secret runway show last year. Needless to say, this rising supermodel is definitely one to keep your eye on. We caught up with her at the Bing! Do Something event, where she told us about her globe-trotting lifestyle and her Summer essentials. On Allison McNamara: Flirt Catalog dress, House of Harlow 1960 ring.
For her speech at Miami High School, Michelle Obama opted to stand out in this vibrant Chris Benz Nelda green and blue printed dress ($716, originally $895) with matching green pumps and an embellished belt. Green and blue are quite the hot match, so if you want to get in on the First Lady's bold style, do so by getting her exact Chris Benz dress on sale. You can wear it with a blazer and pumps at work, with strappy metallic sandals at an outdoor wedding, or with flats and a cardigan on the weekend. If the price tag is still too steep for you, try out the blue and green blend via this dragonfly-print dress by Lilly Pulitzer ($101, originally $168) or this BCBGMAXAZRIA one shoulder print dress ($298).
Freida Pinto was spotted on the streets of NYC in a look-at-me-now yellow Rachel Roy dress, which she tamed with a navy blazer. Then she amped things way up via pink Roger Vivier flats ($606), a colorful Roger Vivier snakeskin bag, and gray round cat-eye Tory Burch shades ($150). There's no doubt about it, Freida has been on a hot fashion streak while promoting her new movie Trishna, and while we love her on the red carpet, we are particularly taken with this spunky street ensemble. Channel Freida's vibrant style with a bright-yellow dress, navy blazer, her exact pink flats, Tory Burch sunglasses, and a colorful bag.
Summer is the perfect time to embrace white, including white sunglasses and white jeans. And we can't forget about fresh white handbags. Celebrities like Jessica Alba, Rachel Bilson, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley have already added white purses to their repertoire, so now it's your turn. Check out 10 stars carrying various different white bags, then shop exact and similar purses to freshen up your Summer style.
Hollywood has an obsession with Givenchy's ankle-strap high-heeled sandals, but Diane Kruger opted to wear the flat version with a white Vanessa Bruno dress while appearing at Sirius XM Studio in NYC. The actress could have chosen the heeled version, but her decision to go with flats took her look to casual, effortless heights. If you've been looking for comfortable statement sandals to live in all Summer long, look no further than Diane's Givenchy pair. Here is the nude ($398, originally $795), the salmon-skin pair ($359, originally $890), and black pair ($795). Choose your favorite hue and sport them with everything from dresses to shorts to skirts to jeans. Because they're so streamlined and minimal, you can rest assured that they won't clash with anything you wear.