- Kate Middleton, Michelle Obama, and more check out the Olympics in style
- Must-have items for your gym bag
- Robotic gear for your everyday life
- Sneak peek into Total Recall and Celeste and Jesse Forever
- Big wins for women at the 2012 Olympics
- 10 makeup ideas for caramel-to-chocolate skin tones
- What the Olympians and spectators are eating in London
- Great Summer sales to check out for your home
- Get Rachel Bilson's old Hollywood style
- Brad Pitt gets into character as one hot cowboy
- Jennifer Garner sees her future while filming The Odd Life of Timothy Green
- Where to find affordable textbooks
- Video: Kate Middleton has a romantic outing with Prince William
Posts for July 30th 2012
From Mexico to the coast of Maine, we've tapped out editors' travel savvy and style know-how to get you packed for a full Summer's worth of travel. Whether you're setting off for a beachy vacation or you're city-bound, consider this your ultimate guide to packing everything you need to arrive in style. It's no easy task, from what to wear out in the country to how to stay fashionable, even on an excursion in Bali, but with this foolproof guide to packing all the right stuff, you're bound to be the best-dressed vacationer poolside, beachside, in the countryside, and everywhere in between.
Find just what you're looking for here, or dive right in to see and shop our complete guide:
- Gearing up for a New England vacation? Here you'll find everything you need to bring for a fashionable Maine getaway.
- If you're packing for a Bali excursion, look no further. We've got you covered with all the easy, fashion-friendly essentials.
- If a trip to the English seaside is in your future, start here.
- Plotting a city-style vacation? Don't pack without a peek at these essentials.
- The pieces you'll need for a chic country escape are all right here.
- If you're beach-bound, you'll want to check out these perfect pieces.
- If Mexico is on your horizon, look to these easy, breezy packing must haves.
Source: Free People
Jessica Biel has impressed us with her red-carpet choices lately, opting for a range of Summer-perfect LWDs paired with neon footwear. For the Total Recall photocall in LA, Jessica decided to change it up but stuck with a light color palette, choosing an intricate, nude Oscar de la Renta shift dress. With a beautiful beaded bodice and a lace skirt, this dress is all about texture. Watch today's Fab Flash for more! On Allison McNamara: Banana Republic top.
Jet-setter Lauren Conrad defined airport style with a Chanel weekender bag, Emmanuelle Khanh sunglasses, and neutral basics at LAX. She accessorized her cute and casual look — black skinny jeans, V-neck sweater, and simple black flats — with delicate gold accessories, a simple top knot, and signature red nail polish. Lauren's travel look proves comfort and style can go hand in hand, opting for classic timeless pieces over sweats. Pair a V-neck sweater with black denim and matching flats, then finish off with a pair of bold resin frames and an oversized tote to channel the designer's sky-soaring style.
Jenna Dewan showed some skin in an Inhabit crochet tank ($225, originally $375) and basic skinny jeans while shading her peepers with speckled Stella McCartney sunglasses ($225) in LA. Strappy cork platforms, a suede fringed crossbody bag, and simple gold hoops completed her casual boho-inspired outfit. Take a cue from Jenna by styling a crochet top — layer it over a contrasting tank if you're worried about leaving too little to the imagination — with true-blue skinny jeans and strappy wedges. Then complete the look with a fringe bag, fresh round shades, and a nude pink lip for your next music festival.
With a slew of our favorite celebrities revisiting the once '90s staple, we're newly obsessed with our denim skirts again. While the trend first conjured images of Kelly Kapowski in an acid-wash mini, fresh iterations from the likes of A.P.C. (like the one we've styled right here), J.Crew, Current/Elliott, and more are putting a decidedly modern spin on the jean skirt. Couple that with the endless ways to outfit the look, courtesy of style setters like Olivia Palermo and Kirsten Dunst, and we've quickly embraced the resurgence of the denim skirt. Are you convinced to re-add the piece to your own closet? Tune in — our five ways to wear the denim skirt might just make you a believer. From date night to a transitional look perfect for the end of Summer, a denim skirt may just be one of the most practical purchases you make all season.
Katie Cassidy looked smashing at the TCA Summer 2012 Party, rocking a red mini skirt, paisley A.L.C. top ($326), and black peep-toe mules. Her bold look was stylish on its own, but her layered arrow and quartz necklaces, statement rings, and dainty cross bracelet added unexpected edge to her chic LA look. Katie's red-carpet ensemble combined feminine details and edgy accents flawlessly, while the playful paisley print of her top injected the perfect amount of flair. Style a paisley top and bold red skirt with leather peep-toe mules and glam-rock jewelry for your next night out.