Kate Hudson is at the Venice Film Festival for her new movie The Reluctant Fundamentalist, and she has been styling up some fabulous outfits that we covet. For the photocall, she went for head-to-toe white in a Gucci suit, complete with a boxy, double-breasted coat and wide-leg trousers. At the opening ceremony, she went a little more glam in a nude, embellished Atelier Versace gown. Watch today's Fab Flash for all the details. On Allison McNamara: 81 Poppies dress, Jook and Nona bracelet.
Posts for August 31st 2012
Welcome to Friday, the end of the week, the beginning of the weekend, and, most importantly, the magical day where we reveal CelebStyle's top stars of the week. Our winners really turned it out this week from mixed-print masterpieces to fresh updates on classic color combos to Western-inspired ensembles we are totally coveting. Diane Kruger fused stripes, florals, and polka dots in Paris, Selita Ebanks accented her streamlined NYC look with snakeskin pumps and a neon green Marc by Marc Jacobs clutch, while Camila Alves went Western in a purple floral-accent dress and embroidered Mexicana cowboy boots. And let's not forget Kim Kardashian, Anne Hathaway, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Alba, and Michelle Williams, who donned spectacular styles of their own. Take a much-deserved break for your busy Friday to get a closer look at our trendsetting standouts, then shop their looks for yourself.
Gwen Stefani headed into a studio in Culver City donning an appropriate rock-and-roll look of white-trim cuffed A.L.C. trousers ($415) and a denim vest. We love how Gwen's denim topper and embellished mustard Christian Louboutin pumps added an unexpected edge to her business-like trousers, while her tortoiseshell shades and signature red lip upped the glam factor. A silver cuff, double-wrap necklace, and perfectly tousled top knot finished off her street style. Score Gwen's exact trousers to pair with a jean topper and yellow pumps for your next concert, or swap the vest and vibrant pumps for a crisp white button-down and red patent pumps for a lunch meeting.
Labor Day is just around the corner, and whether you are heading out of town, attending a backyard barbecue, or hanging around your city for a staycation, we have seven celeb-approved looks just for you. Get sporty in a pair of leather track shorts like Jessica Hart, showcase the new Fall It color in a red-hot look like Jordana Brewster, go girlie in a printed minidress like Leslie Bibb, or amp up your little black dress with a bevy of statement necklaces like Camila Alves. Click through to draw inspiration from these trendsetting starlets, then shop their looks — a few exact pieces! — for yourself to ensure a very fashionable Labor Day.
It's here! We promised you we would be giving away the holy grail of handbags. The most coveted. The ultimate classic. Well, the time has come. Are you ready? We have partnered with Moda Operandi, PurseBlog and ShopStyle for our most amazing handbag giveaway ever. The Birkin! To be exact, it's a gorgeous leather vintage 35cm Indigo Vache Liegee Birkin with Palladium hardware in excellent condition (valued at $10,500) from Heritage Auction.
Brushing, combing, heat styling, and ponytail holders can all give hair a workout, so starting with a strong base is important to both the strength and beauty of how your hair looks and feels. Follow these easy steps to getting the perfect honey bun!
1. Wash hair with Herbal Essences Honey, I’m Strong Shampoo and Conditioner to create a strong, silky base for your style. For extra nourishment and hydration, add the Honey, I’m Strong Rinse Out Treatment into your routine after you shampoo, rinsing out before you begin styling. It’s a great treatment for when your hair needs a little extra TLC. It’s also a good conditioner for thicker hair types.
2. Create a ponytail that sits high on the crown of your head. Separate the ponytail into three sections and backcomb each section of hair for more volume.
3. Loosely braid the ponytail, keeping the braid full, securing the braid at the end with a ponytail holder.
4. Create a bun with the braid by wrapping the braid around itself. Use bobby pins to secure the bun in place, tucking in any loose pieces.
5. Accessorize your honey bun with a headband, or try placing a barrette or hairpin into or near the bun.
Herbal Essences formula has 100 percent natural honey. The Honey, I'm Strong collection works to repair your hair’s protective outer layer and the rinse off treatment provides additional deep conditioning.
Diane von Furstenberg Strikes a Pose, Tells Us What It Feels Like to Be a Femme Fatale in Interview Magazine
Diane von Furstenberg is a fashion fixture. Effortlessly glamorous, the 65-year-old icon and her covetable designs have touched and inspired women from around the world for almost four decades — yes, the wrap dress has been around for that long. Diane first appeared on the fashion scene in the late '60s, and after experiencing a lull in her label in the '90s, which almost put her out of business, she pulled off one of the biggest comebacks in fashion history. DVF recently sat down with Interview magazine to talk about her amazing career in fashion, and we culled some quotes you don't want to miss. Click on to see some gorgeous throwback photos of Diane, plus see what she has to say about her iconic curly hair and being a femme fatale in the slideshow now.
— Additional reporting by Robert Khederian
Source: Interview Magazine
While some celebs are holding fast to Summer's final days, others are taking a stylish look toward a new season. On the Fall forefront, we spotted Rosie Huntington-Whiteley taking a peplum and leather LBD out for a night, while Miranda Kerr led the way for Fall and Winter white dresses in a chic long-sleeved sheath. As for those still soaking up the sun, we got a fresh crop of Labor Day styling inspiration via Diane Kruger's mix-and-matched prints and more, like Kate Moss showing off her stems in Saint-Tropez. The rest is a mixed bag, save for one common denominator: there's not a look here we don't want to steal. Click on for this week's top 10.
We are so excited to share what's in our POPSUGAR Must Have box for August! Even though Summer is coming to an end, we're still focusing on staying fit for relaxing afternoons by the pool and keeping our skin glowing and shine-free. We are also entertaining more at home with our favorite wine and scents that remind us of vacation. We hope you love the box, and if you've yet to join in the fun, then sign up for POPSUGAR Must Have to receive our hand-picked goodies at your doorstep!
One thing is for sure: Labor Day weekend was made for some serious retail therapy. In between end-of-Summer park grazing and BBQing, we're pretty sure there's room for a little online shopping, too. Trust us, this is the time to stock up on Fall layering essentials (Club Monaco and Gap have got you covered), chic cocktail dresses (don't even get us started with DKNY), and pretty underthings (hello, Victoria's Secret!). With heavily marked-down designer pieces from the likes of Thakoon, Isabel Marant, and 3.1 Phillip Lim up for grabs at Bird, Diane von Furstenberg offering up an extra 30 percent off select pre-Fall items, and Madewell providing a cool 25 percent off its favorite denim, shirts, and boots, you better get clicking . . . and fast. We've mapped out the top sales to shop — and the best part? You don't even have to leave the comfort of your Labor Day party to score them. Happy shopping!
- Listen up, DKNY is not joking around about its sale. In fact, when you pop in the code SUMMER50, you'll receive an extra 50 percent off all sale items. Now's your chance to score one of DKNY's slick shirtdresses or a pair of those awesome printed jeans you've been eyeing all season.
- If you've been loving Jennifer Lawrence or Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's off-duty style lately, here's your chance to follow suit. Sustainable brand — and a favorite shopping spot of the aforementioned starlets — Reformation has marked down many of its vintage-inspired pieces. Look for discounts of up to 75 percent off until Monday.
- Macy's is not joking around with its Labor Day sales — and here's the proof. You can get 25 percent off all sale items, plus another 15 percent off any purchases with a total over $99, when you use the code FALL. Wait, there's more. Score an additional 25 percent off all clearance goodies, too.
- Stock up on Fall basics (and then some) via Gap's insanely cool weekend sale. Did we mention this sale extends to Banana Republic and Old Navy too? To get 30 percent off each site's wares, remember to use the code FALLCALLS — valid until Monday.