- Try the season's biggest hair trends before it's too late
- Get the scoop on the best budget wines of Summer
- Tom Brady and pregnant Gisele kiss and cuddle with Jack and Ben
- 29 playdates to spice up your relationship
- Snuggle up in chairs designed with little ones in mind
- Revisit schoolgirl classics with a cool-girl twist
- This spirited home celebrates British patriotism and humour
- 2012 MTV VMAS: watch all the nominated videos
- Robert Pattinson preps for press and Bill Condon speaks out on Kristen's scandal
- Creative uses for tea and tea bags
- Weird Olympic sports that didn't make it to the finals
- CelebStyle: Miley goes grunge in ripped jeans and tan wedges
- Google maps takes a vintage turn
Posts for August 8th 2012
Now is the best time to dust off your striped maxi skirts and use them to draw major fashion attention. The best part? They're so versatile, you can dress them up or down, making them totally worth the investment. Check out how Garcelle Beauvais fancied up her black-and-white striped maxi skirt with a black blazer and matching peep-toes at an event in LA, then how Gwen Stefani dressed down her flowy striped maxi with a baggy tee and pink Quay Eyewear sunglasses while on vacation in Miami. Shop similar striped maxi skirts below, then sport your favorite in a dressy way at a party and laid-back at your next beach getaway. Then come Fall, pair your skirt with a sweater and booties to beat the chill in style.
Mark your calendars. The Dannijo team (that's sisters Danielle and Jodie Snyder) are giving their statement baubles a luxe, perfect-for-the-beach (or yacht) twist for their latest collaboration with Calypso St. Barth — and it's shoppable this Friday. We're no strangers to Dannijo's statement necklaces and cuffs (they're the coveted kind of eye-popping jewels usually topping our shopping lists), but coupled with Calypso's feminine, easy chic, the collaboration ($325-$625) gives way to lots of sparkle, cool turquoise hues, and bold pops of coral — just the thing for glamming up your bikini, for starters. Before you shop the goodies Aug. 10, we caught up with the Dannijo duo for a little more insight into their Calypso Loves Dannijo collab, their ever-awesome baubles, and their own Summer style. Read on for more from Jodie and Danielle, then click through to get a glimpse of the collection.
FabSugar: What was the inspiration behind this collaboration and how is it different from your other collections?
Jodie Snyder: Our customers really respond to the Dannijo lifestyle, and we have always admired Calypso St. Barth as a lifestyle brand as well. The Calypso team gave us their color palette for Fall and really let us do our thing, combining colors and materials in unexpected ways that fit the Calypso St. Barth customer.
FS: What are each of your favorite pieces in the collection?
JS: We're known for our bib necklaces, and we love the turquoise big bib necklace we did for [this] collection.
Danielle Snyder: The Valerija earrings from our Calypso St. Barth x Dannijo collaboration are a must have! These earrings transform any look from day to night flawlessly!
FS: What's the one Summer piece every girl should have in her wardrobe?
JS: Bib necklaces are a classic Dannijo style and a favorite of ours. Right now we're loving the gold, Calypso St. Barth x Dannijo coral bib with tassels.
FS: How is your style different from your sister's?
JS: Danielle is a bit more bohemian, rock 'n' roll inspired, and I'm a bit more classic.
FS: What's in your beach bag?
JS: Tons of magazines, a great book, sunscreen (Lancaster, Lierac), Burt's Bees wax chapstick, sunglasses, big beach towels.
With a new season comes a fresh crop of clothing and accessories to lust after — but what if your budget doesn't allow for a closet full of brand-new Proenza, Dolce, and (Vera or Alexander) Wang? Luckily, there are many items in your current wardrobe that can transition seamlessly into the new season with a few simple tweaks. Adding layers like chunky sweaters, textured tights, and a wool or leather jacket can easily turn your Summer favorites into Fall staples. Here are the trends you should think about keeping (or stashing) for the seasonal shift.
- Colored and printed jeans. Spring 2012 may have ushered in the patterned denim trend, but it's not going anywhere for Fall. The trick is to pair your bright pants with darker hues and Fall-ready fabrics like leather, wool, and cashmere. Prints like paisley, polka dots, and vintage florals will look great for the season — we're especially loving the Looker Magical Forest Skinny Jeans by Mother Denim ($295) — as will colored jeans in rich shades like maroon, emerald, and cobalt blue.
- Loafers. These menswear-inspired flats instantly give off a preppy-cool collegiate vibe, and a good sturdy pair will last you well throughout the season. We're feeling Rachel Comey's Admiral Loafers ($380) and these Suede Tassel Loafers ($40) from Gap.
- Pleated skirts and maxis. Anything that covers your legs during the cold weather is a good piece to keep around. Even your frothy silk and chiffon skirts will look pretty when layered with long-sleeve tops and a leather jacket. Pleated skirts are always going to be sexy and schoolgirl-chic, so don't hesitate to pair yours with chunky sweaters and ankle boots. For chic examples, check out this J.Crew Collection Pleated Maxi Skirt ($198) and Topshop's Pleated Skirt ($30, originally $60).
See more of the trends you should keep this season (and the ones you should stash) when you keep reading.
Our inaugural July POPSUGAR Must Have shipment included the perfect Summer tote, among so many other goodies, and we've loved seeing you share all your pictures with the bag! Whether it's by the pool, at the farmers market, or slung over your shoulder for a beachside bike ride, the classic design and useful details make it ideal for any outing. Share your pictures with us — just remember to use the hashtag #MustHaveBag on Twitter and Instagram — and we may feature you on PopSugar.
In case you don't know about POPSUGAR Must Have yet, every month, Lisa Sugar and the POPSUGAR staff will curate an exciting bag full of fun must-have products from fashion, beauty, home decor, fitness, and more. Our customized bag will include tried-and-true classics, celebrity favorites, and brands you've yet to discover. Sign up for POPSUGAR Must Have now in time for our August shipment!
As a testament to the fact that it really is all in the details, we've culled a worthy crew of street style that's all about the accessories. Sometimes it's just the way a statement necklace offsets a basic button-up we've had for years, or a pair of strappy heels that give our miniskirt a fresh makeover — that's just what makes these shoes, bags, and jewels so special. Inside, we've culled the boldest, coolest, most covetable add-ons that made these 64 street-style snaps worth a closer look — and we noticed a few common denominators. Round shades (particularly perspex), structured satchels, and strappy stilettos emerged as the trends to have for Summer. Click on for all the details.
Miley Cyrus excels at the art of unexpected fashion pairings, working retro dresses with high-top sneakers, short shorts with knee-high boots, and now, distressed boyfriend Levi's jeans with tan peep-toe Elizabeth and James wedges ($275). Miley played with proportions in a cropped white tank and oatmeal cardigan, then took her stellar Philadelphia style a step further with a black studded Valentino bag ($1,598), a bevy of gold accessories, and round tortoise shades. Copy this downtown-cool style with distressed denim, a cropped tank and cardigan, and leather peep-toe wedges for a shopping date with the girls.
Let's face it, we all turn to celebrities for the latest and greatest fashion inspiration. We want to know who is wearing what, how they styled it, and where we can get their must-have pieces for ourselves. We at CelebStyle provide all of that and more. Whether you are looking for a sassy date-night look, catching up on the latest celeb-approved trends, or trying to track down the most lust-worthy It bag, we are here to help. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook and we will keep you looped in on the most stellar celebrity styles to date. You will also get a behind-the-scenes peek at all the fun celebrity and fashion events we go to. So what are you waiting for? Let's be social!
While filming scenes for the upcoming season of 90210 in Long Beach, AnnaLynne McCord's character Naomi Clark looked sassy in a Rebecca Minkoff leopard maxi wrap skirt, which revealed her leg. Leave it to the trendy character to pair her leopard print with a bright fuchsia blazer, a dramatic black-and-white floppy hat, and a white crop top with cutouts in the back. But the piling on didn't stop there; Naomi accessorized with a long black-and-gold necklace, a chunky cocktail ring, and oversized diamond stud earrings. This look may be too much for a regular day out, but you can take notes by matching your leopard skirt with a bright pink blazer or your leopard tops with pink bottoms. To get Naomi's full look, shop similar pieces below.