- Tour this movie producer's newly listed LA compound
- Food podcasts to keep you company on a long commute
- Natalie Portman vacations in a bikini with Benjamin and Aleph
- How to get the shaved hair trend sans scissors
- Meet Mr. Fifty Shades: E.L. James's hubby Niall Leonard
- Adorable shut-eye mats for your little napper
- DVF's Spring collection brings her back to her "princess" days in Rome
- Books to read before they hit the big screen
- Video: The dress, the rings — details about Blake and Ryan's wedding
- Travel budget traps to keep an eye out for
- A beginner's guide to starting a yoga practice
- CelebStyle: Amp up your everyday style with Gwyneth Paltrow's red ankle boots
- A romantic gesture that is out of this world
- Accomplish a sparkly geometric manicure
- All dogs go to heaven: remembering Queen Elizabeth's Corgi Monty
Posts for September 10th 2012
Between sharing her Fall must haves and ruminating on the "will Blair and Chuck end up together?" debate at the Alice + Olivia Spring '13 presentation, Gossip Girl's Kaylee DeFer gave us a little more insight into Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds's wedding. She, along with the rest of us, was "surprised" too! Get the full lowdown on what Kaylee had to say right here — and make sure not to miss her hints about what's next for her character Ivy and which fashion items she can't live without this season. Hair and Makeup by Angelica Perri
Reem Acra was all about downtown attitude today as she showed off a stunningly modern collection for Spring '13. Inspired by Aaron Young's iconic motorcycle art, the line's sharp and tailored pieces are perfect for the working woman, red-carpet beauty, and everyone in between. The show opened up with leather dresses and silk sheaths highlighting laser cutouts made to look like motorcycle tread marks. Next came a series of elegant separates ranging from silky, wide-leg trousers to tailored, tuxedo-inspired dresses and jumpsuits. Then came the red-carpet drama; sultrier looks showed sheer, jeweled insets, the most daring being a red gown with sheer, body-length side panels. Of course, it wouldn't be a Reem Acra show without a few glamorous gold gowns dripping in intricate embroidery. Acra devised gorgeous tulle gowns decorated with paillettes and floral details. Read more details from the exquisite collection below.
- Trends: Sheer details, jumpsuits, wide-leg trousers, and bomber jackets.
- Colors: Navy, green, red, ivory, gold, and fuchsia.
- Key Piece: The navy dress with a sheer bodice inset looked stunning from every angle.
- Accessories: Neon pumps, patent ankle-strap pumps, metallic sandals, leather clutches, and silver belts.
- Who Should Wear It: We can see Kristen Stewart working it in one of Reem's sexy, sheer-paneled gowns and Taylor Swift in the designer's gilded gold creations.
Ever wonder what the Victoria's Secret Angels do to prep for their annual walk down the runway? Well, we caught up with model Doutzen Kroes backstage at Theyskens' Theory and talked about just that. The mom to 19-month-old Phyllon James shared her tips on preparing for the big show, including running after her little boy ("he keeps me so busy") and eating in moderation ("if I order french fries, I'll have a salad"). Doutzen also dished about her childhood dreams and when she first decided she wanted to be a model. See it all in today's Fab Flash! Hair and Makeup by Angelica Perri
A clean, monochromatic palette; wide vertical stripes; and an overtly '60s-driven Edie Sedgwick vibe took precedence at the Marc Jacobs Spring 2013 show — and, quite frankly, we're totally digging the throwback to mod wares. In addition to the longer, fluid silhouettes Jacobs presented, he also sent out refreshing bursts of quirkier pieces. The Mickey Mouse-printed cropped sweatshirt, for one, tops our list of things we didn't know we needed but just have to have. For a closer look at Marc Jacobs's complete Spring '13 show, just click play now!
Maria Cornejo's show was set against a beautiful sunset at Pier 57, making for a surreal transition into her futuristic Spring '13 collection. Using "neo" scuba textiles, the designer created sharp silhouettes mixed in with trademark unique prints this time culled from her own personal catalog and remixed with an abstract flair. Check out all the pictures from her collection, and come back soon for our full review.
Stacey Bendet crafted her latest collection with the optimism of the '50s American dream. The resulting party dresses and cocktail wares may just be what the young Hollywood set, like attendees Jamie Chung and Odette Annable, are dreaming of wearing all Spring. Looks ran the gamut from feminine fit-and-flare dresses done up in metallics to a polka-dot-peplum-and-pedal-pusher set and a surprise, paint-splattered full-length bustier dress. It was already clear that Bendet knew her way around a party dress, but this season she proves she also knows a few things about evening gowns; hers came in gorgeous, embroidered finishes, not to mention dressed-down — but still feminine — casual looks that also hinted at the designer's retro influence.
- Trends: Crop tops, pedal-pushers, peplum, polka-dots, florals, and metallics.
- Colors: White, brown, black, yellow, bright orange, pops of blue and mint green, lavender, and gray.
- Key Piece: The paint-splattered bustier dress; an embellished bustier was an unexpected counter to a polished white skirt and bright orange jacket.
- Accessories: Lace-up pointed-toe booties, pointed-toe pumps, ankle-strap sandals, cat-eye sunglasses, structured satchels.
- Who Should Wear It: You can expect to see the 20something Hollywood crowd showing off these looks all over red-carpet events.
With Karen Walker, you know you're always in for a dose of quirk, and for Spring 2013, her designs took us on a time-traveling Space Age trip. Or, as the program notes, it's a collection of "1950s optimism blended with all things celestial." Translation: playful galactic prints were sent out via retro shapes (high-waisted, wide-leg trousers; cropped trapeze jackets; and sunny shiftdresses), giving each outfit a cheeky duality of past vs. future. Get your first look at the Karen Walker Spring 2013 collection now — and be sure to check back soon for our full review.
Are you preppy? Do you love to travel? Then Tommy Hilfiger's Spring 2013 collection was made just for you. It was the perfect example of sea-faring at its finest — but as he told us backstage at the show, Tommy also included some safari-inspired touches, just as he did for his very first collection in 1985. Hear Tommy talk about his design inspiration and getting back to his roots. Plus, find out what he would be doing if he wasn't a fashion designer — it's all in this Fab Flash. Hair and Makeup by Angelica Perri
Harley Viera-Newton is what we'd like to think of as the ultimate downtown cool girl. She's smart, always chic, and has the DJ skills to match. So, when we chatted with Harley front row at Jill Stuart, we had to ask: what's the song she can't get enough of, how's her Fashion Week schedule shaping up, and what are her thoughts on the relationship between style and music? Find out which band should be on your radar, plus more, when you click play. Hair and Makeup by Angelica Perri