If you tuned into FABTV a couple weeks ago. you knew this one was coming. "Cool Rider." Obsessed. I have a Fab crush on Stephanie Zinone — and apparently you do, too! Right on. But there's more where that came from in the camp classic Grease 2. One could argue the original is the best, but I go back and forth. The wardrobes are pretty even Steven '50s high, but the sequel was filmed in '82, so there's a slight '80s flair, via sporty sunnies and lamé luau garb. Let's agree, both are Fab — but I'd choose Michael Carrington over Danny Zuko any day . . .
There are girl crushes, and there are Fab crushes. Can you believe Stephanie Zinone was Michelle Pfeiffer's first major movie role? Not only is she a serious hottie, she also sings and dances. A star in the making. I'm in the camp of almost loving Grease 2 as much as the original. The music is awesome, and the cast is very flirty and easy on the eyes. And Michael Carrington, aka Cool Rider, makes my heart melt every time. Stephanie is the rebel of The Pink Ladies who wears pants instead of skirts and is ultra inventive — here, she turns her pink jacket inside out to reveal a tougher black leather jacket. It perfectly elevates her black v-neck sweater, tight black jeans, and black boots, as do her sleek gold jewels. Crushed.
This time of year it seems there's a never-ending stream of cocktail parties to attend. I wouldn't be Fab if I didn't love dressing up, but sometimes it's nice to switch it up a little.
I've been invited to a holiday-bowling party, and since I'm not the best at bowling, I'm focusing on looking cute. I asked you to help me out and started you off with this Dexter Bowling SST Classic ($100) because it's the cutest bowling shoe I could find. But here's an inspirational image from Grease 2 — love — to get your Fab Finding juices flowing. Be sure to check out all the holiday-bowling Fab Finds.
Let's see what you all came up with!
Oh! Now, you can build outfits by creating a list of clothing items. We have everything you need to build outfits with, and you can use your Fab Find bookmarks, too. This is an even better way to put together an entire outfit when you are completing your Fab Finding missions.
To see a couple more, read more
This time of year it seems like there's a never-ending stream of cocktail parties to attend. I wouldn't be Fab if I didn't love dressing up, but sometimes it's nice to switch it up a little.
I've been invited to a holiday bowling party, and since I'm not the best at bowling, I'm focusing on looking cute. Help me out, won't you? I'll start you off with this Dexter Bowling SST Classic ($100) because it's the cutest bowling shoe I could find. But here's an inspirational image from Grease 2 — love — to get your Fab Finding juices flowing. Come back and tell me when your Fab Finds are up and tag them holiday bowling.
Now, you can build outfits by creating a list of clothing items. We have everything you need to build outfits with, and you can use your Fab Find bookmarks, too. This is an even better way to put together an entire outfit when you are completing your Fab-Finding missions.
To see some of my favorite online stores, read more
The things actors will do for money. I think Michelle Pfeiffer acted in this flick before she had her breakthrough as the gangster's moll in Scarface. As awesomely cheesy as Grease was, this is just cheesy. And be sure to watch to the end—it just gets worse.
- As a reminder, you can go to YumSugar for all the recaps of this summer's reality food shows.
- As a reminder, you can go to YumSugar for all the recaps of this summer's reality food shows. Check out this week's recaps for "The Next Food Network Star" and "Hell's Kitchen" — scandalous as always!
- The TV Addict wonders which actress you'd cast as Supergirl on "Smallville" next season.
- Stereogum tell us where to stream the White Stripes' Icky Thump online.
- The Moviezzz Blog must be Grease 2's biggest fan, if their celebration of the movie's 25th anniversary is any indication.
- The Watcher dreams up a bill of rights for TV viewers.
- The Music Slut celebrates Cat Power winning the 2007 Shortlist Prize.
- Popwatch desperately wants to get more young people into classical music, so check out their post about 24-year-old pianist Lang Lang.
- TV Squad tells us about classic TV shows popping up on YouTube — possibly illegally.
- Idolator examines the 1990s album charts and finds the decade better — and worse — than we remember.
- Cinematical expounds on the curious romantic pairing of Christina Applegate and Rainn Wilson for the comedy The Rocker.
- Pop Candy checks out the Smashing Pumpkins' new, interactive Web site.
Has anyone seen Grease 2? I know you've seen the original Grease many times, and we all have every song memorized. I always liked Grease 2 as well - it was Michelle Pfeiffer's, AKA Stephanie Zinone's, breakthrough role after all. And 'Cool Rider' is just such a great song. I do have a point to this, wait for it. In the movie there is a big talent show and the sassy gals of Grease 2 sing a song with the chorus: "I'll be your girl for all seasons...all the year through..." or something like that. Urban Dencity is a jewelry designer for a girl of all seasons. The designer Kim Shephard has already personified her jewels for you:
- Jade is bold, exotic and loves making a statement
- Chloe is subtle, sophisticated, and has a delicate touch
- Kate is sporty, kicky, and favors a little flair
- Sienna is romantic, bohemian, and has eclectic style
Which gal are you? I'd have to say I'm mostly a Sienna, but I have a Jade just waiting to be unleashed!
Influenced by her years of working as a fashion art director in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, Kim was inspired to develop a line of stylish and functional jewelry that reflects a range of urbane styles. My pick is this Grecian looking twirl pendant made from brass and white leather - I think it's a good mix of Sienna & Jade. This glitterati is affordable too - with most styles ranging from $55-$200.
Oh, and if you too are a fan of Grease 2, check out the ultimate fansite!
To see more styles, read more