The '70s trend was one of the most talked about in 2011, but it shows no signs of stopping in 2012. Three gorgeous stars — Jessica Alba, Jenna Dewan, and Kristin Cavallari — were all recently spotted rocking the groovy look in LA. All opted for wide-leg denim but made the look their own via different tops and accessories. Step inside to see and shop three new fabulous ways to rock the '70s trend in 2012.
No trend was bigger on the Spring/Summer 2011 runways than '70s-chic — sexy, colorful, and unabashedly glamorous, designers like Lanvin, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton took center stage with their disco-inspired creations. This week's style challenge is to create a look worthy of wearing to Studio 54 in its heyday — something that would get you photographed next to Andy Warhol and Bianca Jagger. Think vibrant hues, long, languid silhouettes, and the highest, chunkiest heels you can find. We'll see you on the dance floor!
1. Go to ShopStyle, and sign up for a free account. If you already have a PopSugar account then there's no need to sign up.
2. Shop away. Hover over the item you want and click "Favorite," so it goes into your Stylebook.
3. Ready to style? Go to your Stylebook and click "Create a Look." Drag and drop the pieces you want. Make it look pretty.
4. Save it, then click "Share Look," then "Blog It."
5. Copy the code provided at the bottom of the page and paste it into a "New Post" while in raw HTML mode, not rich text, in the Fab Stylist of the Week group. Include the name of the challenge in your post's title so we can see it.
Based on the novel by Jeffrey Eugenides, The Virgin Suicides is the sleepy portrayal of the five Lisbon sisters and their mysterious suicides, set in a 1970s Detroit suburb. While the subject matter is melancholic, it's hard to ignore the soft, feminine fashion. The film's dreamlike aesthetic and moody tone showcased lots of gauzy, retro-romantic babydoll dresses and ruffled tops, flat leather wedges, and girly, '70s-style eyelet and lace. Shop our picks below to crib the Lisbon sisters' easy, innocent style for Spring.
Lauren Conrad showed off a styled dreamy '70s-inspired look while running errands in LA. A simple blue button-up ($72, originally $96) gets a boost from flared denim, while a classic Chanel bag and retro cat-eye sunnies ($98) top it off. Click the items above to shop a similar style.
Visit CelebStyle for lots more celebrity street style!