This year a handful of ballsy designers, celebrities, and industry insiders broke free from their comfort zones and undertook revolutionary projects. Diane von Furstenberg created a Wonder Woman of a collection, Viktor & Rolf broke runway tradition, and Barneys New York's Simon Doonan tied the knot . . . with his boyfriend! But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Read on.
- Viktor & Rolf sparked a new virtual runway trend.
- Rihanna became the Gucci/UNICEF spokeswoman.
- Vogue Italia published its first ever, all-black issue.
- Simon Doonan married longtime beau Jonathan Adler.
- Victoria Beckham did it all. She created a dress collection, judged Project Runway Season Four's finale, modeled for Marc Jacobs, and signed a deal with Emporio Armani underwear campaign.
To see more fashion trailblazing acts of 2008, read more