Clemence Poesy showed off a modern take on ladylike dressing when she stepped out for Chanel's Fall show. We love that she dressed down her polished tweed ($162) and tights with a heather gray tee, then finished off with a classic Chanel bag and super-chic A-line mini ($39, originally $78). Feeling inspired? Just click the items above to shop the same ladylike cool.
Visit CelebStyle for lots more celebrity street style!
The US Embassy hosted a cocktail reception in honor of designer Michael Kors last night in Paris, with invitees including Jennifer Hudson, Mary J. Blige, Zoe Saldana, Amber Heard, and Anna Wintour. The soiree marked his line's 30th anniversary, and Mary J. wowed the crowd when she performed "Family Affair" to celebrate the occasion. The get-together was one of many taking place during Paris Fashion Week. Several celebrities have been stepping out in the City of Lights for parties and runway shows, including Chanel spokesmodel Blake Lively and Kanye West. Jennifer, who shows off her newly svelte figure in the latest Essence magazine, didn't hang around long after the evening's festivities, though — the singer was already back in the States this morning!
For Yves Saint Laurent's Fall collection, Stefano Pilati stayed true to the brand's elegant aesthetic — with the perfect hint of sex appeal. Sheer details, feather trim, and patent lend playful accents to impeccably tailored black and white checkered suits. It's an effortless mix of easy separates, looser silhouettes in oversize blazers and wide-leg trousers; then the more luxe — a patent vest, a fur coat and oversize fur sleeves, fantastic, silky white dresses, and jumpsuits for evening. It's luxurious and still accessible; strong femininity that's both Parisian-chic and '70s glamorous.
- Trends: Feathers, graphic print, fur, menswear.
- Colors: Gray, white, black, a pop of purple and blue.
- Key Looks: White, halter-style dress with sheer inset and metallic sandals, double-breasted purple jacket and feather-trim skirt.
- Accessories: Cutout open-toe booties, lace-up knee-high boots, tassel-adorned pumps, chain belts.
- Who Would Wear It: Easy-glam types who crave sophistication without compromising sex appeal.
Karl Lagerfeld has gone crazy for jumpsuits for the latest Chanel collection in a variety of fits, all with statement pockets. A drawbridge opened at either end of the catwalk, which was surrounded by tons of charcoal and lumps of smoking black rock. There was an apocalyptic feel to the collection, which was mainly produced from a dark colour palette. Dresses were generally maxi length and produced from sensual fabrics like lace and tulle. There were long capes and boxy jackets, and even the most feminine pieces were given edge with applique and leather panels.
- Trends: Jumpsuits, monochrome.
- Colours: Black, grey, white, red.
- Key Looks: Quilted black jumpsuit.
- Accessories: Midi heels, small clutch bags, lace gloves, chain and leather handbags.
- Who Would Wear It: Women who want an elegant rock-chic wardrobe with a tailored edge.
If recent runway looks are any indication, blue shadow will be one of the hottest makeup shades around come Fall. From bright (as in the electric blue eye makeup at Steffie Christiaens's Paris Fashion Week show pictured here) to the futuristic, here are five additional ways designers featured the look during recent 2011 Fall Fashion Weeks around the globe.
Full of python prints, retro, '70s looks, and chic colorblocked pieces, the Chloé Fall 2011 collection stayed true to designer Hannah MacGibbon’s signature style. A few standout pieces from the line include a silk python print dress and a colorblock poncho – plus a very daring leather jumpsuit. Check out our video for more from the designer at Paris Fashion Week.
Vanessa Bruno's Fall '11 collection is another masterful lesson in the art of layering, giving us an interesting mix of '70s chic and '90s grunge. Thick wool coats look cozy and cloud-like; long, languid skirts take on the shape of the wearer; and airy blouses play romantically against plush mohair crew-neck sweaters. Moody floral silk dresses fare well with turtlenecks and knee-high boots, while long, drapey coats look downright dreamy when paired with silky separates and sharp tailored trousers. The painstaking attention to detail that Bruno takes when styling each look is evident, and the Fall collection is pretty and polished, yet still effortlessly undone.
- Trends: Metallics, freeform stripes, fur accents.
- Colors: Cream, burnt sienna, charcoal gray.
- Key Looks: Laser cut fur panel jacket; oversized mohair striped sweater with fox-fur shoulder pads.
- Accessories: Slouchy knit hats, structured tote bags, leather boots with knee-high socks.
- Who Would Wear It: City girls that crave relaxed, low-maintenance chic.