Models Anne Vyalitsyna and Karlie Kloss met up at the New York Mets vs. New York Yankees game at Yankee Stadium in NYC, and both brought their baseball best in their respective looks. Anne V. took the tomboy route in a baseball cap, a black D.A.R.E. tee, and denim cutoffs, then added an unexpected curveball with thigh-high socks. Karlie kept her look far more feminine and nautical in a blue-and-white striped maxi dress, finished with delicate gold jewels and a mini Gucci bag with a gold chain strap. Take a good look at both models' ballpark styles, then tell us who scored a home run in your book?
This year's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue has been released — get the most of this year's edition with a guide to SI Swimsuit launch week. Kate Upton landed the cover spot for the second year in a row, this time around, flaunting her figure in a two-piece on a chilly Antarctica shoot.
Inside the issue, Kate is joined by SI Swimsuit vets Chrissy Teigen, Irina Shayk, and Anne Vyalitsyna, who each went around the world for their assignments. Chrissy showed off her bikini body in Chile, Irina got sexy in Spain, and Anne trekked China in a two-piece — click through to see their bikini shots, and make sure to check out all the Sports Illustrated bikini pictures.
It's all but a game. At least it is in Prada's just-released Fall 2012 ad campaign video, where models Anne Vyalitsyna and Magdalena Frackowiak face off in a surreal game of chess. Watch as every move they make has life-sized consequences for fellow models (or pawns?) Elza Luijendijk, Iselin Steiro, Madison Headrick, and Vanessa Axente. Lensed by Steven Meisel.
Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Jean Paul Gaultier's third edition of his special bottles for Diet Coke makes the bottle look as though it's wearing a corset made of tattoos. [Styleite]
- Anne Vyalitsyna has landed her second film role, securing a spot in the upcoming film Lullaby alongside Amy Adams, Jennifer Hudson, Terrence Howard, and Garrett Hedlund. Vyalitsyna will also star in next year's A Good Day to Die Hard. [Modelinia]
- After a three-year absence from the industry, designer Veronique Branquinho will relaunch her eponymous label in partnership with the Italian clothing manufacturer Gibò this September. "Before, I had an independent company. I was responsible for everything," she said. "In this new situation, it feels so comfortable, because I'm only busy with the creative part." [WWD]
- Former Yves Saint Laurent muse Betty Catroux says she, like Pierre Bergé, supports all the changes Hedi Slimane is making at the venerable brand. "All Hedi's decisions are brilliant and it is so clever of him to work in Los Angeles — in peace, away from everything, under the sun," she said. [The Cut]
- Tory Burch is expanding her brand's reach with a fragrance that will launch in September. She also wants to create clothing for yoga, tennis, and golf, and envisions a home collection in the future. [Elle]
It's been two months since Adam Levine and Victoria's Secret Angel Anne Vyalitsyna ended their relationship — and it appears that Levine has already taken up with another member of Anne's heavenly cohort.
Levine was spotted kissing and holding hands with Vyalitsyna's colleague Behati Prinsloo in Kauai, HI, while he was there for a friend's wedding this week. Prinsloo and Vyalitsyna both appeared in this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, where Levine walked Vyalitsyna down the runway while singing his song "Moves Like Jagger." Vyalitsyna announced their split with a statement in April, saying, "Adam and I have decided to separate in an amicable and supportive manner. We still love and respect each other as friends. I wish him all the best."
Prinsloo is known for her work with brands including Chanel, Tommy Hilfiger, and Nina Ricci, among others, and was previously in a relationship with fellow model Jamie Strachan. The former couple famously posed for i-D Magazine's Summer 2010 issue.
Photo: Behati Prinsloo walks the runway in this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
The question has been floating around because of Vyalitsyna's work in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Since 2005, she's made eight consecutive appearances in the issue, widely considered one of the most important assignments a model can get. The world's current richest model, Kathy Ireland, made 13 consecutive appearances in the '80s and '90s and parlayed her fame into a licensing empire that sells $400 million worth of products — from furniture to wedding dresses, scented candles, and beyond — every year.
While Vyalitsyna may not have intended to follow Ireland's path to fortune, her work in Sports Illustrated has her on the same track. And with work for Victoria's Secret, Vogue, and Elle under her belt — to say nothing of her scores of other contracts — Vyalitsyna will undoubtedly continue to be a force to reckon with.
>> Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- A newspaper in Thailand reported that the country is getting its very own edition of Vogue, hot on the heels of the new edition that just launched in the Netherlands. If the story is to be believed, current Elle Thailand editor Kullawit Laosuksri would be the new magazine's editor-in-chief. He'd also be the only man in the all-women Vogue editors-in-chief club. [The Fashion Spot]
- Mulberry decided to release its new Del Rey handbag, named after singer Lana Del Rey, a few weeks early. Its flagship stores in New York, London, and Singapore started carrying the bag today — Del Rey herself has had one since February — but the rest of the world will have until May to purchase the $1,250 bag. [Fashion Etc.]
- Singer Adam Levine wasn't debriefed before his supermodel ex-girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna told the world they'd broken up. A friend of his says he was "blindsided" by reports last week that the two were no longer an item, and that Vyalitsyna was eager to avoid the impression that she was the one who got dumped. [The Cut]
- Stylist Stevie Dance has started her own shopping-focused blog called Shop Ghost, which promises stories "about how subcultures create shopping trends, how we invest in ourselves, how we stalk ideas online, what we buy but never wear, what we want to recommend and why." Case in point: Shop Ghost launched with a story about shopaholic photographer Tommy Ton, who says he wants to start designing clothes within the next five years. [Shop Ghost]
- Marc Jacobs celebrated his 49th birthday by frolicking on a beach in Rio de Janeiro with his boyfriend, 24-year-old Brazilian adult film actor Harry Louis. [Styleite]
Anne Vyalitsyna and Irina Shayk broke out new bikinis and returned to the beach in Miami yesterday. The models are in Florida celebrating Anne's belated 26th birthday, while their famous boyfriends tend to business around the globe. Anne's significant other Adam Levine performed with Maroon 5 in Costa Rica last night, and Irina's long-time love Cristiano Ronaldo broke a new soccer record. Cristiano, who plays for Real Madrid, is now the fastest player to reach 100 goals in Spanish league history. As for Adam, he's on a break from filming The Voice, but soon he'll rejoin Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, and Cee Lo Green in LA, when the singing competition moves to live episodes on April 2.
Models Irina Shayk and Anne Vyalitsyna slipped into colorful bikinis and hit Miami Beach in style yesterday. Irina modeled a mix and match two-piece, while Anne worked on her tan wearing a Missoni print. The pair are soaking up the sun in Florida as part of Anne's belated birthday celebration. The model turned 26 on March 19 just one day after boyfriend Adam Levine celebrated his 33rd on March 18. Anne and Irina aren't the only swimsuit models spending Spring Break on the East Coast; fellow catwalker Doutzen Kroes is vacationing at the beach with son Phyllon and husband Sunnery James.