Styling your printed pants might be easier than you might think, as exemplified by brunette beauty Jordana Brewster. The actress headed into the VH1 studios in NYC yesterday looking effortlessly polished in a pair of black-and-white floral trousers tempered with a black long-sleeved top — easy, right? It's all about balancing out a bold print with more neutral accompaniments, which Jordana shows here, but notice how she took her styling skills up a notch with a pair of pink printed ankle-strap pumps for an extra-sassy Spring touch. Finish off the look with a gray shoulder bag, and you're set for your next casual workday or relaxed evening outing. Simply shop our editors' picks below to channel Jordana's effortless take on printed pants.
Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Poppy Delevingne got engaged to her longtime boyfriend, James Cook, today. She posted a picture of the custom Anya Hindmarch jewelry box Cook commissioned as a proposal gift to Instagram with the caption, "Errr YES." [The Daily Telegraph]
- The lush setting for Meadham Kirchhoff's Spring 2013 show — which included lots of upholstered furniture, candles covered with wax drippings, and piles of fresh fruit and baked goods — was captured in a short film called A Cautionary Tale. [Style.com]
- Hedi Slimane's debut collection for Saint Laurent came down the runway just over a week ago, and Lady Gaga has already worn the line twice. She donned the clothes in London on Monday for tea with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and again in Iceland on Tuesday at Yoko Ono's Grant for Peace event. [The Cut]
- Marni has set a goal to double its sales "in five years through a further development of retail," said CEO Gianni Castiglioni. Any billionaires out there looking for an exciting investment opportunity? [WWD]
- Stateside fans of Zara's clothing will be able to buy housewares from the Zara Home collection online as of today. [Fashion Etc.]
- If model newcomers Grace Mahary, Ji Hye Park, and Nastya Kusakina weren't household names before, they might be now that they've made a few turns down the runways during Fashion Month. [The Fashion Spot]
- Bidding on the blue gingham dress Judy Garland wore in The Wizard of Oz, set to be auctioned in Beverly Hills next month, will start at $200,000. [The Guardian]
This week's top stars ran the style gamut in printed pieces, pastel palettes, and chic travel ensembles. Kristen Stewart mixed color into her Fall wardrobe in Paris, working a yellow Balenciaga leather jacket and printed pants, also by the designer; Alessandra Ambrosio chased the fleeting Summer sun in a crisp white blazer, mint Hudson cutoffs, and studded Valentino pumps in LA; and Kim Kardashian wowed us in black and white colorblock Sass & Bide pants in Sydney. These ladies are just a few of the standout style stars, so cruise through to see who else was crowned, then shop their stellar looks for yourself.
Olivia Palermo walked her dog in NYC looking part chic, part cool in three different fabrics: denim, leather, and velvet. Up top she wore a denim button-down, on bottom black leather pants, and on her feet red velvet flats. Then she added major chic via a tan and white colorblock Anya Hindmarch satchel, oversize sunglasses, a gold chain-link bracelet, and her signature gold watch. Next time you want to look fabulous while walking your pup, mimic Olivia's outfit — with the help of FabSugar's tips — by pairing your denim shirt with leather leggings and red flats. Shop similar pieces below to get her look now.
This week, our top celebrity trendsetters really turned up the heat with unexpected color combinations, updated takes on classic looks, and dangerously chic accessories. Olivia Palermo's emerald-green and yellow pairing turned heads in London, Emma Stone brought major life to her red sleeveless mini with black and yellow Roger Vivier sandals in NYC, and Ashley Madekwe upped the glam factor in a black peplum top and lust-worthy accessories in LA. Other notables included Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Kardashian, and Elizabeth Olsen. Take a break from your Friday tasks to get a closer look at our latest style winners and to draw inspiration for this weekend's celeb-approved ensemble.
Are you ready for the latest round of celebrity must-have items? One of them, Selena Gomez's heart scarf, is perfect for any Valentine's Day activity. Then there's Jessica Alba's latest handbag, Rachel McAdams's adorable polka-dot dress, Kim Kardashian's beautiful top, Michelle Obama's stunning orange coat, and more. Step inside for all the exciting details and to shop your favorites.
Fact: things can get a little messy in your carry-on when traveling with headphones, chargers, cables, and other tech accoutrements. Keep your bag tidy with the Anya Hindmarch Gadget Pouch ($90) that stores your essentials neatly so you never wonder which cables you put in which bag. Travel can be stressful enough on its own, but keeping your gear organized has proven to save time in the airport security line. If you must compartmentalize, you might as well do it in something cute like this. Just sayin'.
The clutch is one of our favorite accessory trends this season, so we've rounded up a few of our must haves and there's sure to be a style to suit any personality. From notice-me neons to a party-perfect glitter clutch from Anya Hindmarch that we'll definitely be carrying come New Years' Eve, these ultra-cool clutches provide the perfect finish to any holiday ensemble!
Emma Roberts hammed it up for photographers at the 4th Annual House of Hype Music Awards at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills. Emma's formfitting Alice and Olivia dress and cutout booties worked perfectly on the stylish starlet. Her sparkly Anya Hindmarch clutch and red-orange lip added extra flair to her monochromatic look. Steal her vamp-chic look when you shop her dress — in a lighter hue —and clutch with other similar items.