Whether it was helping Gilles Mendel open his brand-new Madison Avenue J. Mendel boutique, cheering on the guys at the GQ Men of the Year party in Sydney, or stepping out for the Bornfree campaign press announcement, models like Constance Jablonski, Chanel Iman, Alek Wek, Naomi Campbell, Malaika Firth, and Liya Kebede have had a busy yet glamorous few days. You can see what they all wore here in the gallery.
Designer Wes Gordon and his model date Constance Jablonski told us about their connections to punk last night on the red carpet outside NYC's Metropolitan Museum of Art. Constance confided that yesterday brought her most punk moment yet — she wore a leather harness designed by Wes!
So far, only one image from Carolina Herrera's Fall 2012 campaign has seen the light of day — and it's a real beauty. Photographed by Patrick Demarchelier, it features Constance Jablonski and Eniko Mihalik passing down an Upper East Side street in a flurry of crimson and print. Now comes a behind-the-scenes video that shows exactly what we've been suspecting all along: the rest of the campaign — which also features Jablonski and Mihalik — will definitely be filled with images that are just as lovely as the first.
Balmain designer Olivier Rousteing told Style.com that he'll be taking model Joan Smalls as his date. Anthony Vaccarello has confirmed he'll be accompanied by Anja Rubik. Jason Wu will attend with Karlie Kloss, and Haider Ackermann will walk the red carpet with Constance Jablonski.
The site has also confirmed another spate of pairings: Roland Mouret is taking Doutzen Kroes; Rachel Zoe and her husband, Rodger Berman, will attend with Karolina Kurkova; Erdem Moralioglu will dress Arizona Muse; and Thakoon Panichgul is taking actress Christina Ricci.
It has also recently been revealed that Heidi Klum will wear a "very very lacy and very very see-through" one-of-a-kind dress by Escada. Chanel's official attendee will be French actor Gaspard Ulliel, face of the brand's Bleu de Chanel fragrance.
Previously confirmed pairings include Alexander Wang and rapper Azealia Banks, who tweeted that she would perform at the Met Gala last week; Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez with Australian actress Isabel Lucas; and Joseph Altuzarra with Lana Del Rey. Coco Rocha will attend with her husband, James Conran, wearing a vintage dress by Givenchy.
The Met Gala will be live streamed for the first time from 6:30-8:30 p.m. EDT on May 7.
Update: Everyone from Sarah Jessica Parker to Giovanna Battaglia has decided what they're wearing tonight. Below, a list of everything we know so far:
- Kristen Stewart will wear Balenciaga and attend the Gala with Nicola Ghesquiere.
- Gwyneth Paltrow will wear Prada. Linda Evangelista will also wear Prada, and will attend as Miuccia Prada's date.
- Renee Zellweger will wear Emilio Pucci.
- Jessica Stam will wear Dior.
- Cameron Diaz will attend with Stella McCartney.
- Lauren Santo Domingo will wear Oscar de la Renta.
- Kate Upton will attend the gala with Michael Kors, who is also dressing Jessica Alba and Liu Wen.
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Lily Cole wil both wear Valentino.
- Amy Adams will wear Giambattista Valli Couture.
- Scarlett Johansson is wearing custom Dolce & Gabbana, but the house will also dress Bianca Brandolini d'Adda, Andrea Dellal, Giovanna Battaglia, and Marpessa Hennink.
- Brooklyn Decker, Liya Kebede, Rashida Jones, and Tory Burch will all wear gowns of Burch's design.
- Kristen Bell and Dee Hilfiger will both wear Tommy Hilfiger.
- Dree Hemingway will wear Topshop.
- Farida Khelfa will wear vintage Schiaparelli.
- Emma Stone will wear Lanvin.
- Stella Tennant, Poppy Delvigne, Astrid Bergès-Frisbey, and Sigrid Agren will wear Chanel.
- Claire Danes will attend the gala with her husband Hugh Dancy and Gilles Mendel. She'll wear J. Mendel, and so will Aerin Lauder and actress Christine Taylor. Taylor will attend with her husband Ben Stiller.
- Burberry will be dressing Cara Delvigne, Jourdan Dunn, Gabriella Wilde, Vanessa Kirby, Douglas Booth, Mario Testino, Casey Affleck, and Roo Panes.
- Prabal Gurung is dressing Greta Gerwig.
Photo: Doutzen Kroes wearing Giambattista Valli to the 2011 Met Gala.
The Mad Men franchise has already inspired a set of Nailtini polishes, and it's even been the impetus for two Banana Republic-backed collections. Now, the '60s-era show is getting a cosmetics line. New next month (just in time for the show's fifth season premiere on the 25th) comes a limited-edition, two-piece Estée Lauder Mad Men collection. See it up close here; just be prepared to get shaken and stirred.
A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Today's Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2011 Campaign Shoot (Plus Gucci Campaign Rumors)
>> Stefano Gabbana tumblred images from the New York set of Dolce & Gabbana's Fall 2011 campaign today, showing a cast that includes Liu Wen, Maryna Linchuk, Constance Jablonski, Monika Jac Jagaciak, Isabeli Fontana, and Kate King. The girls are shown alternately dressed up as men and women, mirroring the label's Fall show. Jagaciak — who has her hair slicked back and is wearing a suit — tweeted a few hours ago that she "is Jac the dude today." Gabbana's photos in the gallery.
No images from the Gucci Fall 2011 campaign set, meanwhile, but the end product is rumored to feature four girls — two who Gucci has cast before and two who are newcomers to the label, including "that one stunning Top 10 Newcomer who all the key clients had to have," The Imagist reports.
>> Joan Smalls joined the Estee Lauder stable — which also currently includes models Constance Jablonski, Liu Wen, Carolyn Murphy, and Hilary Rhoda — late last year. Although Smalls filmed a Lauder TV commercial right around the time of her contract's announcement back in December, her first ad just launched for the brand's Women in Beauty campaign, depicting Smalls alongside Jablonski and Wen, shot by Craig McDean. Smalls recently spoke to Vogue about suffering from scoliosis — she was diagnosed at fourteen, when it was too late for the spinal curvature to be corrected with a back brace, and is therefore left vulnerable to injury and pain. "I do my best not to think about it," she says. [Modelinia, Models.com, Models.com]
Every woman can be beautiful. So said the late Estée Lauder, whose belief has been translated into her namesake brand's new philosophy. Its latest faces create a model mix that reflects our globalized, diverse world. Liu Wen, Constance Jablonski, and Joan Smalls hail from China, France, and Puerto Rico respectively. While Estée Lauder has always found gorgeous women to front the brand, we're thrilled to see a multicultural (and multilingual!) group leading the way. Read on to see how the company's models have changed with the times, from the 1960s until now.
This admittedly gorgeous white Dolce & Gabbana dress has graced the covers of French Vogue, German Vogue, and Vogue Spain. That makes it the unofficial best dress of the Spring 2011 season, and we'll be seeing versions of it in stores everywhere soon. Take a close look at the covers, and tell us: do you like that everyone is of the same mind, or does it bother you that three major fashion mags chose the same dress?