>> Dean and Dan Caten riffed on the idea of high school — albeit a glamorous, '60s-tinged one — for Fall 2012. There were candy-hued pencil skirts, snug little cardigans, and perky ankle pants — and even a few sparkling evening looks just perfect for "prom." It was a fun, imaginative, and — surprisingly — wearable foray. "We love telling a story. You get where we're coming from," the duo explained backstage.
Dean and Dan Caten took it back to senior year of high school for their DSquared2 Fall 2012 collection. The '60s-inspired collection came complete with retro teased hair, cigarettes, and even a gym floor catwalk. "We love telling a story," said the designing duo, when describing the elaborate set. "You get where we're coming from." The collection featured wearable pieces for every personality ranging from skinny rolled-up jeans and glazed leather separates for the rebel child to fitted cardigans and printed pencil skirts for the goodie goodie. For the prom queen, Dean and Dan Caten showed a range of black party dresses embellished with feathered peplums and rhinestones. Highlights included an embellished strapless dress worn by Lindsey Wixson, who, by the way, walked down the runway with her dapper date in an equally intriguing white tuxedo jacket. More details on the collection below.
- Trends: Peplum, cropped pants, pencil skirts.
- Colors: Purple, black, green, pink, blue.
- Key Piece: We loved the printed pencil skirts and glazed leather separates.
- Accessories: Bow-embellished caps, colorful clutches, ankle-strap pumps.
- Who Would Wear It: Any girl looking to add a cool vintage touch to her look like Zoe Saldana, Diane Kruger, and Kate Bosworth.