Katie Holmes headed to New York Fashion Week looking sleek as ever in a black leather Holmes & Yang blazer and black skinny jeans. The actress-slash-designer wore a white camisole underneath her jacket, then accessorized via a Lanvin pearl and ribbon necklace, round tortoise sunglasses, a black Valextra for Holmes & Yang satchel ($4,350), and these Dries van Noten sequin slingback pumps ($468). What's great about Katie's latest look is that it can be re-created for work and for the weekend. Shop similar pieces, including her exact pumps, to get her polished look.
Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Louis Vuitton is distancing itself from a venture called Machine Guns Vegas, which just launched a gun grip in the fashion house's multicolored monogram canvas. "Louis Vuitton is in no way associated with this company," the brand said in a statement. "We do not manufacture gun grips and do not condone the alteration of our creations in any way." [Fashionista]
- Roberto Cavalli would like to teach you how to make a cocktail — using Roberto Cavalli-brand vodka, of course. [Purple]
- Stella McCartney — both the woman and the flagship store in London — plays a role in the most recent episode of Absolutely Fabulous, which is an homage to the 2012 London Olympics. [Fashion Etc]
- Loeffler Randall will introduce its first collection of handbags, inspired by men's briefcases, on July 26. [WhoWhatWear]
- Sales of Katie Holmes's clothing line, Holmes & Yang, have increased in the wake of her divorce from Tom Cruise. [The Cut]
Photo: A model walked in Louis Vuitton's Fall 2012 show.
Fresh off her fashionable birthday weekend, Katie Holmes slipped into one of her own designs for the New York premiere of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, starring her leading man Tom Cruise. We simply adore Katie's dress — from the sheer neckline, to the sweet polka dot print, to the tiered skirt, this ladylike look has just the right amount of sexy. Plus, watch to hear how the Cruise family is celebrating for the holidays. On Allison: Topshop top, What Comes Around Goes Around jacket.
Katie Holmes struck a pose on the red carpet at the LA premiere of Jack and Jill. Katie donned a colorblock Holmes and Yang frock with ankle-strap Lanvin pumps. We accessorized the stylish starlet with a stud clutch, tribal necklace, and desaturated teal nail polish. Snag Katie's exact dress to channel her ladylike look.
Katie Holmes had a fun and sun-filled day at the beach with daughter Suri in Malibu. Katie sported a silk Holmes & Yang tank, distressed Current/Elliott shorts, and woven Givenchy sandals. Her straw fedora, square sunglasses, and Bird by Juicy Couture navy blazer helped shield her from the sun's harmful rays. She finished off her beach look with silver hoop earrings and a thin silver bracelet. Shop now to get her exact shorts and shoes with other similar items.