Issa showed off bold graphic prints against softer feminine silhouettes for Fall '12 — a perfect combination of bright and ladylike. Abstaining from customary Spring florals, Issa opted for two distinctly different designs: a 1960s-inspired paisley pattern and a Far Eastern-influenced screen print. The colorful prints took shape in kimono-style caftans, knot-cinched dresses, tunic-and-trouser combos, and jumpsuits – all of which had a totally wearable retro-fun vibe. In addition, we spotted an emerald green, Kate Middleton-worthy wrap dress and a funkier fur-enhanced, cap-sleeved frock that were just begging to be added to our Fall must-haves list. While Issa maintained its casual, eclectic feel, the collection, as a whole, gave us even more reason to believe that the dress-over-pants trend is coming back, the resurgence of opera-length gloves is real, and Asian-inspired silhouettes are here to stay. For more details, see below.
- Trends: Japanese-inspired silhouettes, '60s prints, dresses over pants, and fur-enhanced sleeves.
- Colors: Green, red, blue, brown, gold, and black.
- Key Piece: The form-fitting emerald green wrap dress and the Asian-inspired metallic sheaths with fur capped sleeves.
- Accessories: Fur cossack hats, fur handbags, strappy gold sandals, red-and-black T-strap heels, and riding boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Issa's core group of fans, including Kate Middleton and Madonna.