Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Marni is gearing up to release its first fragrance, a blend of woody smells, spices, and rose oil named Marni. The perfume's ad campaign stars Raquel Zimmermann shot by Nick Knight, and a 100 ml bottle will go for $105 when it reaches stores next February. "It's a perfume that's quite individual, that doesn't evoke anything in particular," said the brand's creative director Consuelo Castiglioni. [WWD]
- Coach just won a lawsuit against a network of 600 websites that sold counterfeit Coach goods. A judge awarded the brand $257 million in damages, the biggest amount of money ever won in a counterfeiting case. [Fashion Etc]
- Ralph Lauren announced that it will close its Rugby line, aimed at younger customers, next February "in order to focus resources on higher growth, more scalable global opportunities with the core Ralph Lauren brand." [Fashion Foie Gras]
- Jenna Lyons has been named one of Glamour's women of the year. Her boss, Mickey Drexler, told the magazine, "I'm partial, but I think she's a woman of the year every year." [Glamour]
- Model Sophie Dahl has confirmed that she and husband Jamie Cullum are going to have a second child. The couple had a daughter named Lyra last March. [Vogue UK]
- Mark Badgley and James Mischka were at their house in Long Island when it was struck by a tree blown down by Hurricane Sandy's winds. Luckily, neither designer was hurt. [Page Six]
We caught up with Badgley Mischka designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka at New York Fashion Week. They told us about the film that inspired the runway collection this Fall, what they do when they're not designing, and their tips on evening dressing. Check out their interview in today's Fab Flash!
>> INSIDER WIRE —Is the pre-Fashion Week stress getting to Mark Badgley and James Mischka? A Badgley Mischka employee was overheard saying that her bosses (who are lovers) had "a massive fight. They're breaking apart into two separate companies!" A rep denied the story: "They're both very happy." [NYDN]
>> INSIDER WIRE —Following in the fashion footsteps of Nina Garcia, Naomi Campbell, Joe Zee, Robbie Myers, and Vera Wang, the duo behind Badgley Mischka are guest-starring as themselves on tomorrow night's episode of Ugly Betty (8 PM EST, ABC). Mark Badgley and James Mischka mentor editorial assistant Marc (Michael Urie) as he competes against Betty for a spot in the Young Editors Training Program.
*image: Photos copyright 2008 ABC, Inc.
As expected, models and designers turned out in droves — Erin Wasson, still in leg cast, was by Alexander Wang's side, and Francisco Costa celebrated his Womenswear win by hugging Eva Mendes tight.
For more of the comings and goings, be sure to check out the gallery below.