Of course, models look amazing on the runway, but it is their off-duty street styles that we really love to see. Each girl has her own aesthetic, and we love them all for different reasons. We can thank Kate Moss for proving that leopard goes with everything. We count on Miranda Kerr to sport sneakers (or just about anything) in the chicest way possible, and we look to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for her effortlessly styled layers. As always, Alessandra Ambrosio puts a sexier spin on casual cool and Gisele makes even jeans and t-shirts look high fashion. There's more inside — like Cara Delevingne's punky Brit-girl style and Karlie Kloss's take on the classics — so keep clicking to see all our favorite models and their top street-style moments this year.
Lily Aldridge put her toned body on display when she took part in a Victoria's Secret bikini photo shoot in St. Barts yesterday. Her trip to the Caribbean comes hot on the heels of her 2013 Met Gala appearance in NYC on Monday. Lily wore a Tommy Hilfiger gown to the fashionista-filled fete, which she attended alongside her husband, Caleb Followill. Hopefully, Lily will get a chance to see her daughter, Dixie, this weekend, as she will be celebrating her first Mother's Day as a new mom since giving birth back in June. Don't forget to check out more celebrity moms who will be celebrating Mom's Day on Sunday with their sweet little ones!
Last night's annual Met Gala brought out stars to celebrate the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Punk: Chaos to Couture exhibit. From models to small- and big-screen actors, celebrities shared inside looks at their beauty preparations, red carpet arrivals, and glimpses inside the event itself on social media for the museum's fashion event. Gisele Bündchen snapped a picture of her and husband Tom Brady in the car on the way to the Met, while Kim Kardashian buddied up with Beyoncé and Solange Knowles inside the event. Kelly Osbourne gave Jennifer Lopez's behind a thumbs-up, and Miley Cyrus, Emma Roberts, Cara Delevigne, and more got the afterparty started. Meanwhile, Emmy Rossum, Jessica Biel, and Jessica Alba all shared sneak peeks of their pre-event routines in the makeup chair. Click through to see the best social media snaps from the 2013 Met Gala! And in case you missed it, you can catch a replay of the red carpet stream on Vogue.com.
Lily Aldridge wore an Étoile Isabel Marant sweater as she took her daughter, Dixie, out for a stroll in NYC yesterday. Despite her casual day with her little one, Lily has been keeping busy while in the Big Apple. She mingled with Eva Longoria and Nicky Hilton at the launch of Ferragamo's L'Icona line on Tuesday and got a color touch-up on Wednesday. Lily tweeted about her hair, "Thank you Tracey Cunningham for the beautiful hair color! Love you so much! Genius."
Lily isn't the only Victoria's Secret Angel who is spending the Spring in NYC. Behati Prinsloo has been working on the lingerie label's new catalog all week with model Martha Hunt.
Eva Longoria donned a short white dress to celebrate the launch of Ferragamo's L'Icona line in honor of the 35th anniversary of the brand's iconic shoe line, Vara, last night at The McKittrick Hotel in NYC. She paired up with James Ferragamo for the festivities, which were also attended by Nicky Hilton, Victoria's Secret model Lily Aldridge, and more. The shoe celebrations were a family affair for Nicky, who was flanked by her parents, Kathy and Rick Hilton, while Lily got to link up with her model pal Jessica Hart.
Eva may have been celebrating more than just her designer friend last night. It was announced yesterday that Eva will star in a new sitcom, Mother Up! The series will be a part of Hulu's new original programming content that also features an animated series from Seth Meyers. The new project comes at just the right time for Eva, after the cancellation of Ready For Love, which she produced for NBC. It's not all over for Eva's series, though, since the unaired episodes will finish their run online.
If you've ever wondered what to wear when celebrating with one of fashion's most iconic brands, this style-conscious crew from Ferragamo's NYC party last night could lend you a few very chic outfit ideas. Jessica Hart has a look for the more fashion-forward downtown girl; the Australian model arrived in a printed miniskirt and pastel-hued jacket, but gave the outfit a seriously sexy twist with a pair of lace-up over-the-knee boots. Eva Longoria provided a more understated — but impeccably chic — cocktail look in a sculptural little white dress and gold-studded heels. Meanwhile, Lily Aldridge put her model stems on display in a quilted short-sleeved LBD and cutout pointed-toe heels, and Nicky Hilton styled up a party-ready play on Spring's big black and white trend, complete with a pair of studded Valentino heels. That's the breakdown on what this leggy set wore to party with Ferragamo — now it's time to weigh in. Which look gets your vote?
White is an undeniably crisp Spring color, and when you throw white on top of white? Well, it makes for a double dose of freshness. Case in point: Lily Aldridge's latest NYC ensemble, which included Equipment's silky white button-down ($208) and these 3.1 Phillip Lim draped trousers ($375). Equally impressive were the model's add-ons: these adorable Charlotte Olympia kitty cat loafers ($825), Givenchy's black Pandora bag ($2,020), and cat-eye sunglasses. Score Lily's exact pieces below — but first, a few tips on perfecting white on white for day and night. Be sure to also check out more impeccable model street style here.
- Pick the white pieces that feel the most comfortable for you — it can be tees, tanks, jeans, skirts, shorts, etc.
- Like Lily, add nonwhite accessories for contrast. We especially love the mix of white with animal print.
- For an office-appropriate white-on-white look, try tucking a white silky blouse into a white pencil skirt, then finishing off with nude or black pumps.
- To make white work for night, add sexier details like strappy sandals and shiny jewels to dress it up.
Black and white with a pop of red — that's exactly what both Lily Aldridge and Ashley Benson took on, two ways. It's not a revolutionary style formula, admittedly, but these looks remind us of the color combo's quiet impact. First, we love that they're in line with Spring's black-and-white trend, but of course there's no denying the cool dimension red adds to the mix. Benson's outfit is suited for daytime: a white tank with black ripped jeans and red ankle boots, finished with a luxurious lace Dolce & Gabbana bag and black-rimmed glasses. And Aldridge's look is perfect for a night out (we would add a blazer for further polish). The model started with a basic white V-neck tee, Citizens of Humanity leather jeans ($229), and red cap-toe pumps, then completed it all with a black leather tote, cat-eye sunglasses, and a sparkly rhinestone necklace. Get in on their tricolored style formula by shopping similar pieces below.
- Karl Lagerfeld has set the theme for this year's Bal de la Rose du Rocher in Monte Carlo as "Belle et Pop," which will combine the imagery and music of France's Golden Age with the latest trends in rap, hip-hop, and soul. [WWD]
- After previously showing in Milan, Burberry will present its next menswear collection in London. [Telegraph]
- Macy's latest brand literally comes straight from a magazine. Teen Vogue collaborated with the retailer on a collection that launches in stores and online today. [WWD]
- Meanwhile, Lily Aldridge has teamed up with Velvet by Graham & Spencer on a 13-piece capsule collection, which reflects the model's signature "boho rock-and-roll glamour" style. [Vogue UK]
- The Salvatore Ferragamo Museum will explore the mystical role of shoes in mythology through its next exhibition, The Amazing Shoemaker — Fairy Tales and Legends About Shoes and Shoemakers. [WWD]
- Condé Nast has premiered video networks for Glamour and GQ to kick-start the development of its newly created entertainment division. [Mashable]
- Iris Apfel's second collection of sunglasses for Eyebobs is now available. [SheFinds]
- Karlie's Kookies might soon be stocked at a Whole Foods near you. [The New York Post]
- Nicholas Kirkwood looks to architecture to inspire his fancy footwear: "The curve, the line, the angles, all of it is close to the structure of a bridge, if not of a building in itself." [AnotherMag]
If we're going to listen to anyone's advice on how to look and feel sexy on Valentine's Day, it's going to be from Victoria's Secret Angels. We caught up with models Candice Swanepoel and Lily Aldridge in New York City, where the ladies are preparing early for Cupid's big day. They let us in on their Valentine's Day plans and the beauty looks they think work best on date night. On Kirbie: Mcginn dress.