For Max Mara's Fall 2012 collection, it was all about "twenties and Bauhaus rationalism" made for "the strong, determined woman, like Emmeline Pankhurst and the suffragettes." The results? A robust artillery of militant-inspired cashmere coats, cropped trousers, and leather-embossed separates. A luxurious touch was injected into every look; cashmere jumpsuits were embellished with leather tabs and pea coats were styled with fluid silk trousers, most of which were paired with an array of leather and knit legwarmers. Standouts included an oyster-hued silk wrap dress paired with a double-faced leather and shearling oversized coat. More highlights from the collection below.
- Trends: Military, duster coats, oversized cropped pants.
- Colors: Army green, camel, oyster, black.
- Key Piece: The tailored oversized coat and languid silk gown combo was the perfect mix of rugged elegance.
- Accessories: Leather and knit leggings, militant caps, metallic silver pumps, houndstooth and leather satchels.
- Who Would Wear It: Celebs like Jessica Alba and Emma Stone have been spotted wearing past collections, and we can see them picking up a few of these pieces as well, especially the outerwear.