Miu Miu brings its Spring 2013 campaign to life with a series of videos, each of which stars a different model. Martha Hunt, Arizona Muse, Tamara Weijenberg, Malgosia Bela, Doutzen Kroes, Adriana Lima, and Bette Franke each take turns capturing the brooding, mischievous, and almost sinister undertones of Miu Miu's print campaign — and each leave the viewer wondering if perhaps there isn't something more to the brand's Spring 2013 collection than just the gorgeous clothing. A look at each of the spooky shorts below.
See all the videos.
It seems as though Miuccia Prada took a little inspiration from Mad Men for Miu Miu's Spring 2013 collection then took swing coats, pencil skirts, and bralet tops with it into undeniably modern times. Denim, vinyl, and duchess satin rendered the elegant silhouettes a touch edgy, a vibe highlighted by the upswept glasses and high-cut bangs. But the real standouts were the killer accessories: mink stoles, crushed leather handbags, rhinestone and leather necklaces, and of course knife-sharp pointy-toe shoes. Watch to enjoy it all!
Miuccia Prada delved into the past, specifically the '50s, for Miu Miu's effortlessly ladylike Spring '13 collection. "It's elegance done a different way," said Prada. With that notion in mind, she created impossibly refined dark denim skirt suits paired with crop tops and point-toe pumps, pencil skirts with patent jackets, and smart shift dresses worn under long car coats — all accessorized with leather gloves and fold-over satchels to complete the composed feminine look. While fur is not usually associated with Spring collections, Prada broke the barriers with an assortment of fur stoles slung over the shoulder and colored fur coats. Meanwhile, textural pieces, like the crinkled skirts and tops and dimensional abstract prints, showed off a modern element in Prada's chic offerings. Most notable was the forest-green car coat paired with the patent tan-colored pencil skirt — easy, unfussy, with just the right amount of panache.
- Trends: Oversize silhouettes, leather, statement prints.
- Colors: Indigo, white, tan, brown, red, forest green, gray.
- Key Piece: The denim skit suits were the perfect juxtaposition between casual and chic.
- Accessories: Leather fold-over tote bags, crackled point-toe pumps, stone bracelets, ballet flats, leather gloves, jewel-embellished flat sandals, fur scarves, point-toe flats, collar necklaces.
- Who Should Wear It: We can see fashion daredevil Solange Knowles in the sleek denim skirt suits and Carey Mulligan in Miu Miu's silk printed sheath dresses.