For Spring '13, Rachel Comey captured the crowd's attention with a smart play on effortlessly ladylike looks delivered with her signature quirk — and a slight menswear tilt.
For Spring '13, Rachel Comey captured the crowd's attention with a smart play on effortlessly ladylike looks delivered with her signature quirk — and a slight menswear tilt. When Comey went feminine, it was all about textural fringe-embellished sheaths, pink ruffled dresses, and midi skirts paired with crop tops. On the flip side, the designer's sportier side made an appearance via chic printed track shorts, utilitarian linen jackets, and camouflage-like slouched trousers. Swimwear also made a splash on the runway, highlighting retro-inspired printed swimsuits and high-waisted knickers. When it came to accessories, Comey knew how to please her die-hard fan following. Her assortment of bicolor leather satchels, laser-cut tote bags, cutout ankle boots, and our favorite, metallic colorblock sandals, are sure to create buyer frenzy come Spring. More details on the collection below, then click the slideshow to see the complete collection.
- Trends: Crop tops, cutouts, digital prints.
- Colors: White, citron, salmon pink, blue, orange.
- Key Piece: We adored Comey's structured crop top and midi skirt pairings.
- Accessories: Metallic colorblock sandals, oxfords, structured leather satchels, laser-cute tote bags, cutout ankle boots, cool shades.
- Who Should Wear It: Girls who favor an effortless whimsical twist like Alexa Chung, Kate Bosworth, and Rachel Bilson.