>> Donatella Versace and Christopher Kane tapped the rough-and-tumble youths of London's Camden Town for their Fall 2012 Versus collection. "The skinheads, the glitter, the acid tie-dye," Kane described backstage. And sure enough, there was a grittiness to the collection — and it was evident from the moment the first model appeared on the runway clad in a leather-sleeved jacket. Colors were dark and moody — burgundy, violet, and acid yellow — and everything from the skintight pants to the short little dresses was printed in psychedelic graphics or slashed-and-laced with grommets. "She's a rebellious, tough, angry, modern girl," Kane explained.
For Versus Fall 2012, Donatella Versace and Christopher Kane took it to the streets of London, more specifically to the Camden underground scene. Translation: it's all about the tough girl with a confident punk attitude and a penchant for grittier, trippier silhouettes. Between the bright tie-dye prints and rocker-chick lace-up minidresses, we could tell that Versus was honing in on its playful spirit and younger edge. While the collection offered a solid lineup of minis, over-the-knee leather boots, shredded-front tees, and general punk-appropriate attire, there were also some super-structured leather outerwear that struck us as totally wearable, no matter your personal style preference. Although Donatella and Christopher combined rougher elements — rock music, teenage angst, and more — the result can be easily transitioned into a sexier cocktail look. See more Versus details below.
- Trends: Bright tie-dye-meets-ikat prints, lace-up minis, strong leather silhouettes, and rounded shoulders.
- Colors: Fuchsia, turquoise, yellow, black, burgundy, and midnight blue.
- Key Piece: The punk-rock minidresses that featured sequins, psychedelic prints, or lace-up details.
- Accessories: Boxy purses, over-the-knee leather rocker boots, and tough biker boots with colorful piping.
- Who Would Wear It: Ladies who aren't afraid of showing a little skin with more than just a little attitude, like Heidi Klum, Diane Kruger, and Mila Kunis.