I recently experienced my first destination wedding.
I recently experienced my first destination wedding. And I don’t think any of my other friends' weddings will compare (sorry!). I was invited by the sister of the groom and it was in fun-but-hard-to-pronounce Zihuajanetejo, Mexico. The bride and groom chose this particular destination because they felt it's Mexico's best kept secret; they love the tropical surroundings and the quaint feel of the town. The closest friends, myself included, all stayed at this amazing house that the ceremony and party took place at as well. Cabin fever? No way, no how. The house can best be described as a luxurious tree house; everything was made out of wood, it spanned a whole cliff, hammocks and open air abound and an infinity pool overlooked the bay. It was, to say the least, fabulous.
- Who: Pamela & Colin
- Where: The Tree House, Zihuajanetejo, Mexico
- When: May 2, 2008
- What the bride wore: Sue Wong gown, Rene Caovilla shoes (the splurge) and her salsa after party dress was BCBG
- What the bridesmaids wore: One wore a Nicole Miller dress and they both changed into Victoria's Secret dresses for the salsa after party. They swapped wearing orange and green for the reception then the party (cute idea, huh?)
- What Fab wore: Check me and my friend out
- Where to next for Pamela & Colin: Greece
The intimate ceremony of about 30 people was cozy and comfortable. Since the bride and groom come from mixed ethnic backgrounds they celebrated the union of all the cultures. It was such a site to witness overlooking the beautiful Mexican bay.
To hear more details about the fantasy wedding, read more