Gallianodoesn't pack light. He was seen leaving his temporary New York pad with several hat boxes and six Louis Vuitton bags. There is no word yet on where he was heading or if he'll be back. [New York Post]
- The upcoming exhibition Punk: Chaos to Couture at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art has received a three-day extension. The decision to run the show until Aug. 14, a total of 100 days, is meant to commemorate a quote by The Clash guitarist Mick Jones that punk lasted for only 100 days at the Roxy. [WWD]
- Vivienne Westwood would like Kate Middleton to recycle her outfits more: "I think it would be great if she wore the same clothes over and again, because that's very good for the environment and it would send out a very nice message." [The Daily Mail]
- A public digital archive of Europe's fashion history is set to launch online on May 2nd. [Vogue UK]
- The Business of Fashion has a new look. [The Business of Fashion]
- Bow and No. 8 were just a few New York hot spots to host this season's most exciting Fashion Week parties. [Guest of a Guest]
- Tory Burch has split up with her boyfriend of five years, Lyor Cohen. [Styleite]
- Manolo Blahnik said Anna Piaggi inspired the imagery he created or the London Fashion Week show schedule. "I had a friend and she adored London — Miss Anna Piaggi . . . and I'm doing this as a kind of homage to her," the designer commented. "She always used to say that she thought that London was the freshest place . . . so this is a tribute to her and London." [Vogue UK]
A Fab Holiday gift guide is on its way, but in the meantime I must spotlight this Marc by Marc Jacobs Faux Bow Glitter Ring ($30, originally $48); it would make the perfect gift for a fashionable gal pal. I know I would love to receive it. At that price, you might as well get one for yourself, too. Wear it at your Holiday parties and you'll have everyone wrapped around your finger.
For more great deals, check out our new site SaleHabit.com!
When you do Bow pose on your own while lying on your belly, it's really difficult to get a good stretch in your spine because gravity is working against you. Flipping the pose over with help from a partner and trying it upside down feels amazing. The person on top will get an unbelievable stretch in her torso, chest, and shoulders, and the person on the bottom will greatly appreciate the pressure and support on his lower back.
I know this pose looks like a really advanced move, but if you learn how to do it a step at a time, you'll be flying in no time. Keep reading to find out how to get into this safely.
One of my favorite backbends in yoga is Bow pose. If you have a hard time holding your ankles with your hands, then you won't even be able to feel the amazing stretch in your chest and shoulders. So that's why doing this pose with a friend is so great. This is actually a move your therapist might do with you if you had a Thai massage.
Want to know how to do this pose with a partner? Then read more
You're asking and I'm answering . . .
"Hi Fit!! I'm taking a yoga class at the university gym. Once every class, the teacher will ask us to do the wheel and everybody either can or can't do it. I can't but would love to learn how. How can I build up to be able to do the wheel? Thanks!!"
- Tiny Bubble
While big sis Paris wore next to nothing for her Vegas birthday bash, Nicky Hilton opted for a classier ensemble with her Sass & Bide bow dress. The mix of silver accessories gives the look a relaxed feel. Some girls would be intimidated by a sexily dressed sister, but Nicky seems comfortable being the cute and covered-up sibling.
Bows are über girlie, but when paired with masculine pieces, they create an outfit nothing short of perfection. Elisha Cuthbert has achieved just that. Her feminine, oversized, Phillip Lim satin bow top is downplayed by her high-waisted trouser jeans. Genius. Should you desire to tie yourself a bow, follow Elisha's lead, and do so for under $100.