You may remember when we first gushed about the Saguaro Hotel in our colorblocking trend story. Designed by Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat of Stamberg Aferiat Architecture, the 194-room Joie de Vivre hotel opened in November of 2011 to reveal a desert oasis inspired by the surrounding flora and Latin/Southwestern culture. Now, we're revisiting to take a closer look at Stamberg and Aferiat's color-crazed design vision for this must-see Scottsdale, AZ destination.
Clockwise from top left: Nike Airborne Tank ($45), Nike Dri Fit Sports Bra ($36), American Apparel Denim Fluorescent Gym Bag ($18), Puma Loop Watch ($50), Nike Pegasus Running Shoes ($100), Nike Hero Shorts ($25)
I've been so inspired by the freshness and energy that Bryce Dallas Howard has been bringing to the Kate Spade ad campaign. I especially love this photo of Bryce, who's brandishing a bullhorn and sporting not one but two prettily colored Essex Scout Handbags ($295). The fantastic stained glass, color blocked window behind Bryce definitely adds to the energy of the shoot. To add some color blocking to your home, start with the Petite Stained Glass Firescreen ($3,500) from the '60s. Layer on a Mondrian Throw ($1.000) and a Balanced Design Pillow ($140) for some colorful fun. To get more color blocking in your home, just click on each image above.
As soon as I laid eyes on this chic, colorful look from Fab reader brunetteblogging, I knew it had to be copied. She created a cool color-blocking effect by tucking a mustard-colored tank into a pleated navy skirt, then cinching it in at the waist with a wide white belt. For accessories, she chose a pair of cute leopard Mary Janes and a structured, doctor-style satchel. Not only is the color combo totally fresh, but the look can easily go from day to night. Click each item to buy.
- Color block is the new floral — The Cut
- More speculation about Kate Middleton's wedding dress designer — FabSugar UK
- Natalie Portman's inner circle of fashion friends — People
- The Fall/Winter 2011 London Fashion Week schedule is now in — Vogue UK
- The Weekender: an office party outfit — Stylelist
- Festive jackets, coats, and cardigans for the holidays — Fashionologie
- Help Jessica Simpson make another billion at Overstock — The Budget Fashionista
- Red carpet trend: Winter whites — Red Carpet Fashion Awards
- Pilar Olaverri's Spring collection for Derek Lam available early — W Editors' Blog
- Boulevard: Winter color pop — Hilltop Glossy
- Gearing up for the cold weather — Vogue Daily
- Gift guides 2010: young and edgy — Purse Blog
I have been eyeing this Miu Miu Vernice Pop Pump, $525, ever since the day it came out. It's as close to candy-like as a shoe can get. I adore the stitching, the glossy patent and the color blocking...so imagine how ecstatic I was to discover a look for less!
To see the less expensive version, read more