Inspired by the warm palette and natural textures of interior designer Shawn Henderson's cozy cottage, we searched high and low for pieces that evoke a similar feel. Seersucker fabrics, clay accessories, and rich wood furnishings work together to create a sophisticated, down-to-earth space.
Spending a weekend in the country doesn't mean you have to check your fashion sense at the cabin door. This Fall's chicest cabin-friendly styles include parkas, luxe leather, shearling trim, and bold brights in novel cape and cocoon silhouettes. Courtesy of Secret, this week's style challenge gives you the chance to win a gorgeous YSL bag! Create a look that could have you strutting down the streets of any city or just as easily find you cozying up in a cabin by the fire. What do you get for channeling Carrie á la the country house in Upstate New York with Aidan (swoon)? The creator of the winning look will receive an Yves Saint Laurent bag to take you seamlessly from city pied-á-terre to rustic cabin. Enter to win now – challenge ends Oct. 31!
1. Go to ShopStyle and sign up for a free account. If you already have a PopSugar account then there's no need to sign up.
2. Shop away! Hover over the piece you want and click "Favorite" so that it goes into your stylebook.
3. Ready to style? Go to your stylebook and click "Create a Look." Drag and drop the pieces you want. Make it look pretty!
4. Save it, then click "Share Look," then "Blog It."
5. Copy the code provided at the bottom of the page and paste it into a "New Post" while in raw HTML mode (not rich text) in the Fab Stylist of the Week group. Include the name of the challenge in your post's title so we can see it.
See Official Rules.
Taking a page from country-inspired collections like D&G's cheeky gingham-injected daywear, we can't help but be captivated with the kind of girly dresses and easy denim that make for a very chic take on farmer-inspired outfits. It's not just the runways; it's all over fashion editorials — Zuzana Gregorova captured in overalls in the pages of Marie Claire Italia, Ashley Smith for Black Magazine, denim-clad duo Sacha Blue and Daria Z in Dmag, and Kristina C sun-kissed in Grazia Germany all hint at the simpler life and effortless styling that goes with. Looking for ways to wear the trend? Think pretty frills on your LWDs, wood-soled wedges, and lots of denim to pair with brightly hued checks. Click through for the essential pieces to get you started.