For Spring '13, Helmut Lang strayed away from its usual minimalistic edge and instead experimented with graphic prints and jolts of color. Taking on a sporty tone, designers Nicole and Michael Colovos showcased colorblocked dresses, airy trousers, boxy jackets, and sexily sheer details in bright pops of orange, blue, and red. It was decidedly punchier than what we're used to seeing from the designers, but there were still some edgy, colorblocked blazers and architectural angles — updated in shiny finishes — for those in search of their subversive Helmut Lang fix.
- Trends: Sporty, sheer details, and colorblocking.
- Colors: White, blue, orange, white, gray, red, and black.
- Key Piece: The stunning blue, floral-printed jacket paired with the black, sheer inset dress.
- Accessories: Subversive leather sandals.
- Who Should Wear It: Statement-makers like Rihanna and Hanneli Mustaparta.